Pro-PCAD singer 'attacked' in Chiang Mai

webfact

Pro-PCAD Singer 'Attacked' In Chiang Mai
By Khaosod English

13917632391391763258l.jpg

CHIANG MAI: -- Folk-pop singer Lanna Commins told Chiang Mai police she was a victim of a physical assault, which might have been politically-motivated.

The 30 year old singer said she was attacked by a group of people in front of a pub-and-restaurant in Mueang Chiang Mai district last night, where she was drinking with her boyfriend.

While she was at the pub prior to the incident, Ms. Lanna said, the group of assailants who were sitting on the next table started to mockingly imitate her appearance on anti-government protest rally stage in Bangkok on 18 January, in which she performed the hit song "Can′t Be Trusted".

The group consisted of 2 women and 3 men, said Ms. Lanna, a native of Chiang Mai province.

As they were leaving the place later, according to the singer, the group had mocked her famous song again, angering Ms. Lanna′s boyfriend. When her boyfriend reportedly approached the group to ask them to stop teasing Ms. Lanna, the assailants charged at both of them, leading to a brawl.

Ms. Lanna claimed she was punched in her face and her hands. She also told the police she had lost her purse which contained her ID card, cash cards, and approximately 2,500 baht in cash.

She later filed complaint with the police.

Our correspondent added that Ms. Lanna’s appearance on PCAD stage had caused dissatisfaction among many residents in Chiang Mai province, which is known as a solid base of support for Phee Thai Party and the Shinawatra family.

According to Pol Lt Col Kraisri Junphan, Chief of the Chiang Mai Provincial Police, an investigation team has been instructed to study footage from CCTV installed at the restaurant, in order to track down the culprits.

The officer said it is currently unclear whether the attack was politically-motivated. However, Pol Lt Col Kraisri also indicated that the singer is alleged to have previously engaged in fights during her other night-outs in the province.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1UYzJNekl6T1E9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-07

I would say it was more alcohol motivated, 2 bottles of Leo between 5 people can turn them into wild animals.

Little red thugs.... police won't do a damned thing and already took the opportunity to intimate that Lanna had a history of trouble.

I am not surprised if she is anti-gov living in Chiang Mai.

The officer said it is currently unclear whether the attack was politically-motivated biggrin.png

The 'unbiased' BIB at it again. Chiang Mai along with a number of other areas of Thailand (Udon, Pathum Thani, for example) is where freedom of thought or opinion is allowed as long as it is pro-PTP.

So she's been appearing on an illegally set-up stage in Bangkok, in support of a nutcase insurrectionist, whose supporters regularly call northerners "stupid buffaloes" - and then she thinks she can go out in the evening among the citizens of Chiang Mai and not get a reaction? She's either naive or stupid, I'd say (though the violence was wrong).

• Like 1

Coconuts reports that the 3 males we're farang..

http://t.bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/02/07/famous-singer-lanna-commins-attacked-outside-chiang-mai-pub

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Same being reported on kapook.com

http://hilight.kapook.com/view/97544

Obviously a 'democratic' reaction from Thaksin supporters to someone using their 'democratic' right to free speech.

If she supports Suthep, an his stupid idea that people in the north are too stupid to vote, then she better stay in her safe yellow environment.

You can not expect the northern people to not react to the constant provocations made by the anti-democracy group.

If you are joining those who want to overthrow the elected government, and participate in their smearing campaign, then stay among your yellow (heavily armed and violent) angels in Bangkok or the south.

Go to the north and risk an encounter with those who you upset.

Can't really blame the ones who reminded her that she should respect other people's voice too -_-

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If she supports Suthep, an his stupid idea that people in the north are too stupid to vote, then she better stay in her safe yellow environment.

You can not expect the northern people to not react to the constant provocations made by the anti-democracy group.

If you are joining those who want to overthrow the elected government, and participate in their smearing campaign, then stay among your yellow (heavily armed and violent) angels in Bangkok or the south.

Can't really blame the ones who reminded her that she should respect other people's voice too -_-

So you're insinuating that citizens and/or guests from up North that support the PTP/UDD are just violent thugs?

Hmm.. Interesting...

Edited by GrantSmith

So you're insinuating that citizens and/or guests from up North that support the PTP/UDD are just violent thugs?

Hmm.. Interesting...

Not at all.

On the contrary.

Since the beginning of Suthep's violent and unconstitutional protests, the northern people have showed the utmost restrain and have wisely and peacefully kept away from the criminal yellow mobs.

-_-

I find it really astonishing that the people in the north have been able to keep so quiet, patient and peaceful, while Suthep and his insane followers have been directing at them constant denigrating insults, countless verbal attacks, and vicious provocations, from the safety of their protests sites... Great people!

:rolleyes:

But, of course, if one of these yellow vermin then dares to ventures in the north and shows her disdain right there, in the pro-democracy majority, ... some people may lose their temper.

But it is just a normal human reaction to the terrible persecution they are subject to. Nothing more.

-_-

I hope this girl now stays safe in her "educated middle class group of people" and never goes back to the north... Till shows more respect for her fellow compatriots

;)

Edited by gerry1011

Hmm.. Interesting...

Not at all.

On the contrary.

Since the beginning of Suthep's violent and unconstitutional protests, the northern people have showed the utmost restrain and have wisely and peacefully kept away from the criminal yellow mobs.

-_-

I find it really astonishing that the people in the north have been able to keep so quiet, patient and peaceful, while Suthep and his insane followers have been directing at them constant denigrating insults, countless verbal attacks, and vicious provocations, from the safety of their protests sites... Great people!

:rolleyes:

But, of course, if one of these yellow vermin then dares to ventures in the north and shows her disdain right there, in the pro-democracy majority, ... some people may lose their temper.

But it is just a normal human reaction to the terrible persecution they are subject to. Nothing more.

-_-

I hope this girl now stays safe in her "educated middle class group of people" and never goes back to the north... Till shows more respect for her fellow compatriots

;)

The rest of your pro-democracy dribble and diatribe notwithstanding, so because a Thai citizen - who spent a large chunk of her 30 years in Chiang Mai - is not welcome because of her opinion?

How democratic of you...

:rollseyes:

Edited by GrantSmith

If there's going to be a fight in a Chiang Mai bar, for whatever reason, it's going to happen there at Spicy. It's a rough after hours place, and fights between Thai and farang aren't uncommon when there's alcohol and pride involved.

And, yes, she's looking fat.

And yes, here's the truly surprising part, lots and lots of urban folk in Chiang Mai are not red - they hate this govt and are too afraid to speak up.

If there's going to be a fight in a Chiang Mai bar, for whatever reason, it's going to happen there at Spicy. It's a rough after hours place, and fights between Thai and farang aren't uncommon when there's alcohol and pride involved.

And, yes, she's looking fat.

And yes, here's the truly surprising part, lots and lots of urban folk in Chiang Mai are not red - they hate this govt and are too afraid to speak up.

Yes never let the truth get in the way of gerry1011's red rhetoric...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app