How to watch US tv

scottmercer86

This is probably no help at all. There is an app in the Google store that allows me to watch a lot of US TV in my smartphone (which would hook to my TV) but I didn't subscribe because I have cable TV at home (in the US.) I forget what it cost monthly, but it wasn't bad.

I don't know if that is available in Thailand but you might do a search. Being satellite, you might be able to get it.

ustvnow.com seems OK. But it's NY time, sometimes hard to watch shows. You have to pay a premium for the DVR service.

Another way is Sling Box. If you can get this setup, it works fairly well. Or, do you have a cable account in the US? If so, you can sign up with many of the channels and watch shows from their websites. But you'll need a VPN that gives you a US IP address. Costs about $5 a month.

"Have any of you had success getting a US IP address. I'd like to watch ESPN and other shows from the US. How do I go about doing that?"

This is quite straight forward if you use a VPN. I use a company that has servers in USA,Canada and UK. I have been watching UK tv for some time now and the service is very good, not very expensive at about $2 a week.

Anyone interested in further info can send me a message.

If you use Google chrome download their Zenmate extension. It will give you a VPN and a choice of countries you want that VPN to be from, including the US. You will then have access to all the 'TV i-players' etc that are normally restricted to viewing within the US. You don't get all the advertising rubbish and unwanted links that are associated with other sites such as Expat Shield either.