What wood is this ?

here is the black post.....polished up it does have a red tinge when viewed in sunlight from a certain angle....but this might also be the red sanding dust settling into the grain and cracks....shall give it a wash and see what comes up also in next few days.

attachicon.gifIMG_3171.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3172.JPG

It's a bit difficult to see, as these photos aren't as clear as the ones you posted a bit earlier, but from what I can make out the grain configuration looks very similar in both. I'm still inclined to think that they are both the same wood, just that the darker one has been subjected to different growing/drying/storage conditions. Some clearer shots of the dark wood would help.

Showbags the Showman.

Building the suspense

here is the black post.....polished up it does have a red tinge when viewed in sunlight from a certain angle....but this might also be the red sanding dust settling into the grain and cracks....shall give it a wash and see what comes up also in next few days.

attachicon.gifIMG_3171.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3172.JPG

It's a bit difficult to see, as these photos aren't as clear as the ones you posted a bit earlier, but from what I can make out the grain configuration looks very similar in both. I'm still inclined to think that they are both the same wood, just that the darker one has been subjected to different growing/drying/storage conditions. Some clearer shots of the dark wood would help.

Showbags the Showman.

Building the suspense

biggrin.png