Luang Poo Buddha-issara rejected check in at SC Park Hotel

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bad move. Some business person at the Shin Motel just elevated what should have been a non-event into a PR nightmare with accompanying protest. They haven't got a clue. They're worse at PR than they are at rice scams.

it's just too funny. Now they are going to be inundated with bogus bookings etc.

Today, has been a very good day, watching the noose tightening around The Shinafia.

Lampposts and ropes anyone?

Plenty of lampposts & ropes round my way. But the thing is, how can you hang rats?

I've had several Thais tell me that this fake monk will probably be reborn as a dog or other animal due to the damage he has done to Thai Buddhism and Thailand.

Its only a matter of time before karma catches up to him.

And Thaksin is the voodoo priest?

ha ha ha

it's not a public place and the hotel does reserve the right as to who it allows in. They probably have international and local tourists staying there and they have a duty of care for their safety as well as ensuring they have an enjoyable stay. They don't want gunfire and grenades in the lobby might scare tourists off.

Indeed. Having 200 (now irate) protesters camping outside your reception area will do wonders.

The hotel guests will be absolutely exstatic. I would guess they are all queueing up to take photos

And what was the other option? Do you think if they were allowed in they would all hang about peaceably at the poolside sipping on pina coladas?

Well with all the donations that have been coming forward I am sure Suthep has budgeted a few pina coladas beside the pool and a massage or two for the leaders/staff officers. He is staying in the presidential suite so the officer staff are entitled to a few luxuries. Can't have command living in tents with the low life cannon fodder, they have germs.

Edited by chooka

I've had several Thais tell me that this fake monk will probably be reborn as a dog or other animal due to the damage he has done to Thai Buddhism and Thailand.

I've got it told to me that arguably, he is the best monk Thailand has had for a long time, the most intellectual... the most prolific-writer, philosopher... and so on and so on..."

Of course to curse him because he's against a totally corrupt government so loved by others seems to be against the very teachings of the Buddha.

• Like 1

it's not a public place and the hotel does reserve the right as to who it allows in. They probably have international and local tourists staying there and they have a duty of care for their safety as well as ensuring they have an enjoyable stay. They don't want gunfire and grenades in the lobby might scare tourists off.

Indeed. Having 200 (now irate) protesters camping outside your reception area will do wonders.

The hotel guests will be absolutely exstatic. I would guess they are all queueing up to take photos

And what was the other option? Do you think if they were allowed in they would all hang about peaceably at the poolside sipping on pina coladas?

Well with all the donations that have been coming forward I am sure Suthep has budgeted a few pina coladas beside the pool and a massage or two for the leaders. He is staying in the presidential suite so the officer staff are entitled to a few luxuries. Can't have command living in tents with the low life cannon fodder, they have germs.

Nice that "you're sure". No doubt you know Suthep.

BTW when is the documentation forthcoming on the land deal financed with protest donations ?

@Rubi Quate 66

What land deal? I never mentioned a land deal. I know nothing of a land deal by Suthep financed by donations. Wow this man is more corrupt than I thought. You are saying he is using the donations from the protest for personal land deals????

This guy has to be stopped now as he is scamming his supporters. You just opened my eyes wider on him, he is a thief and a lowlife.

I think they have found a new place to protest. And the air conditioned lobby of a Shinawatra owned hotel is so much more comfortable than under the hot sun! Thank you Thaksin! wai2.gif

Oh I did think the laity shunned such materialistic dwellings, clearly a tent is not sufficient for a certain monk who is in the process of being defrocked of his monkhood. Now we understand why...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I never thought I could dislike someone more than Suthep but I have found him

there is nothing that makes my skin crawl more than a 'holy man' who stinks of money, hotels and inciting breaking the law and being involved in politics

can't get an expensive hotel room despite booking? oh NO!

the Road to Enlightenment is so, soooo difficult these days...

Edited by binjalin

As long as their booking fees were returned (if any) it is the right of the hotel to refuse guests. Maybe the desk saw that they were going to pack each room with 10 pax or didn't have the minimum attire required? Pets?

Don't know the whole background but sad to say they could be refused.

there is nothing that makes my skin crawl more than a 'holy man' who stinks of money, hotels and inciting breaking the law and being involved in politics

yes the middle of the road is so hard to find these days ;)

Oooh. I think Rayban Monk has already championed that one.

I've got it told to me that arguably, he is the best monk Thailand has had for a long time, the most intellectual... the most prolific-writer, philosopher... and so on and so on..."

Of course to curse him because he's against a totally corrupt government so loved by others seems to be against the very teachings of the Buddha.

We would all love to know these sources stating such. Would you care to enlighten us all on TV? I think not as there maybe no one of any credibility, though please do correct me, as he is being in the process of being defrocked of his monkhood, strange that and by his own peers. Don't post if you haven't got some semblance of fact....

Why any tourist would want to go and stay in an average hotel in Ram Intra, god only knows?

I don't know but they must stay there as the hotel is operating and they still have a duty of care for their guests.

utter madness

you do understand he breaks the Rules? NO politics? it is not a monks concern and well you know it - ON EITHER side

I would be as against a monk on the reds side (yes there were some in 2010) as much as the elites as now

monks + politics (and airplanes or whatever secular) = fake

Why any tourist would want to go and stay in an average hotel in Ram Intra, god only knows?

I don't know but they must stay there as the hotel is operating and they still have a duty of care for their guests.
Russians perhaps?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wow, you are lucky, there is not many of those about. For me there is nothing makes my skin crawl more than expats who have had all the benefits of a good education system openly supporting a fugitive criminal and his party of puppet mafia politicians who are hell bent on nothing but the destruction of Thailand whilst they empty every baht from the national coffers. There seems to be quite a few of those folks (expats) who have gravitated to this site, coincidentally since all the protests started.

keep on topic?

this thread is about a monk checking into an expensive hotel and not getting his booking? READ again? A MONK

monks ain't what they used to be

can't imagine Lord Buddha checking into a hotel can you?

• Like 1

t>

Oooh. I think Rayban Monk has already championed that one.

Are you talking about the monk that had sex with an underage girl and had a private jet ?

OK he probably takes the cake but this yellow shirt "monk" protest leader comes a close second in terms of rottenness.

• Like 2

Wow, you are lucky, there is not many of those about. For me there is nothing makes my skin crawl more than expats who have had all the benefits of a good education system openly supporting a fugitive criminal and his party of puppet mafia politicians who are hell bent on nothing but the destruction of Thailand whilst they empty every baht from the national coffers. There seems to be quite a few of those folks (expats) who have gravitated to this site, coincidentally since all the protests started.

Supporting or having a difference of opinion is two entirely different matters gentleman Jim or do you openly support the slaying of His Majesty's Police Force and or civilians. I think your reply may be rather meek or muted on this point.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

keep on topic?

this thread is about a monk checking into an expensive hotel and not getting his booking? READ again? A MONK

Some monks have been known to rub shoulders with the rich and famous of Thailand and fly in private jets to Paris on shopping trips. Some monks have been known to have had many wives and born children whom they have kept as a result of their rich thai friends. Some monks own expensive real estate in france and other places.

Yes I agree with you some monks aren't what they use to be.

• Like 1

Understandable that the Shinwatras don't want poor smelly farmer in their nice hotels.

It is made for the rich.....and the poor are nothing.

That is the Shinawatra style.....Yingluck doesn't even want to speak with them.....I recall how they made the wooden bridge in the floods so Yingluck could walk in her designerboots above the heads of the people who are submerged....

You certainly have a weird slant on this. These peole are protesting about the Shinatras right? If somebody was protesting about you, would you let them do it in your living room? Particularly when the chances are they will smash the place up? I also think you have something else wrong too - well half wrong anyway. You say that YL and co don't want to talk to the smelly farmers? How about the people who are funding Suthep's madness who think these very same farmers are uneducated dullards and should not be allowed to vote? Fairs fair now, you got to allow both sides of the argument right?

Wake up and smell the coffee.

No-one thinks that the farmers should not be allowed to vote.

Suthep has never said that.

The issue is quite the reverse, the farmers should be allowed to vote but they should have the chance of a fair vote and not be coerced, bullied, forced or bribed into voting for the Puppet Master and his minions.

The no vote for the farmers/Isaan is a lie made up by the red propoganda machine to convince people that it would be dangerous to vote outside of any of the red political incarnations.

To be honest, it is quite a convincing lie, well it had you fooled.

Really? Did you not read a post on here a week or two ago when one of the TV members heard his wife's grandmother tallking about the farmer? "I'm surprised they're allowed to vote" were her words. Suthep never said it, this is true but the the so-called elite who fund him think exactly that and have said exactly that. They feel farmers should not be allowed to vote because they're uneducated. Your turn to wake up and smell the coffee my friend. Love Thaksin or hate Thaksin, he did more for rural Thailand during his short tenure than all the PM's in history before him. 10's of thousands of villages that were just dirt road with no electricity have electricity and hard top roads solely because of Thaksin, nobody else. Fact. That's not to say he didn't ourageously line his own pockets but that sems to be the way in Thailand with these clowns.

• Like 1

For me there is nothing makes my skin crawl more than expats who have had all the benefits of a good education system openly supporting people like Suthep and Abhisit and their party of puppet mafia politicians who are hell bent on nothing but the destruction of Thailand whilst they empty every baht from the national coffers. There seems to be quite a few of those folks (expats) who have gravitated to this site. I guess their brain is still locked in a high revving first gear, having been brainwashed by the drip feed of propaganda from the nation newspaper...

• Like 1

We would all love to know these sources stating such. Would you care to enlighten us all on TV? I think not as there maybe no one of any credibility, though please do correct me, as he is being in the process of being defrocked of his monkhood, strange that and by his own peers. Don't post if you haven't got some semblance of fact....

Which sources, those of 'moonao' or mine?

I doubt moonae will give you names and neither I'm I reveling to you who of my many Thai collegues and friends told me such.

BTW The National Office of Buddhism, which maintains and promotes Buddhist affairs and operates under the prime minister’s office, lodged a police complaint against Issara on Jan. 21, alleging he violated the Buddhist Monk Act by leading protests.

Police on Tuesday (Feb. 4) asked a criminal court to authorize the arrest of Luang Pu Buddha Issara for laying siege to government offices in Bangkok’s Lak Si district and obstructing voting during last week’s general elections, the National News Bureau of Thailand reports.

The provincial order to which Issara belongs, and which has the authority to expel him, has concluded that he has breached Buddhist discipline.

I guess that from now on we'll also hear voices of condemnation and requests for defrockment of all Buddhist Monks who lead or led protest against corrupt or Military governments around us. How about those monks leading protests in Myanmar a few years ago?

keep on topic?

So why in your post are you talking about SUTHEP (not sure what the capitals are for are you hard of hearing?) stay on topic!

Supporting or having a difference of opinion is two entirely different matters gentleman Jim or do you openly support the slaying of His Majesty's Police Force and or civilians. I think your reply may be rather meek or muted on this point.

Well I am not sure they are two entirely different things in this context cricket nut. If you can provide one piece of text that says i am openly (or even behind closed doors) 'supporting the slaying of HM Police Force and or civilians' I will give a million baht to charity. Pity HM Police Force do not remember they are supposed to support that particular institution when they are in full support of the fugitive criminal Thaksin and his desire for a Republic so that they can carry on extorting the very people who rely on them to uphold the laws of this country. So off you run and try again, better still stick to watching cricket, I imagine you have a much better grip on that than the morals of Thai politics. Was that meek enough or muted enough for you?

• Like 2

You ask a question and assume you know the answer to the point of leading to 'meek or muted' replies?

keep on topic?

Some monks have been known to rub shoulders with the rich and famous of Thailand and fly in private jets to Paris on shopping trips. Some monks have been known to have had many wives and born children whom they have kept as a result of their rich thai friends. Some monks own expensive real estate in france and other places.

Yes I agree with you some monks aren't what they use to be.

oh yes. And when the Saints and when the Saints go marching in oh how I won't be in their number , oh when the Saints go marching in!

utter madness

you do understand he breaks the Rules? NO politics? it is not a monks concern and well you know it - ON EITHER side

I would be as against a monk on the reds side (yes there were some in 2010) as much as the elites as now

monks + politics (and airplanes or whatever secular) = fake

Utter BS. Do you understand he's "accused" of breaking rules. Do you understand he's in a democratic anti-government protest? Do you understand that that has nothing to do with politics? It's just standing up against an undemocratic, corrupt government which tried to push their own blanket amnesty through. That's why the protests started.

Monks + democratic protest = real concern

BTW what about those monks leading protests in Myanmar a few years ago?

• Like 1

For me there is nothing makes my skin crawl more than expats who have had all the benefits of a good education system openly supporting people like Suthep and Abhisit and their party of puppet mafia politicians who are hell bent on nothing but the destruction of Thailand whilst they empty every baht from the national coffers. There seems to be quite a few of those folks (expats) who have gravitated to this site. I guess their brain is still locked in a high revving first gear, having been brainwashed by the drip feed of propaganda from the nation newspaper...

Okay, Okay, I take it all back, I surrender. Clearly viewing your very unoriginal attempt at plagiarism it is clear that not all expats have had the benefit of a good education system, I will concede that part. Isn't there a rule on here about altering peoples text? my my you didn't even put my name and offer thanks for the text you quoted.