AirAsia plane made emergency landing last night in Phuket

simon43

According to my reading of the news article in the local Thai newspaper:

An Airasia plane enroute from Mecca (Saudi Arabia) to Kuala Lumpur made an emergency landing at Phuket Airport about 10pm yesterday, due to the illness of one of their passengers, a 64-year old Malaysian man. He was taken to Thalang hospital, but succumbed to his illness (heart problems I think).

Simon

From Wiki:

"Traveling to Thailand from Saudi Arabia requires an official business visit by the government. Personal business visits have to be authorized by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Tourism is not permitted to Thailand and violating the law by traveling to Thailand is taken seriously. Violators may be subject to investigation leading to a fine or a jail sentence. The number of Thai Muslim pilgrims permitted to perform the hajj has been strictly limited."

Edited by Shot

From Wiki:

"Traveling to Thailand from Saudi Arabia requires an official business visit by the government. Personal business visits have to be authorized by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Tourism is not permitted to Thailand and violating the law by traveling to Thailand is taken seriously. Violators may be subject to investigation leading to a fine or a jail sentence. The number of Thai Muslim pilgrims permitted to perform the hajj has been strictly limited."

wiki knows bah.gif! we have Saudi friends visiting us every year.

17,000 Saudis visit Thailand despite ban | GulfNews.com

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentid=20130903179121

Saudis defy travel ban with Thai holidays - ArabianBusiness.com

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/saudis-defy-travel-ban-with-thai-holidays-516358.html

• Like 1

Sorry for the guy who got sick,

Well he died actually...

@Naam, please don't shoot the messenger :) I merely translated what I read in 'Southern Voice' newspaper, which stated that the plane was flying from Mecca to KL.

It wasn't really relevant to the outcome for this poor chap.

Simoin

• Like 1

From Wiki:

wiki knows bah.gif! we have Saudi friends visiting us every year.

17,000 Saudis visit Thailand despite ban | GulfNews.com

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentid=20130903179121

Saudis defy travel ban with Thai holidays - ArabianBusiness.com

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/saudis-defy-travel-ban-with-thai-holidays-516358.html

So the ban is still in place, I know they come here as I have 2 regular guests in my hotel.

Sorry for the guy who got sick,

Well he died actually...

@Naam, please don't shoot the messenger smile.png I merely translated what I read in 'Southern Voice' newspaper, which stated that the plane was flying from Mecca to KL.

It wasn't really relevant to the outcome for this poor chap.

Simoin

the poor chap is most likely in paradise after having recently performed umra in Mecca. but whatever, may he rest in pease!

Many of Muslim food consist curry with heavy oil to cook, these block your ateries blood flow you can see many Arabs men have big tummy which not good for your health.The captain makes a smart move as few second brain will die if lack oxsigen

That's true from my observation too

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app