Caretaker govt wants new polls on March 30

webfact

Caretaker govt wants new polls on March 30
By Digital Content

13929680565491.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 21 – The caretaker government today called on the Election Commission (EC) to set March 30 for simultaneous national elections of senators and Lower House Members of Parliament in unsuccessful constituencies.

Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister/Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said March 30 would be the most appropriate date and holding Upper House and Lower House elections on the same day would save national budget.

Balloting in 28 constituencies in eight southern provinces, and a few other provinces in other regions, in the Feb 2 general election was postponed due to disruptions by protesters and other inconveniences.

Mr Surapong made the proposal through the media and said it would not be necessary to submit an official letter to EC on the simultaneous elections.

Somchai Srisuthiyakorn, EC member for election administration, however, stood firm that EC must wait for the Constitution Court’s ruling on new elections in 28 southern constituencies which have no candidates so far.

Meanwhile, Mr Surapong discouraged protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban from leading protesters to seize business buildings for it would further jeopardise investors’ confidence and foreign investment in Thailand.

Many foreign investors have already relocated from Thailand, he warned.

“Mr Suthep should use his brain, not emotion. He should love the country and stop being selfish. His reputation as a former deputy prime minister has been ruined by his activity,” said Mr Surapong who is concurrently a key member of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order.

He said he believed new elections would be successful and ruled out the possibility of appointing a non-elected prime minister as it is unconstitutional.

He said Ms Yingluck has been performing her routine duties and monitoring the situation though government offices were inaccessible for her.

He refused to disclose Ms Yingluck’s whereabouts. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-21

Mr Surapong made the proposal through the media and said it would not be necessary to submit an official letter to EC on the simultaneous elections.

In other words listen to what we have to say in the media und on facebook. No more direct talks, phone calls or official letters. facepalm.gif

Maybe he has a point. BUT for him to say Suthep should use his brain-------Coming from the government, JOKE.

He also stated that he should love his country and not be selfish------------------ " " " " " " " JOKE

If this government were clean --transparent --honest---loyal, you could agree with him. BUT again with sticky fingers in the till here and there their statements are unreal. What the heck do Western countries think when they read these stupid statements ??? surely there have been so many Thailand now is not taken seriously.

Their true colours are out so much more now the THUG/KILLER/SH## HOUSE/ has been disrupting BKK, without him we would not be aware of so much, and little action would have taken place re-government scandals.

• Like 2

That this individual is even allowed to speak for the caretaker government is a mockery of all that should be considered sacred and vital to solving the many problems that the Thai people are presently enduring and hoping for viable solutions to.

• Like 1

Every time I see his picture it makes me think someone that ugly shouldn't be allowed out in public.

Meanwhile, Mr Surapong discouraged protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban from leading protesters to seize business buildings for it would further jeopardise investors’ confidence and foreign investment in Thailand.

Particularly the Shin businesses for I have a lot of shares in the family business and stand to lose a lot of money.

Every time I see his picture it makes me think someone that ugly shouldn't be allowed out in public.

Meanwhile, Mr Surapong discouraged protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban from leading protesters to seize business buildings for it would further jeopardise investors confidence and foreign investment in Thailand.

Particularly the Shin businesses for I have a lot of shares in the family business and stand to lose a lot of money.

Sometimes schadenfraude isn't so bad after all.

The government knows it has very few voters left and needs to make this mangled election completed ASAP

Won't happen

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You yellow keep repeating that PTP has very few supporters left, then why do the fascist not chance an election? may be because they have very few supporters left themselves, you guys should call for an election

Either put up or forever hold your peace!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

The government knows it has very few voters left and needs to make this mangled election completed ASAP

Won't happen

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You yellow keep repeating that PTP has very few supporters left, then why do the fascist not chance an election? may be because they have very few supporters left themselves, you guys should call for an election

Either put up or forever hold your peace!

Cheers

Are you always over your daily quota at 3pm?

He refused to disclose Miss Yingluck's whereabouts.

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Reporter: "Caretaker Foreign Minister, where is the Caretaker Prime Minister?"

FM: "I am not at liberty of telling you that."

Reporter: "Hm, but doesn't the public have a right to know? I mean, she IS the leader of the caretaker government. Or this a kindergarten where the children enjoy playing hide-and-seek?"

FM:"I'm sorry, but I really cannot tell you about her current hiding place... oops, her current whereabouts, I mean."

Reporter: "Are you indirectly implying she might be in Dubai?"

FM: "If I told you, I'd contradict my earlier statement that I'm not at liberty of telling you, wouldn't I?"

Reporter [shaking his head and walking away]: "My, my, what an utter circus!"

Sounds like Dubai to me .......

post-199161-0-57804900-1392979436.jpg

• Like 1

Silly silly Surapong.

Yet again showing their hand to the public about what they want concerning the elections. The constitutional court and the EC will end up going against the dates just for the hell of it and because they don't like this caretaker government.

The government should sit back and wait for the official decisions. It is nowt to do with them, they are just in a caretaker role, and should not have the power to dictate anything of the EC.

They seem to think they have powers that they in fact do not have.

What EC hates the government?

Surely EC is impartial smile.png neutral biggrin.png totally objective tongue.png and professional cheesy.gif elections body trying really hard to run elections!

I'm sure they'll carefully consider all those people going to vote, sick.gif who will need to make multiple trips and instead do the efficient thing of having the elections at the same time.

Totally sure. cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Next time I need a bank loan I'll remember to stage a press conference first and make my demands, rather than going hat in hand and respectfully asking for what I want directly to the Bank. It's the Thai way it seems. Must work, they keep doing it.

Yes he looks very 'un-Thai'

Maybe Chinese or Cambodian?

Looks a little bit like this guy...

li-khmer-rouge-trial-rtr2uu.jpg

Silly silly Surapong.

Yet again showing their hand to the public about what they want concerning the elections. The constitutional court and the EC will end up going against the dates just for the hell of it and because they don't like this caretaker government.

The government should sit back and wait for the official decisions. It is nowt to do with them, they are just in a caretaker role, and should not have the power to dictate anything of the EC.

Surely EC is impartial smile.png neutral biggrin.png totally objective tongue.png and professional cheesy.gif elections body trying really hard to run elections!

I'm sure they'll carefully consider all those people going to vote, sick.gif who will need to make multiple trips and instead do the efficient thing of having the elections at the same time.

So long as the EC operate within the LAW they can do what they like...

Silly silly Surapong.

So long as the EC operate within the LAW they can do what they like...

I'd agree with you, but EC are already way outside their legal bound. e.g. When the EC threatened to resign if they weren't allowed to mediate between Suthep and the elected government. Since their duty is to hold elections, that alone was enough to take them across the line!

Somchai's remarks at the time:

EC member Somchai Srisutthiyakorn said:

'The elections will not take place unless both parties and other stakeholders hold talks and reach an agreement. The EC is ready to act as a go-between.'

'After the registration of constituency candidates ends on Jan 1, the EC will hold a meeting on Jan 2 and make a decision,'

'Some people may say we are crossing the line. In some cases we might overstep our authority. But if that can resolve the situation, we have to do it,'

'And if the public thinks that we have crossed the line, we will take responsibility.'

To even hold a meeting discussing whether elections go ahead is a breach of their duty under the constitution which requires they organize elections as a duty.

Robby nz .. amybe you ought to think about DIVESTING some of your Shin family shares pretty quick so you don't lose TOO much Moolah? hmmm?