Bangkok violence: Father grieving over his children's deaths chooses to forgive

webfact

To the person who ordered this attack: Stand before a mirror and take a good, hard look at yourself. Can you live with the image that you see? Do you have children? Do you want them to grow up and give you grandchildren? So tell me, murderer of innocent little kids, are you grieving today for them?

• Like 2

To the person who ordered this attack: Stand before a mirror and take a good, hard look at yourself. Can you live with the image that you see? Do you have children? Do you want them to grow up and give you grandchildren? So tell me, murderer of innocent little kids, are you grieving today for them?

I once saw a programme on TV where they interviewed a gang member & convicted killer. They asked him what he saw when he looked in the mirror. His reply was "nothing I don't see anything". Anyone who condones, orders or carries out atrocities like this are totally amoral & likely psycopathic.

I cannot even begin to imagine the grief & if it happened to any of my children I certainly would not even consider forgiveness until I knew the perpetrators would spend the rest of their living days in jail.

Edited by Valentine
  • Like 1

You are approaching this from a rational perspective, as someone who knows right from wrong.

The people who participated and responsible for the murders do not think like you. Typically, they have no sense of guilt, nor an ability to comprehend the evil they have done. It is unlikely they will show remorse or think about what they have done, until they are caught. Sometimes when they are motivated by hatred, they will concoct rationalizations that justify their behaviour. This allows them to avoid having to consider the results. . Psychologists have clinical terms for these people. My point is that you are wasting your time applying reason to people who are most likely mentally impaired. Terrorists are functional, but they do not think the same way you and other civilized people do.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The Bangkok Post has a similarly harrowing photo and story. The kids were not in the protest area. They had just finished eating at KFC, Big C with their aunt. They were in the tuk tuk about to leave when this happened. Terrible.

Tell Thaksin we said thanks for the bombs when you see him next time...

one of my colleague was saying "they shouldn't have gone shopping to protest site, its their fault"

i was so furious on this remark, it was not the kids fault

Same logic that blames women for being raped because they wear skimpy outfits.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

There are no words or actions that will make this right for this family. Even to try and comprehend how it is to lose a child for any parent borders on unbearable.

It is perhaps left to the reasonable people to make changes to protect children from the current conflict, even where they believe it is those who are in the wrong who need to change, expecting reasonable actions from unreasonable people is probably futile and it remains the responsibility of reasonable people to step up and take steps to protect children from the current conflicts.

In parallel to the enforcement of law and the finding and punishment of these attackers a self imposed introduction of a child curfew at rallies and a self imposed ban on rallies in areas where children may be present would be a step towards protecting children.

Even for those who believe the rallies are protecting children's futures there is still a need to protect them from this conflict right now.

"I can't cope with what has happened. My children were so pure and innocent. I really don't know how long it will take for this wound in my heart to heal,"

It will never heal... It will just hurt a bit less over time.

I wish I'd never read this post.

I have your same feelings.

I am overwhelmed by sadness, and can't stop thinking how this would have killed me inside, if it would have happened to me.

Out here is anarchy and violence, and we all should take example from this guy and have a fresh new start.

Avoid confrontations and try to save the country... But this is a lesson that all power monger will never learn, sadly.

im in bits reading this to actually have it happen to me i wouldnt cope ..this is just awful im so sorry...

• Like 1

So, So, Sad.., just been reading the article on ''Bangkok Post'' and viewed the pictures of the father... Heartwrenching..

He will have this pain in his heart forever,

Poor Kids, what should of been a nice day, ended in Tragedy...

When will this stop....

The Thai people dont deserve this....