Surapong's appeal for UN chief to mediate makes no sense

Lite Beer

And here we go... The yellows, just like expected, will try everything they can NOT to get the UN involved.

How they can call themselves democrats is one BIG mystery!

Maybe the UN isn´t the ´final´ answer, but why the hell not get them here to help? It surely won´t cause any (more) damage, in my opinion.

And to compare this situation with Cambodia or Uganda in regards to why the UN shouldn´t come here is just LAUGHABLE !!

More appropiate - The (yellow) Nation

I am unable to follow your logic. I think you need to read the article more carefully and then perhaps rewrite your comment so it's more clear and logical. Good luck.

Melyn, on 02 Mar 2014 - 12:44, said:Melyn, on 02 Mar 2014 - 12:44, said:

This could also implode on the green one and the square faced one

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You'd probably be taken a bit more seriously, well, at least by me, if you used proper names instead of childish insults when referring to the people you're commenting on.

(though I must admit on one occasion I have referred to suthep as the fat controller, not without reason, I feel)

Correct. His name is Takki Shinegra NOT square faced one.

http://newley.com/2009/11/25/thaksins-new-alias-takki-shinegra/

'... before (in his own words) Thailand becomes another Syria, Ukraine, Egypt or Rwanda ...' Rwanda? He really used Rwanda as an example of where Thailand could be heading? Someone needs to counsel Surapong that it helps a Foreign Minister immensely if he is able to demonstrate some knowledge of other countries' specific problems, and in relevant terms.

And here we go... The yellows, just like expected, will try everything they can NOT to get the UN involved.

Maybe the UN isn´t the ´final´ answer, but why the hell not get them here to help? It surely won´t cause any (more) damage, in my opinion.

And to compare this situation with Cambodia or Uganda in regards to why the UN shouldn´t come here is just LAUGHABLE !!

No one says the UN should not get involved, but they should not be used as a tool to feel putty for a rogue government.

You forgot to take your ear drops????

You are wrong the yellows are saying no UN involvement, open your eyes and read. The UN can be used as a independent facilitator and only some people think they (UN) are stupid enough not to know what is going on in Thailand. Only the brain dead and steeple can't see what is being done to the country. If Suthep get what he wants it will only be for a short while, because his supporters will soon know that they have been suckered. Then we will have more protest to get rid of him and the circle will just continue. Unfortunately he will be long enough in power to bring about the one reform/change to tradition, this protest have been about. This is about cutting out a weak link in the traditional elites chain of power, nothing to do about corruption and nothing to do about reforms. We can argue about who is right and who is wrong, but there is only one truth in politics, all politicians aim at obtaining as much power as they can or are allowed to obtain. Red or yellow both are the same just fighting each other for more power by using the people as pawns.

No one says the UN should not get involved, but they should not be used as a tool to feel putty for a rogue government.

You forgot to take your ear drops????

You are wrong the yellows are saying no UN involvement, open your eyes and read. The UN can be used as a independent facilitator and only some people think they (UN) are stupid enough not to know what is going on in Thailand. Only the brain dead and steeple can't see what is being done to the country. If Suthep get what he wants it will only be for a short while, because his supporters will soon know that they have been suckered. Then we will have more protest to get rid of him and the circle will just continue. Unfortunately he will be long enough in power to bring about the one reform/change to tradition, this protest have been about. This is about cutting out a weak link in the traditional elites chain of power, nothing to do about corruption and nothing to do about reforms. We can argue about who is right and who is wrong, but there is only one truth in politics, all politicians aim at obtaining as much power as they can or are allowed to obtain. Red or yellow both are the same just fighting each other for more power by using the people as pawns.

Suthep is no longer a politician, neither is he going to be involved in politics going forward. He simply wants to leave behind a worthy legacy through ousting Thaksin and his evil clan and sending the whole rotten lot of them into the wilderness to fester in their selfish misdemeanours.

If he can do this he will go down in folklore as being THE great liberator and saviour of Thailand!!!

I think that even he doesn't realise the extent or significance of what great things he is attempting to accomplish!!

UN is just what we need.

Today, I have seen Photograph of PDRC armed men arrest last night. One is the same man who was arrested 2 weeks ago for impersonating a police officer and was back then fully armed. - don't know how to put pics on but I have seen it on twitter.

We have system of court that allows armed criminals arrested by police, to go back, get more guns and threaten more people.

Need more justice for the majority for democracy to prevail.

UN yes please before too later

I can see why you side with the reds - your avatar indicates dictatorial tendencies and is blatantly sexist BTW.

You should be ashamed of yourself Jenny!!!!

I was just wondering if she was advertising her dominatrix services when i saw your post.

Edited by wolfmanjack

Newsflash - Newsflash - Newsflash

The UN wants to sent 10,000 'blue helmets' and up to 2000 men strong police force with a broad mandate mainly aimed at protecting citizens.

-- tongue-in-cheeky

EDIT: excuses and correction, that should read "sent to the Central African Republic"