Redshirt leader Kwanchai's wife runs for Udon Thani senator

webfact

I wonder if she will be voted in as a senator because of a proficiency in political thought and theory or some sort of legal expertise. Maybe she is representing a minority group that currently have no voice in the senate.

​Senators should not have any vendetta's against any particular group and should have a spotless reputation. This women's husband was shot at in a drive by shooting. She is married to a man that wanted to get 25 000 corruption cases nullified. She organized her husband fugitive to flee to Laos in April 2009. Her husband was in jail for 9 months for inciting unrest. This woman loves thaksin with a passion. Senators should have a spotless reputation. I doubt a spotless reputation includes harboring of a fugitive, who's family also loves another convicted criminal fugitive. Though when you admire that criminal convicted fugitive then the lines between what is right and wrong are very hazy.

Do you think she will be a check on the concentration of power at the hands of the PM. Do you think she will ensure policy is based on compromise and consensus?

No. She is a red shirt bum in seat that will allow any PTP policy through no matter if it is against the voice of the elector or not. She will not use her common sense or the sense of what is right or wrong to assist in judgement making. She will pass a bill to absolve 25 000 corrupt people without a second thought.

This is why we need an appointed senate lest judgements are made based on vendetta's and clouded criminal thought processes. Not made on the rule of law with majority rule allowing it.

Very clear you support dictatorship .

We are aware of your passionate love for Suthep, but for ones you should check his spotless reputation, you might wake up.

Canada has an appointed senate and they are not dictatorial.

So I adhere to a dictatorship after describing the above. So you feel it is OK for a narrow voter base too be manipulated to allow criminals, criminal's relatives and riff raft to be able to enter the senate to mould and vote on Thai policy.

So the same people in the parliament come up with an amnesty that the majority didn't want then it gets passed. It goes to the senate and gets passed by the friends of the people that passed it in parliament. AGAIN. against the voice of the majority. Then after it passes the senate it becomes law. Again, against the voice of the majority. That is the voice of thaksin speaking.

And you say I want a dictatorship. That is what I hope Thailand fights against. Unless of course you feel voting against the voice of a majority while only listening to the voice of thaksin is a democracy?

Edited by djjamie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I' m sorry I had to bite and surely this must be a troll to the power of 10 but

"She is considered a saint with well documented spiritual powers, a healer of the sick, a feeder of the poor and a liberator of the oppressed. She is capable of single handedly balancing many roses at the same time. She will make a fine senator and is exactly what Udon Thani needs.

Spare me!!

The vote will boil down to trust. She will get voted in because they trust her... and distrust the other candidates.

If they want to be competitive her opposition need to step up and field strong candidates backed with strong policies.

Instead they choose to make excuses and complain, boycott elections, refuse to take responsibility, and sit on their sorry pathetic a***es... and play the yellow whistling blame game.

I can only assume the lady fulfills all requirements to register candidacy for the Senate. BTW the list below applies to to be elected and to be selected senators.

"Section 115. A person having the qualifications and having no any of the prohibitions as mentioned below has the right to be a candidate in an election or selection of senators:

(1) being of Thai nationality by birth;

(2) being of not less than forty years of age on the election day or the date of nomination;

(3) having graduated with not lower than a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent;

(4) a candidate in an election of senators shall also possess any of the following qualifications:

(a) having his name appear on the house register in Changwat where he stands for election for a consecutive period of not less than five years up to the date of applying for candidacy;

( b ) being born in Changwat where he stands for election;

( c ) having studied in an education institution situated in Changwat where he stands for election for a consecutive period of not less than five academic years;

(d) having served in the official service or having had his name appear in the house register in Changwat where he stands for election for a consecutive period of not less than five years;

(5) not being ascendants, spouse or child of a member of the House of Representatives or a person holding a political position;

(6) not being a member or a person holding any position in a political party, or having been a member or having been holding a position in a political party and his membership has terminated or he vacates office in a political party for a period of not more than five years on the date of applying for candidacy or the date of nomination;

(7) being disfranchised under section 102 (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), (7), (8), (9), (11), (12), (13) or (14);

(8) not being a Minister or a person holding a political position other than a member of a local assembly or a local administrator or vacating office for a period of not more than five years."

http://www.asianlii.org/th/legis/const/2007/1.html

Edited by rubl

She would be a great candidate for the office, she has been very active and her political calling has been well received.

May luck and power be with her in her quest for political office!

Cheers

I just hope she doesn't get the same treatment as her husband did for speaking up against the PTP control of the Red Shirt movement.

She would be a great candidate for the office, she has been very active and her political calling has been well received.

Cheers

Wondered when Kikoman would turn up with a brown nosing troll post. Gimme strength

Maybe you should ask for 'smarts' instead of 'strength'. whistling.gif

Cheers

I confess ignorance and would really like to know more about her 'being very active', and on what she's been very active?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

'If they want to be competitive her opposition need to step up and field strong candidates backed with strong policies.

Instead they choose to make excuses and complain, boycott elections, refuse to take responsibility'

how the hell is any dem candidate who values his/her well being supposed to actively campaign in UT safely?

Most of the Senate are appointed by the Old Guard. Only a minority ar elected. The bachelors degree and age limit are just 2 other steps to try to limit democracy.

Wrong! 76 are elected, 74 are appointed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Whoops you are right, the 74 appointees are enough to prevent the elected government from being able to govern when allied to the Democrat minority.

And yes I also know that the senators are not supposed to be political.

Edited to remove center quoted responses.

The vote will boil down to trust. She will get voted in because they trust her... and distrust the other candidates.

If they want to be competitive her opposition need to step up and field strong candidates backed with strong policies.

Instead they choose to make excuses and complain, boycott elections, refuse to take responsibility, and sit on their sorry pathetic a***es... and play the yellow whistling blame game.

They must have a lot of trust in her to allow her to have the title deeds to the property bought with their donations. Although, as I understand it, that decision was made by her husband rather than the donors.

It was suggested as one of the reasons he was/would be shot.

• Like 1

Cheers

Wondered when Kikoman would turn up with a brown nosing troll post. Gimme strength

Couldn`t agree more,even with his 2000 odd posts he is obviously trolling.

Ms. Arphon is a former director of FM 97.50 radio station based in Udon Thani province. Her husband, Mr. Kwanchai, is a prominent member of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) and is widely revered by Redshirts in the province.

Would prefer it if she was a former nurse. We have enough media/political types already, and not enough people from frontline healthcare who want to see peace and unity if only for the reason that nurses have seen up-close what happens when peace and unity fails. And they worked helping and caring for people, which is what politicians are supposed to do too.

Re; married to etc. would prefer if she was formerly unknown, married to somebody who wants to remain out of the limelight etc. too. Celebrity nepotistic baton-races are so old and are also not very democratic.

We need new leaders who have worked in fields, factories, hospitals, roadwork, etc.etc. and who want to improve those infrastructures and the lives of everyone using them. Twenty or thirty years in such a real job, before becoming a politician, is what we need. I would say this for every nation on Earth too, but it seems to be especially relevant to this one. I continue to pray we will have an ex head-nurse as PM, in my lifetime, but I've more chance of winning the lottery or something.

I wonder if she will be voted in as a senator because of a proficiency in political thought and theory or some sort of legal expertise. Maybe she is representing a minority group that currently have no voice in the senate.

​Senators should not have any vendetta's against any particular group and should have a spotless reputation. This women's husband was shot at in a drive by shooting. She is married to a man that wanted to get 25 000 corruption cases nullified. She organized her husband fugitive to flee to Laos in April 2009. Her husband was in jail for 9 months for inciting unrest. This woman loves thaksin with a passion. Senators should have a spotless reputation. I doubt a spotless reputation includes harboring of a fugitive, who's family also loves another convicted criminal fugitive. Though when you admire that criminal convicted fugitive then the lines between what is right and wrong are very hazy.

Do you think she will be a check on the concentration of power at the hands of the PM. Do you think she will ensure policy is based on compromise and consensus?

No. She is a red shirt bum in seat that will allow any PTP policy through no matter if it is against the voice of the elector or not. She will not use her common sense or the sense of what is right or wrong to assist in judgement making. She will pass a bill to absolve 25 000 corrupt people without a second thought.

This is why we need an appointed senate lest judgements are made based on vendetta's and clouded criminal thought processes. Not made on the rule of law with majority rule allowing it.

I would imagine she has absolutely zero qualifications to hold any position in any form of agency...apart from the red brigade and their warped sense of ideologies.

I don't know how many Senators from the area are required in the Senate....but you can be assured that she will be pushed hard.

Nothing but the wife of a despicable criminal.

I didn't know she was married to Suthep.

"Ms. Arphon Sarakham is a well respected pillar of the community. She has chaired numerous charitable organizations and improved the lives of every single constituent in her province. She is considered a saint with well documented spiritual powers, a healer of the sick, a feeder of the poor and a liberator of the oppressed. She is capable of single handedly balancing many roses at the same time. She will make a fine senator and is exactly what Udon Thani needs.

I find it odd that there are on this forum so many middle aged, beer bellied posters who just denigrate a strong and secure Thai woman from the anonymity of their keyboards."

Please, you all, just forget what I wrote above...I woke up still in a nightmare of having become the geriatrickid...

I think some hate all Thai people who aren't linked to Suthep and Co. I don't think this lady has done anything wrong to attract such vile hatred been shown towards her.

"Ms. Arphon Sarakham is a well respected pillar of the community. She has chaired numerous charitable organizations and improved the lives of every single constituent in her province. She is considered a saint with well documented spiritual powers, a healer of the sick, a feeder of the poor and a liberator of the oppressed. She is capable of single handedly balancing many roses at the same time. She will make a fine senator and is exactly what Udon Thani needs.

I find it odd that there are on this forum so many middle aged, beer bellied posters who just denigrate a strong and secure Thai woman from the anonymity of their keyboards."

Please, you all, just forget what I wrote above...I woke up still in a nightmare of having become the geriatrickid...

I think some hate all Thai people who aren't linked to Suthep and Co. I don't think this lady has done anything wrong to attract such vile hatred been shown towards her.

Im pretty sure this is the woman who was arrested with stolen jewlery from central world in 2010? not 100% but that can easily be verified...gonna check!

Edited by Evolare

Udonthani used to be non political,and I spent many happy years there,sadly I wouldn't recommend it any more,it wouldn't be a wise move living in a designated Red Shirt City!

You will find that the trend in the world is towards more freedom from Eilite oppression which is what we are seeing in thailand now.

Concentration of blinkered people is now restricted to Lumpini... maybe you should move there.

Maybe you should more to that not corrupt Island of Phuket or anywhere in the south. Hope you enjoy it.

I would imagine she has absolutely zero qualifications to hold any position in any form of agency...apart from the red brigade and their warped sense of ideologies.

I don't know how many Senators from the area are required in the Senate....but you can be assured that she will be pushed hard.

Nothing but the wife of a despicable criminal.

Spot on.

The qualifications for the membership of the Senate can be found in section 115, Part 3, Chapter 6 of the 2007 Constitution. A candidate intent on being a member of the Senate must be a natural born citizen of Thailand as well as being 40 years or older on the year of election or selection. The candidate must have graduated with at least a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent.

Haha. Its even easier to get into the Thai senate than to buy a British football club.

If ever there was an advert for why the upper house should NOT be elected this is it. All sides of the table are so ridiculous. On one hand you have the appointees who are so hawkish they make Glenn Beck look liberal and on the other side they have the wife of not just ordinary Thaksin supporters, but blokes like this.

• Like 1

Udonthani used to be non political,and I spent many happy years there,sadly I wouldn't recommend it any more,it wouldn't be a wise move living in a designated Red Shirt City!

You will find that the trend in the world is towards more freedom from Eilite oppression which is what we are seeing in thailand now.

Concentration of blinkered people is now restricted to Lumpini... maybe you should move there.

Maybe you should more to that not corrupt Island of Phuket or anywhere in the south. Hope you enjoy it.

Strange it hasn't taken long for the oppressed to become the oppressers,if you believe the Red shirts are the peoples saviours,then feel free to join them!

"You will find that the trend in the world is towards more freedom from Eilite oppression"

I think you'll find it's the opposite as "well educated" people are protesting, rebelling and overturning democratic govts which have been elected by the rural provincial electorate IE:

Eygpt

Ukraine

Possibly Turkey

Tunisia

a few years ago in Russia and Iran

and give me a break with the inflamatory "elitist Oppression

Jeezzz

• Like 1

Cheers

I presume your definition of a troll is a person who holds a different opinion to you.

Im pretty sure this is the woman who was arrested with stolen jewlery from central world in 2010? not 100% but that can easily be verified...gonna check!

Find anything?