PM Yingluck flies to Isaan

webfact

really, so if it was an auusie pm or english pm visiting their drought or flooded areas, would you say the same. The majority of people who comment here are so full of it, they sit and judge without comparing to their own countries, if you dont like the way things are done in Thailand....LEAVE

And the money wasting trips continue...

If you condone the way this government has stolen all the money from the farmers and treated them with the utmost contempt, maybe its time for you to leave to go see how a civilised country operates. The PM visit has nothing to do with inspecting the drought, its about not facing up to her responsibilities.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really, so if it was an auusie pm or english pm visiting their drought or flooded areas, would you say the same. The majority of people who comment here are so full of it, they sit and judge without comparing to their own countries, if you dont like the way things are done in Thailand....LEAVE

If you condone the way this government has stolen all the money from the farmers and treated them with the utmost contempt, maybe its time for you to leave to go see how a civilised country operates. The PM visit has nothing to do with inspecting the drought, its about not facing up to her responsibilities.

Its more like a 'filibuster' to buy time and delay. She did it before, and now she is...

At the same time, why don't Abhisit and Suthep visit Northern Thailand and rally the support of people from that region to give more credence to their claim that they are the true VOICE of the people? Or is that just a lot of hot air from Mr. Suthep and Mr. Abhisit?

Why she not begin for a change her inspection tour in the south?

Let say in Narathiwat, Pattani and Satun?

Politics everywhere is a lot of hot air.........it's all about re election!.........quality of life of the people?..........What people??? The tax paying public.

Well, in the case of Messrs Abhisit and Suthep it's not about re-election, elections don't really figure in their expectations of coming to power!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Negativity upon negativity heaped on the Prime Minister......But with such a huge disconnect....All those repetitive insinuations against her, are totally at odds with the electoral majority.....They will re-elect her in a heart-beat, with an increased majority.......So is that electoral majority all screwed up, and these minority views are correct?

To denigrate a majority electorate usually goes hand-in-hand with denial of Electoral democracy as the best, although imperfect manner, to select who governs a country.

These disparaging comments are made by those, who would also self-servingly support a nullification of the current election, completing it and tabulating it.

That said, I think that in spite of all the political noise seeking to denigrate political space in Thailand by those who are served by such vilification, The country is blessed by having an electoral majority....Can you imagine if politically the country was split 50-50......One would have another Ukraine with its' 50-50 split both Linguistically and culturally.....The battles following an inconclusive electoral 50-50 split would make the current noise pale in comparison.

The country didn't have an electoral majority before (popular vote) and I think it's very far from that now. It's entirely possible that if there was a new election now, with new candidates, that the Democrats might even get a popular majority. Who knows?

Well, just over a month ago we had the opportunity to find out. Remind me again, who exactly put the boot into that process?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

How about she spends some time looking into that "huge pile of papers" instead of photo-op trips to the north? This is just a disgraceful farce, evading responsibility for anything!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

it seems to be a political perk of office here to evade everything

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

she traveled aboard an Army plane from Don Muang’s Army air transport airfield

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Great fun watching all the guys that were willing a military coup stew as the army act as Yinglucks taxi rather than overthrow her.

ps its been over an hour since we had a "call from Dubai" joke so can someone fill the void?

• Like 1

You guys are unbelievable!

Most of you are living the dream here in Thailand, but not one of you has anything positive to say about the country. So sad!!!

Ah!

Now I know where my rose-tinted glasses have gone.

Living the dream - what the heck does that mean. I spent nearly 40 years building up the resources to choose where I spent my remaining years.

It would be nice if they could actually manage to govern the country that I chose to live in.

This is normal for our P.M.

"She declined to give an interview prior to departure"

She wants a postponement re rice, with the NACC---reason citing a huge pile of documents to look into.---So they have found some paperwork re the scheme ???

In other words PLAY for time . Keep the wheels churning maybe we can come up with something.

She also asked for a delay in the request to her cousin for his reason for the illegal issue of a passport to Thaksin. He probably hasn't replied and if it runs in the family, she won't be replying either. Instead of wasting the taxpayers money flying all over the place to inspect things like fruit and vegetables and other things that she will do nothing about, she should stay home and read the documents provided. i suppose she has to wait for a reply from Dubai.

Obviously none of the four Jets she ordered have arrived yet hence the use of an Army aircraft.

A visit to the region would require thousands of security personnel to be deployed and put at risk the personnel and the civilian population.

More importantly, there really isn't much to inspect in the region. As you well know, no one from the central government is particularly welcome in the region, so why go and provoke the people?

What an utterly stupid statement. If it is'nt obvious to you, why bother to post and make such a fool of yourself ?

Proving the point that Bangkok is not thailand.

If the BKK educateds want to let a mob of 200 protected by 2,000 PDRC guards and the Army rule the roost in BKK... let them.

Meanwhile Isaan is at least one third of the country and many times the population of Bangkok.. allowing for half the population of bangkok (the working part) hailing from Isaan.

Meanwhile, even the Judicial coup can't get any traction and Sutheps fan club in the media are resorting to crap like this.

• Like 1

She used MilAir..no money wasted, all within their budget no doubt wink.png

"MilAir" <deleted>???

Is that the new corrupt careless care-taking Government personal airline?? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

She goes to issan and the other goes to Singapore , what's up now or what will we see in the next few days?

The man from Dubai must be conjuring up something I am sure we will hear about it soon and with the reds wanting a separate issan making me wounded .

Defiantly more questions than answers

A visit to the region would require thousands of security personnel to be deployed and put at risk the personnel and the civilian population.

More importantly, there really isn't much to inspect in the region. As you well know, no one from the central government is particularly welcome in the region, so why go and provoke the people?

Your fist sentence is touching the truth. BUT isn't a pity when there are no go areas for government in their own country. The point of the C/P.M. visit is to visit drought areas, BUT there are more areas that could do with her visit that never enters her head.

GK said there is nothing much to inspect in the south. You do not have to visit to inspect, you visit to show how much you care. Issan and Chiang Mai are not the only areas.

YL flies to Isaan. Whoopee. Christ you lot can get in a rage and a right good Tizzy about just about anything. Do any of you frothing at the mouth Yellows actually have a normal life?

Every year before April is a drought area, so nothing special about it. Same as later in the year when it rains it floods every year. Too much work to do in BKK with the court on the prowl, rather than fly to my area.

Where do you get these figures about the cost from ? or just more bovine scatology?

I doubt it would have cost anything , or indeed very little and would be already in the Army's budget..

If you want to talk about the farmers getting their money, where did the money Suthep allegedly collected on their behalf go ?
There was never a fanfare and presentation of a cheque to the farmers leader was there?

• Like 2

This is normal for our P.M.

"She declined to give an interview prior to departure"

She wants a postponement re rice, with the NACC---reason citing a huge pile of documents to look into.---So they have found some paperwork re the scheme ???

In other words PLAY for time . Keep the wheels churning maybe we can come up with something.

She also asked for a delay in the request to her cousin for his reason for the illegal issue of a passport to Thaksin. He probably hasn't replied and if it runs in the family, she won't be replying either. Instead of wasting the taxpayers money flying all over the place to inspect things like fruit and vegetables and other things that she will do nothing about, she should stay home and read the documents provided. i suppose she has to wait for a reply from Dubai.

Obviously none of the four Jets she ordered have arrived yet hence the use of an Army aircraft.

She asked for several delays in replying to the Ombudsman's questions on the illegal issuing of a new passport to her criminal fugitive brother by their cousin the FM who opened his ministry specially during the floods to do just that. They've got their priorities right thumbsup.gif

She moved people about claiming the latest incumbent needed time to study all the information before an answer could be given. Seems to have died a death.

She will do the same to the NACC if she can. Simply ignore and waffle and hope it all goes away in the fullness of time.

The gamble at the minute is that they can keep a hold on power now the 30 days as gone by - no one seems to really know what the rules are. As long as the can hold on then they'll keep stalling on this. If they can get an election completed and somehow manage to get back into full government then this investigation will simply be buried and forgotten.

What's happened to all those unpaid farmers? No payment despite Yingluck's "vow". But no protests or outrage?

Where do you get these figures about the cost from ? or just more bovine scatology?

I doubt it would have cost anything , or indeed very little and would be already in the Army's budget..

If you want to talk about the farmers getting their money, where did the money Suthep allegedly collected on their behalf go ?

There was never a fanfare and presentation of a cheque to the farmers leader was there?

Air force budget if she flew, Government to pay the farmers. hopefully.

• Like 1