Satish appeals to HM the King over Thai govt order to deport him

webfact

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Royal pardons are only granted to those who admit guilt of the crime. So he has to change his tune about not doing anything wrong before he can go down the RP route.

There was a huge petition for a Royal Pardon for Dr. Thaksin. When did Dr. Thaksin ever admit guilt? Did you post this same comment when Dr. Thaksin was trying to get a Royal Pardon? Yeah, thought not.

And Thaksin didn't get a royal pardon because he didn't admit guilt, so why should this Satish guy get a pardon?

You state that like it's an accepted fact, but unless you have inside information, unavailable to the rest of us, you don't have a clue why Dr. Thaksin's pardon wasn't acted on. Why do you make stuff up? If you believe what you write, you are delusional; f you don't believe what you write, you are a propagandist. Simple as that.

BTW, I never said Mr. Satish should get a pardon. I said he deserves a hearing, before a judge and with legal representation, before deportation. I don't care if he is deported or not, I do care that Chalerm is throwing his weight around to abuse a long-term, (65 years) respectable/respected resident.

• Like 2

I thought it was illegal to speàk about HM in political context?

But this Satish guy appeals to HM to help him in what he calls a politically motivated deportation order?

Isn't that technically illegal, then?

No.

Royal pardons are only granted to those who admit guilt of the crime. So he has to change his tune about not doing anything wrong before he can go down the RP route.

There was a huge petition for a Royal Pardon for Dr. Thaksin. When did Dr. Thaksin ever admit guilt? Did you post this same comment when Dr. Thaksin was trying to get a Royal Pardon? Yeah, thought not.
And Thaksin didn't get a royal pardon because he didn't admit guilt, so why should this Satish guy get a pardon?

That isn't the reason why Thaksin didn't get a pardon.

I thought it was illegal to speàk about HM in political context?

But this Satish guy appeals to HM to help him in what he calls a politically motivated deportation order?

Isn't that technically illegal, then?

It isn't so much a question of legality anyway, it is a question of it being in Exceedingly Bad Form. The highly illustrious person, may he enjoy great health always, is above and beyond trivial partisan squabbles. He has the same kindness and caring for all Thai people. He does not take sides in his truly praise-worthy and benevolent love for the nation and its citizens. To attempt to make him take sides in political demonstration fallout and factional propaganda related incidents, is both arrogant and disrespectful to this most highly dignified person.

Yeah, hanging is appropriate for his atrocity of protesting corruption by the government. \sarc

So, your beautiful Thai government should behave the same as the other most repressive governments in the World, is that what you mean? You are letting your hatred of those against you beloved Thaksin get in the way of your humanity.

Huh? No of course it isn't appropriate, but it shows, that if the price is deportation, he might be considered to have got off lightly.

Maybe he would prefer 6 months in jail. I mean sending an SMS versus campaigning to over throw a government... Hmmmm

Mr. Satish might actually prefer a hearing in front of a judge and with legal representation. If the government has a case, he should be deported. Of course Thailand's justice system fares well when compared to N. Korea; what a silly argument. Illegal aliens, caught red-handed crossing the border, in the U.S. all get a hearing. Why don't you compare Thailand's methods of 'justice' to a developed country? BTW Mr. Satish is not an illegal alien sneaking into Thailand. Thailand is the only home he has known, having been brought here at age five. Having grown up here, he, mistakenly, believed he was part of the community. The Thais sure straightened him out about that. I know your love for 'Dear Leader' Thaksin has clouded your judgment, but really, to single this man out as an enemy of the government is petty and vindictive; a Chalerm trademark.
Like I quoted, it appears that it is done by committee. Remember when thaksins visa just got cancelled in the uk?

The home secratery just cancelled it. No word why. Cancelled. Tesco cashed in some big chips that day. I don't get this singled out business. If I as a white guy had gone there they would deport me too. Falangs aren't welcome at protests . is it hard to understand?

If he's guilty of an offense, I don't have any problem with his deportation or banning him for life. I have a problem with political pressure on the committee that originally found there was not enough reason to deport him and three days later did a 180 degree shift. No appeals allowed. If Dr. Thaksin were in the U.K. at the time, he almost certainly would have been afforded an appeal. Obviously, he has appealed the cancellation of his passport as he is now allowed to visit the U.K.. This government has difficulty with processes. Look at the Flood Scheme. They didn't bother with the process of Environmental Impact Studies, Human Impact Studies, Town Hall meetings, writing clearly defined goals and goalposts for the projects to be bid on and the courts had to stop them. Thaksin supporters claim political motives are behind his legal troubles but can't see political motives on the government side. I don't know Mr. Satish and never heard of him before this bru ha ha, but I can see he is being made a scapegoat and an example of. Fair and impartial application of laws precludes making 'examples' of people.

What do you know about an pressure on the committee.

Maybe they Supported 10000,kafirs or 50000 mints.

Until you have lived and seen a truly racial society you have no idea.

A lawyer called yesterday on a court to issue an arrest warrant for Chalerm Yoobamrung, in his capacity as chief of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO), for going ahead with the deportation of Indian businessman Satish Sehgal. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709339-lawyer-calls-for-chalerm-to-be-arrested/?p=7535300

The court has accepted Wanthongchai's petition and will hold a hearing on March 25

Yeah, hanging is appropriate for his atrocity of protesting corruption by the government. \sarc

So, your beautiful Thai government should behave the same as the other most repressive governments in the World, is that what you mean? You are letting your hatred of those against you beloved Thaksin get in the way of your humanity.

Huh? No of course it isn't appropriate, but it shows, that if the price is deportation, he might be considered to have got off lightly.

Maybe he would prefer 6 months in jail. I mean sending an SMS versus campaigning to over throw a government... Hmmmm

Mr. Satish might actually prefer a hearing in front of a judge and with legal representation. If the government has a case, he should be deported. Of course Thailand's justice system fares well when compared to N. Korea; what a silly argument. Illegal aliens, caught red-handed crossing the border, in the U.S. all get a hearing. Why don't you compare Thailand's methods of 'justice' to a developed country? BTW Mr. Satish is not an illegal alien sneaking into Thailand. Thailand is the only home he has known, having been brought here at age five. Having grown up here, he, mistakenly, believed he was part of the community. The Thais sure straightened him out about that. I know your love for 'Dear Leader' Thaksin has clouded your judgment, but really, to single this man out as an enemy of the government is petty and vindictive; a Chalerm trademark.
Like I quoted, it appears that it is done by committee. Remember when thaksins visa just got cancelled in the uk?

The home secratery just cancelled it. No word why. Cancelled. Tesco cashed in some big chips that day. I don't get this singled out business. If I as a white guy had gone there they would deport me too. Falangs aren't welcome at protests . is it hard to understand?

If he's guilty of an offense, I don't have any problem with his deportation or banning him for life. I have a problem with political pressure on the committee that originally found there was not enough reason to deport him and three days later did a 180 degree shift. No appeals allowed. If Dr. Thaksin were in the U.K. at the time, he almost certainly would have been afforded an appeal. Obviously, he has appealed the cancellation of his passport as he is now allowed to visit the U.K.. This government has difficulty with processes. Look at the Flood Scheme. They didn't bother with the process of Environmental Impact Studies, Human Impact Studies, Town Hall meetings, writing clearly defined goals and goalposts for the projects to be bid on and the courts had to stop them. Thaksin supporters claim political motives are behind his legal troubles but can't see political motives on the government side. I don't know Mr. Satish and never heard of him before this bru ha ha, but I can see he is being made a scapegoat and an example of. Fair and impartial application of laws precludes making 'examples' of people.

First off, you don't know jack shit about my background. I'll let you in on what may surprise you. I grew up in the Segregated South under Jim Crow laws. I know lots about racism in the U.S, and the racism in Thailand against Indians and Pakistanis. When a deliberative body comes to a decision, one expects they have exhausted all avenues of inquiry and made a sound, reasoned, and informed decision. Three days later and they completely reverse themselves tells me this was not the committee's idea so, therefore, outside intervention (pressure) by the only party interested in removing Mr. Satish from Thailand. That would be Chalerm and the other Thaksin Lackeys.

A permanent resident is not a citizen. He have no right to get involve in the country affair whether he like it or not.

If he has no right to get involved then really it is a bit rich to be taking his tax money.

Really? Are you aware that the expats who are legally working in Thailand are being dinged for income tax?

Did you know if I get a transfer to Geneva and I work there for a few years, I will have been paying taxes on my income to support those horrible Swiss and their addiction to Ricolah cough drops?

Did you know that if you own commercial real estate in the USA, or Canada, or Australia or Taiwan or China etc. you will have to pay tax on the income earned from the property? Satish owns some interesting property.

He may not have the right to meddle in Thai political affairs, but he certainly benefits from the infrastructure of Bangkok and Thailand. His small tax payments, assuming he has even paid income tax, help for that infrastructure and other public services.

• Like 2

I think the deportation is politically-motivated, but it does not look good for Sehgal.

If I were to intervene, I would do something to stop the conflict (the big picture), rather than a trivial matter (1 single person's plight).

If I had the power to do 1 thing, it's easy to decide which of these problems I would solve:

Stop killings/disruption to democratic process/help millions of farmers/stem billions lost national income ...... versus .... helping an immigrant?

Sehgal is delusional and full of indignant self-entitlement ... millions of Thai farmers do not even dare to petition the Highest Institution in their time of need, and yet this non-Thai multi-millionaire thinks he's more deserving of the attention of the Institution than the penniless Thai farmers.

• Like 2

A permanent resident is not a citizen. He have no right to get involve in the country affair whether he like it or not.

If he has no right to get involved then really it is a bit rich to be taking his tax money.

Really? Are you aware that the expats who are legally working in Thailand are being dinged for income tax?

Did you know if I get a transfer to Geneva and I work there for a few years, I will have been paying taxes on my income to support those horrible Swiss and their addiction to Ricolah cough drops?

Did you know that if you own commercial real estate in the USA, or Canada, or Australia or Taiwan or China etc. you will have to pay tax on the income earned from the property? Satish owns some interesting property.

He may not have the right to meddle in Thai political affairs, but he certainly benefits from the infrastructure of Bangkok and Thailand. His small tax payments, assuming he has even paid income tax, help for that infrastructure and other public services.

Everybody pays VAT. Etc, etc., etc. Paying tax does not buy one citizenship. Paying more tax than the next guy doesn't either. TWT should disabuse himself of that notion. He can howl at the moon all he wants about it; it's just not the way things work. Not in Thailand. Not anywhere else either. One more time. This is just NOT about "rights". As a foreigner, the minute this guy joined in the demonstrating, he stuck his neck out. No defense really. No point losing sleep over him asking for whatever he wants (as long as he remains respectful about it).

Total publicity stunt that will go no where.

The correct procedure would be seek an injunction against the deportation order via the Administrative Court and if that failed to then seek clemency.

Dragging the royal house into the fray as the initial response to the deportation order is wrong and will have no effect and bring no result.

For someone who has been living and doing business and knows so much about Thailand, this Indian really has no idea of how the system works at all.

• Like 1

In other countries, people get hung for this....

Thaksin wasn't a permanent resident of the UK, therefore a single immigration officer can cancel a visa, therefore not the same thing

The Indian guy is not on a visa he is / was a PR, in fact he has more right to be here than the vast majority of TV finest white middle aged bigots running around waving their 1year extensions and gloating over what has happened to this guy

• Like 2

Thaksin wasn't a permanent resident of the UK, therefore a single immigration officer can cancel a visa, therefore not the same thing

The Indian guy is not on a visa he is / was a PR, in fact he has more right to be here than the vast majority of TV finest white middle aged bigots running around waving their 1year extensions and gloating over what has happened to this guy

I agree but I do wonder why after so many years of living in the Kingdom he has not become a Thai citizen? Is there something to do with his Indian passport or culture?

Soutpeel.

Er, I'm not aware of any of 'TV finest white middle aged bigots' having deportation orders over them. He does. I'd say he now has less rights than the bigots you mention. All down to his own actions.

Edited by delh

I agree but I do wonder why after so many years of living in the Kingdom he has not become a Thai citizen? Is there something to do with his Indian passport or culture?

Everyone has there own reasons I guess, but not unique, I moved to a another country when I was young as my parents both became permanent residents of that country, both my brother and myself were nationalised at age 16 and became dual citizens, but my parents nearly 40 odd years later still haven't taken up citizenship in that country and remain PR even though they are entitled to citizenship

So what this guy has done is hardly unique

Do your parents have to endure the 90 day reports as well as the annual visa extensions'

Everyone has there own reasons I guess, but not unique, I moved to a another country when I was young as my parents both became permanent residents of that country, both my brother and myself were nationalised at age 16 and became dual citizens, but my parents nearly 40 odd years later still haven't taken up citizenship in that country and remain PR even though they are entitled to citizenship

More right to be here you say?

Not any more he doesn't.

Some of you guys really have an obsession with this "rights" thing while visiting abroad, don't you? You see a "Passengers Bill of Rights" from the airline, and a taxpayer BOR from your revenue service at home, and a patients BOR from the health care bureaucrats, and a customer BOR from whoever, and you think there just naturally MUST be one for foreigners in Thailand. I'd love to see it. The funny thing about "rights" these days is how quickly they seem to evolve into "entitlements", which I can guarantee the Thai government has NO interest in at the moment. Lol. Nope - definitely not interested. Listening to these rights rants is like seeing Wile E Coyote getting his bell rung again (and again........and again..........).

• Like 1

I am highlighting the process, not taking sides.

Satish is telling those who will listen that he has done no wrong. In order to receive a Royal Pardon he has to admit guilt first. That is the way it works in Thailand.

Don't know why you refer to Dr. Thaksin but how did his Royal Pardon work out?

Satish is telling those who will listen that he has done no wrong. In order to receive a Royal Pardon he has to admit guilt first. That is the way it works in Thailand.

Don't know why you refer to Dr. Thaksin but how did his Royal Pardon work out?

For a pardon haven't you got to be convicted of something first ?

The Indian guy hasn't been legally convicted of anything

In case of Thaksin of Arabia he has been convicted of a crime all that stands in his way to being able to apply for a pardon is admitting he did something wrong, which he will never do

Edited by Soutpeel

Do your parents have to endure the 90 day reports as well as the annual visa extensions'

No and if someone is on PR even in thailand your not on visa, and as far as I am aware a Thai PR doesn't do an annual renewal either

you obviously don't know the difference between a PR and a" tourist" on a non immigrant visa/extension this is not permanent residence

More right to be here you say?

Not any more he doesn't.

Some of you guys really have an obsession with this "rights" thing while visiting abroad, don't you? You see a "Passengers Bill of Rights" from the airline, and a taxpayer BOR from your revenue service at home, and a patients BOR from the health care bureaucrats, and a customer BOR from whoever, and you think there just naturally MUST be one for foreigners in Thailand. I'd love to see it. The funny thing about "rights" these days is how quickly they seem to evolve into "entitlements", which I can guarantee the Thai government has NO interest in at the moment. Lol. Nope - definitely not interested. Listening to these rights rants is like seeing Wile E Coyote getting his bell rung again (and again........and again..........).

What exactly are you babbling on about

Edited by Soutpeel

Total publicity stunt that will go nowhere.

The correct procedure would be seek an injunction against the deportation order via the Administrative Court

Regarding the first, that remains to be seen.

Regarding the second, Satish's lawyers have appealed to court.

I've looked, but could not find that anywhere.

Would love to see that in print with a source and link, please.

Thank you.

First off, you don't know jack shit about my background. I'll let you in on what may surprise you. I grew up in the Segregated South under Jim Crow laws. I know lots about racism in the U.S, and the racism in Thailand against Indians and Pakistanis. When a deliberative body comes to a decision, one expects they have exhausted all avenues of inquiry and made a sound, reasoned, and informed decision. Three days later and they completely reverse themselves tells me this was not the committee's idea so, therefore, outside intervention (pressure) by the only party interested in removing Mr. Satish from Thailand. That would be Chalerm and the other Thaksin Lackeys.

The fact that they are lakeys is probably true. Thailand is riven with underlings

The correct procedure would be seek an injunction against the deportation order via the Administrative Court

I have repeated before : a foreigner in Thailand does not enjoy the same political rights a the Thai nationals but a foreigner has human rights.

This true in every country...but of course there is more tolerance in some countries than in other countries.

To appear on a stage as a supporter of one faction in very big Thai political struggle is NOT a human right...

I am sure that an Administrative Court will not consider an injunction against deportation...because it would imply that Mr Satish has political rights.

I have repeated before : a foreigner in Thailand does not enjoy the same political rights a the Thai nationals but a foreigner has human rights.

This true in every country...but of course there is more tolerance in some countries than in other countries.

To appear on a stage as a supporter of one faction in very big Thai political struggle is NOT a human right...

I am sure that an Administrative Court will not consider an injunction against deportation...because it would imply that Mr Satish has political rights.

Neither making an appeal to His Majesty the King nor filing an appeal with a court are contingent upon being a Thai citizen.

Could this be construed as disrepectful, attempting involve the royal family in this political mess?.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A foreigner simply making a plea to stop his deportation? The answer may well be no, but how is merely respectfully requesting disrespectful? I'm sure he's been advised with respect to the detail do's and don'ts. To us it may seem like "politics", but that's because we choose to make it so; to him it's unarguably a personal matter. IF the manner in which he composes, submits, and publicly discusses the request can be construed as an attempt to shame a favorable response, I can see where THAT might border on the inappropriate (in which case, I'm sure it wouldn't/won't get very far at all, he'll have made his situation worse, and the deportation will proceed posthaste, he possibly never to return to Thailand...). I expect he's probably crossed his T's and dotted his I's to the best of any Thai lawyer's ability...

Could this be construed as disrepectful, attempting involve the royal family in this political mess?.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So you are suggesting this deportation is politically motivated them ?

• Like 2