Road Tax

jimbeam1

Hi All,

I have searched the forum for this topic but only came up with old posts.

We noticed the other day that the road tax on our two door 2ltr pick up should have been renewed 14th Feb 2014. Will I be charged a late payment fee.If so would I get away with telling them that it has not been used on the road since it ran out. Which isn't altogether a lie, well not a big one.

The vehicle is now over 7years old. Where would I get an Inspection certificate from?

What is the current fee for 2dr 2 ltr 7yrs +

Thanks for any help.

jb1

They will charge for late, its so small the amount it is not worth arguing over.

You can get a certificate as well as the renewal and road tax done at any testing center, the fee they charge for doing the lot is usually less than the fuel to then go to the motor transport department, also means its all done at the one time without waiting in long queues

Just look for the sign for any testing center

Car_Inspection_Service2-crop.jpg

• Like 1

They will charge for late, its so small the amount it is not worth arguing over.

You can get a certificate as well as the renewal and road tax done at any testing center, the fee they charge for doing the lot is usually less than the fuel to then go to the motor transport department, also means its all done at the one time without waiting in long queues

Just look for the sign for any testing center

Car_Inspection_Service2-crop.jpg

Hi baz,

Thanks for the reply.

I have been doing some research myself since op. From what I read I think it would be safe to say that maybe 20% of vehicles on Bangkok's roads do not have tax as they would never pass the test?

Having said that I prefer to be road legal myself. I don't want any repercussions.

Doing my research I did come up with the inspection station logo. When I did a search to find where to any in Bangkok I came up with zero. Can you help with this. I would like to know where I am going rather than just driving around looking.

Cheers

jb1