Court seeks opinion of NACC in red-shirt crackdown cases against Abhisit

webfact

"The Criminal Court on Monday asked the National Anti-Corruption Commission to submit its opinion in its probes against former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva related to 2010 crackdowns on red shirts"

CC asked Anti-Corruption Commission its opinion? And for what???

It's like CC asked Tax Department an opinion toward a case of rape...

Will the incompetence and the huge corruption toward both sides ever end?

Good question. why is the Criminal Court asking the NACC.

Well, that may be related to the DSI pushing the OAG to charge Abhisit/Suthep as private citizens rather than as PM/DPM. The duo was in function and operating from those functions. It would therefor by the correct way to first request the NACC to investigate and let the NACC forward the case to the Criminal Court or the Senate.

It would seem that some thought the case wouldn't have merit and the NACC would drop it. That seems the reason to charge Abhisit/Suthep as privates. Now the court has to investigate if all procedures are followed correctly before they even get a chance to really look into the case. somehow it would seem that the Yingluck government and the organisations under their 'control' like to use shortcuts to get what they want. When the Criminal Court indeed drops the case then that would most likely be the end of another similar case against the duo. A matter of 'double jeopardy' I think. Inderectly the outcome could also have a negative impact on the recently civil cases filed against the duo.

All in all some seem to have tried to overplay their hand. Maybe some really thought they could push through their blanket amnesty bill.

Try finding something related to the 2010 shooters that mixed with the red shirt protesters.

I think that's your job, isn't it? Good luck with that.

Even our local photojournalist Nock Nostitz wrote about the 'Man in Black' and how he had a nightly encounter. How on the 19th a firecracker was thrown in the midst of a group of journalist/reporter just before vanderGrift (running around with the army) got a grenade lobbed on him and some soldiers.

"peaceful protesters, not terrorists" and due to all shoutcasts deaf, dumb and blind. Just like some posters here it would seem.

Try finding something related to the 2010 shooters that mixed with the red shirt protesters.

I think that's your job, isn't it? Good luck with that.

You're the one that is saying the MIB from 2010 were navy seals. Where's the evidence?

Sent from my phone...

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it
CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Got a real problem when an anti-corruption agency has the authority to make legal recommendations or decisions on a murder charge. What is the purpose of the courts then? Why not leave all criminal investigations and charges up to the NACC? After reviewing the original charter of the NACC there is no mention of their authority to investigate or decide upon murder OR dereliction charges OR any other legal cases, other than those involving the potential of corruption, hence the reason for their agency name.

Oh, come now, you know that if you circle the moon 2-3 times and then take a run out to Neptune by the time you get back everyone has lost track of what the hell is going on. It is like my wife trying to have a difficult conversation with 5 sisters about the care of their 93 y.o. mom. It three weeks to get clarity about who is going to do what and a tiny bit of certainty that everyone will actually do what they said they would do. Finally, my wife had to have a "straight talk" (farang concept I introduced to her a few years ago) with one sister who then got very moody with my wife. And so it goes at the patty farm.