WHO declares Thailand and other 10 Asian countries polio-free

webfact

WHO declares Thailand and other 10 Asian countries polio-free

BANGKOK, 18 April 2014 (NNT) - Thailand and 10 other Asian countries have been declared free of polio by the World Health Organization.

The WHO certified the south-east Asian region polio-free on March 27 after years, without a single new case being reported.

The countries recently certified were Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, India, Indonesia, Maldives,Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Timor-Leste. Earlier, America, Europe, West Pacific had been certified.

There are only three countries where polio is still endemic which are Pakistan, Afghanistan and Nigeria. The disease has been eradicated in 80% of the world.

Thailand has been free from polio for 17 years, with the last case reported in Loei in 1997. Provinces have participated in polio vaccination campaigns throughout the years to boost immunity of residents.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-18 footer_n.gif

Because Thailand is Polio free is not a cause to sit back and not be vigilant, quite likely after seventeen years of no polio Thailand is doing the right thing, Polio is likely to make a come back and has done so in many western countries at various stages, but in single cases, you can never say never. Well done Thailand .clap2.gif

• Like 1

This ought to piss off the anti-vacc'ers. Interesting to note the 3 countries where it is still endemic. Thanks to the US, at least 2 of those places will remain endemic for years to come (the whole fake polio vaccination scheme they used to locate Osama resulted in a backlash against the legitimate teams of people doing vaccinations.)

It sounds like Nigeria is making progress though. Or was. The worst areas are also now the areas where the most unrest/fighting is occurring. Bad enough that it appears I no longer need to plan on possibly going to work there in the near future (as it sounds like the company has decided not to go ahead with a proposed project there).

I'm 67 and if I remember correctly the Salk polio vaccine was administered in my 4th grade class 57 years ago. I wonder why it's taken so long for SE Asia to irradiate Polio? Just a lack of interest?

Thanks to Dr Jonas Salk, who chose not to patent his vaccine thus making it accessible to all the world's lesser-developed countries.

For once, somebody did what was right, rather than what was profitable.

The current cost if the vaccine is just 10 cents (USD) per dose.

Why do people not realise how little they know? Perhaps because life is so fast - there is so much to assimilate. Perhaps because....somehow, they think that if they need to know something, it will be delivered to them, as of right, on their mobile phone, pre-digested.

Hiding Polio: The Diagnosis Lie

"Polio has not been eradicated by vaccination, it is lurking behind a redefinition and new diagnostic names like viral or aseptic meningitis......According to one of the 1997 issues of the MMWR, there are some 30,000 to 50,000 cases of viral meningitis per year in the United States alone.

That's where all those 30,000-50,000 cases of polio disappeared after the introduction of mass vaccination."

http://www.whale.to/vaccine/polio1.html

Polio has not been eradicated at all. And will not be eradicated. Polio has been renamed. And here is the proof from WHO's own website:

Here are pdfs of the WHO's own data of Polio and "Acute Flaccid Paralysis" for 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.

http://www.whale.to/v/polio_and_lemmings.html

Some of the really good books in libraries, which might have pointed people to the truth, have been removed. Like J R Paul's book, "The History of Poliomyelitis".

[2009 Aug] LITTLE KNOWN FACTS ABOUT POLIOMYELITIS VACCINATIONS by Viera Scheibner These days, when a vaccinee develops poliomyelitis, it may not be called poliomyelitis; instead, it may be called viral or aseptic meningitis, ascending paralysis (Guillain-Barre syndrome), cerebral palsy (over 75 per cent of cases are not diagnosed at birth but after six months) or other such names. According to MMWR (1997; 32[29]:384-385), there are 30,000 to 50,000 cases of aseptic meningitis every year in the United States. Considering that the vast majority (99 per cent) of the reported cases in the pre-vaccine era were non-paralytic and would have corresponded to aseptic or aviral meningitis, then vaccination has actually increased the incidence of poliomyelitis. In the pre-vaccine era, such high numbers only occurred in some epidemics. Now, such numbers occur every year, year by year.

http://www.whale.to/vaccine/scheibner.html

Yet, take the World Health Organisation information as pdf'd above. Some might say - there is the truth, "hidden in plain sight". The reason people don't see it, is that they don't know enough about creative diagnostic monikers, to know that they are being lied to. They certainly don't know where to look to find the answers to basic issues, because to know where to look, you have to know the right words. And if you've not heard of "Acute Flaccid Paralysis" (AFP) before, you won't look for it. And if you don't realise that "Acute Flaccid Paralysis INCLUDES APF caused by POLIO, which is the minority cause.. you won't think to link the two.

This is the greatest strength that the medical system has - the masses who have not been told, and who somehow think that living in a technologically advanced age, means that they automatically know all they need to know.

Chronic Fatigue: A polio by another name http://www.sonic.net/melissk/polio1.html

CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME: THE HIDDEN POLIO EPIDEMIC by Dr. William Campbell Douglas

Beddow Bayly, author of the book “The Case Against Vaccination” said: “After vaccination was introduced, cases of aseptic meningitis were more often reported as a separate disease from polio, but such cases were counted as polio before the vaccine was introduced. The Ministry of Health admitted that the vaccine status of the individual is a guiding factor in diagnosis. If a person who is vaccinated contracts the disease, the disease is simply recorded under a different name.”

Coxsackievirus and echoviruses can cause paralytic syndromes that are clinically indistinguishable from paralytic poliomyelitis. (John H. Menkes, Textbook Of Child Neurology, 5th ed., page 420) http://www3.bcity.com/harpub/

New Paper – Polio Vaccine – Disease Caused by Vaccine Twice As Fatal – Third World Duped – Scarce Money Wasted – Polio Eradication Impossible

Posted on April 7, 2012 by ChildHealthSafety

According to a new paper published today in the April issue of Indian Journal of Medical Ethics, polio vaccine appears to cause a clinically identical disease which is twice as deadly as polio and the WHO polio eradication programme should be halted: ‘Polio programme – let us declare victory and move on‘ [click title for full .pdf download] by Neetu Vashisht and Jacob Puliyel of the Department of Pediatrics at St Stephens Hospital in Delhi [for online web version click here and for PubMed abstract click here]…………..

http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/2012/04/07/third-world-duped-on-polio-eradication/

Shall I go on? There are stacks of proof that you can find but if you are too lazy and just want to believe the pharmaceutical propaganda, then go ahead. You were given a brain so why don’t you use it!

And for those on this forum who have mentioned Dr; Salk, I advise that you do some research about this guy – you will find it not only informative but you will even be horrified.

Now let the slandering and disbelief begin on this forum!

Why do people not realise how little they know? Perhaps because life is so fast - there is so much to assimilate. Perhaps because....somehow, they think that if they need to know something, it will be delivered to them, as of right, on their mobile phone, pre-digested.

Hiding Polio: The Diagnosis Lie

"Polio has not been eradicated by vaccination, it is lurking behind a redefinition and new diagnostic names like viral or aseptic meningitis......According to one of the 1997 issues of the MMWR, there are some 30,000 to 50,000 cases of viral meningitis per year in the United States alone.

That's where all those 30,000-50,000 cases of polio disappeared after the introduction of mass vaccination."

http://www.whale.to/vaccine/polio1.html

Polio has not been eradicated at all. And will not be eradicated. Polio has been renamed. And here is the proof from WHO's own website:

Here are pdfs of the WHO's own data of Polio and "Acute Flaccid Paralysis" for 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.

http://www.whale.to/v/polio_and_lemmings.html

Some of the really good books in libraries, which might have pointed people to the truth, have been removed. Like J R Paul's book, "The History of Poliomyelitis".

[2009 Aug] LITTLE KNOWN FACTS ABOUT POLIOMYELITIS VACCINATIONS by Viera Scheibner These days, when a vaccinee develops poliomyelitis, it may not be called poliomyelitis; instead, it may be called viral or aseptic meningitis, ascending paralysis (Guillain-Barre syndrome), cerebral palsy (over 75 per cent of cases are not diagnosed at birth but after six months) or other such names. According to MMWR (1997; 32[29]:384-385), there are 30,000 to 50,000 cases of aseptic meningitis every year in the United States. Considering that the vast majority (99 per cent) of the reported cases in the pre-vaccine era were non-paralytic and would have corresponded to aseptic or aviral meningitis, then vaccination has actually increased the incidence of poliomyelitis. In the pre-vaccine era, such high numbers only occurred in some epidemics. Now, such numbers occur every year, year by year.

http://www.whale.to/vaccine/scheibner.html

Yet, take the World Health Organisation information as pdf'd above. Some might say - there is the truth, "hidden in plain sight". The reason people don't see it, is that they don't know enough about creative diagnostic monikers, to know that they are being lied to. They certainly don't know where to look to find the answers to basic issues, because to know where to look, you have to know the right words. And if you've not heard of "Acute Flaccid Paralysis" (AFP) before, you won't look for it. And if you don't realise that "Acute Flaccid Paralysis INCLUDES APF caused by POLIO, which is the minority cause.. you won't think to link the two.

This is the greatest strength that the medical system has - the masses who have not been told, and who somehow think that living in a technologically advanced age, means that they automatically know all they need to know.

Chronic Fatigue: A polio by another name http://www.sonic.net/melissk/polio1.html

CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME: THE HIDDEN POLIO EPIDEMIC by Dr. William Campbell Douglas

Beddow Bayly, author of the book “The Case Against Vaccination” said: “After vaccination was introduced, cases of aseptic meningitis were more often reported as a separate disease from polio, but such cases were counted as polio before the vaccine was introduced. The Ministry of Health admitted that the vaccine status of the individual is a guiding factor in diagnosis. If a person who is vaccinated contracts the disease, the disease is simply recorded under a different name.”

Coxsackievirus and echoviruses can cause paralytic syndromes that are clinically indistinguishable from paralytic poliomyelitis. (John H. Menkes, Textbook Of Child Neurology, 5th ed., page 420) http://www3.bcity.com/harpub/

New Paper – Polio Vaccine – Disease Caused by Vaccine Twice As Fatal – Third World Duped – Scarce Money Wasted – Polio Eradication Impossible

Posted on April 7, 2012 by ChildHealthSafety

According to a new paper published today in the April issue of Indian Journal of Medical Ethics, polio vaccine appears to cause a clinically identical disease which is twice as deadly as polio and the WHO polio eradication programme should be halted: ‘Polio programme – let us declare victory and move on‘ [click title for full .pdf download] by Neetu Vashisht and Jacob Puliyel of the Department of Pediatrics at St Stephens Hospital in Delhi [for online web version click here and for PubMed abstract click here]…………..

http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/2012/04/07/third-world-duped-on-polio-eradication/

Shall I go on? There are stacks of proof that you can find but if you are too lazy and just want to believe the pharmaceutical propaganda, then go ahead. You were given a brain so why don’t you use it!

And for those on this forum who have mentioned Dr; Salk, I advise that you do some research about this guy – you will find it not only informative but you will even be horrified.

Now let the slandering and disbelief begin on this forum!

I am not impressed by your analytical capability or critical skills, so I won't be clicking your links.

I am not impressed by your analytical capability or critical skills, so I won't be clicking your links.

I am not here to impress. And as you say, don’t bother looking into the links because you wouldn’t even understand them no doubt.

Let the truth be known to those that want the truth, and let sleeping dogs lie!

The anti vaccination nuts have arrived.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 – 1860)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Do you think then that everything that is ridiculed and opposed must therefore be defined as the truth ?

If so, you are deeply in error, for reasons that seem self-evident to me.

Do you think then that everything that is ridiculed and opposed must therefore be defined as the truth ?

No, I don’t think that at all so you needn’t twist things to suit your opinion.

Think what you like and let it be. I am not forcing you to believe anything so why are you retaliating when I have a right to put information on a forum that others might be interested in.

No, I don’t think that at all so you needn’t twist things to suit your opinion.

Think what you like and let it be. I am not forcing you to believe anything so why are you retaliating when I have a right to put information on a forum that others might be interested in.

Your right to post and mine are exactly equal.

Then you missed out on some weapons-grade craziness. I'm really thinking that site is satire based on the sheer amount of mind-numbing lunacy it hosts. Just a sample:

Homeopathy

Free Energy

HIV Denial

Reptilian shape-shifters control the world

Alzheimer's/aluminum link

Vitamin C cures everything

Plain water cures almost everything (not kidding)

Vaccine/autism link

Dental work is toxic

...and so on.

The site is not easy to read because of poor grammar, sentence fragments, pronouns that don't have a clear antecedent and generally incomplete thoughts. In quite a few places you have to make a blind guess as to what conclusions the author is trying to draw. As an example, can you guess what this sentence is trying to say?

Both [types of diseases] can be helped or reversed with chelation therapy which is a rather large red flag as to that fact.

If you can't, don't feel bad. Reptilians are probably controlling your mind from their base on planet X. Edited by attrayant