Booking Train Ticket - Butterworth to Ratchaburi

Dah fahrang

Hi.

Benn getting the "run-around" from Thai Railway stations in Ban Pong and Ratchaburi.

On-line searching/booking leads to total dead ends.

Told can only book face to face in Butterworth. On-line in Malaysia states as the trains are Thia operated, bookings can only be made through SRT Thailand.

BUMP. go back to Start.facepalm.gif

I simply want to book a one way First or Second Class ticket, in mid-May from Butterworth to Ratchaburi.

Anyone with first hand experience of actually booking and getting a ticket for this seemingly simple journey, please post how!

Thanks

As I recall used to make reservations at the Penang office at port area of Georgetown for return trips when using train. But that was more than a decade ago. You can always use taxi/van/bus to Hat Yai and get a train from there - or a bus.

The Georgetown office is closed.

Can book at station Butterworth.

If you are going south by train you can book while the train waits at Padang Besar for immigration.

I have never tried it but this agency says it will get tickets for BT 200 fee. thailandtrainticket.com

Only 2nd class available .

Edited by my friend I

The Georgetown office is closed.

Can book at station Butterworth.

If you are going south by train you can book while the train waits at Padang Besar for immigration.

I have never tried it but this agency says it will get tickets for BT 200 fee. thailandtrainticket.com

Only 2nd class available .

Thanks for this.

Tried to use their web site - couldn't get it to accept query, but e-mailed them.

Ticket is for visitor from UK.

You got me searching, and found this:

http://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm#by%20email

They no direct connection you have to take from butterworth start at 2.00 p.m stop at Padang Besar for stamp your passport reach Bangkok - Hua lumpong station 2.30 p.m the next day then connect another train as the Express 35 final stop Bangkok.

Butterworth on the terminal ferry not need to cross over Penang 24 hours journey enjoy yourself!

The newly opened Royal Bintang Hotel is along the waterfront close to where the ferry leaves. They are having a promotion. Rooms RM175 net. Very nice rooms. They may get a train ticket for guests. They are very helpful. That's a great part of town to stay.

seat61.com is ok but sometimes a bit behind on changes.

Edited by my friend I

this ''train'' actually has only 2 2nd cl. cars, sleeper, AC from BTW-the rest is attached at HYai. THUS: plenty more of chances from there, and in the normal SRT system-at your local stop too.

Simply buy a non-seat ticket at BTW for the trip to HYai-as they allow 2 people sitting besides in what becomes 1 bed. It is in fact cheaper to pay in MYR till Pdg Besar and book in THB from there.