Hotel near Hualampong Station

irelish

I'm looking for a hotel near Hualampong station while I wait for a seat on the train to open up. Any recommendations?

Seems the trains are full because it's a long weekend. Normally I'd stay anywhere but I've got my bicycle packed in a box. It's not heavy but it's large and cumbersome.

They do have a left luggage office at the station.

I do not know the hotels there now....if it was 40 years ago there was the infamous TaiSonGeet or the even more infamous hotel pepsi but those legends are no more.

Opposite the station do have old hotel price about 800-1100 Baht per night just across the river it's a Chinese owner but if you need cheap there are some on the lane outside the station where you find shop selling foods there are 2-3 budget hostels just across the street price do not know as never stay there and they do offer tourist information with a big sign.

this one should work,right across the street, over the klong

any were from 500tb to 800tb per night

I've stayed at the Krung Kasem Sri Krung hotel quite a few times, although not recently. I like it. It's basic but clean, there's a lift, room service and a not bad restaurant downstairs. Last time I was there was about six or seven years ago, and a double room was 600 Baht. As mentioned already, it's a Chinese hotel, and the staff were always friendly and helpful. No problem with taking girls to your room for the night, either. Handy for Yaowarat, too, just a five minute walk.

Never knew the Thai Song Greet, musta missed that one. When I was in Bangkok in 1971, I stayed a couple of days at the Malaysia, where the air-con was a killer (about 20 C inside the hotel, and close to 40 C outside) and then moved to the Hualamphong hotel (fan only), just around the corner from the main station entrance. Dunno if it still exists. Back then, it was heaving, particularly the cafe downstairs. GIs on R&R from Vietnam and backpackers mainly. And of course the resident girls. Everyone was smoking dope and drinking beer and listening to loud music. It was a hoot! I even managed to get a dose of Vietnam Rose while I was there. I seem to remember it cost me about ten times as much to get rid of it as it cost to get it. Ah well, we live and learn.

Thanks for your suggestions. I did get a room across the river at Sri Krung for 850 baht. Basic, a/c, and breakfast included. I left my luggage with the front desk after noon check out, no problem.