Reds Burn Symbolic Coffins to Protest Court Verdict

Lite Beer

When you use the term "The sh#t has hit the fan" It is a literal meaning when referring to red shirt protests.

Good to see that in this case they are not imitating monkeys. Though is imitating terrorists better or worse?

They are essentially burning a principle of democracy…Oh, the irony.

"To express their anger, hundreds of Redshirt supporters across Thailand staged coffin-burning ceremonies"

​Again I highlight that violence is the language of the inarticulate. They cannot express their anger through words that human beings have used for centuries. They express it through violent emotive actions.

​They are one link away from……democracy (and you thought I was going to say monkeys wink.png )

keep up the demonization. To you these people are not even human. Can you now understand why your side cannot and will not win any fair elections?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, and you cannot deny that Red Shirts beat and murder Democrats canvassing in the north.

That's why they are pushing for reforms before elections; without a democratic landscape, you can not have democratic elections.

Any chance of some more details of these Democrats canvassing in the north that have been beaten and murdered in the north?

I can only find one reference to a democrat party canvasser being murdered and that was in the south in Yala http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/06/21/national/Democrat-canvasser-shot-dead-in-Yala;-wife-also-ba-30158292.html. There was a Bhumjaithai canvasser shot dead in central Bangkok in June 2011 and of course there is the Democrat Party MP Khanchit Thabsuwan, on bail (for the past couple of years now), who eyewitnesses saw him shoot dead a PTP official in 2012 http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Khanchit-to-face-murder-charges-30173588.html but no incidents in the north.

Perhaps you provide some links so posters on the forum are aware of these alleged attacks?

Chiang Mai.

Lest ye forget.

Not forgotten, more like not known by me. Can you enlighten further - a bit more info than "Chiang Mai"?

The coffins, meant to be those of the Constitutional Court judges, were burned in order to put a curse on the judges' lives, following a Thai folk tradition.

It would be interesting to get an explanation from the participants, if this medieval tradition is part of their thainess and how it is compatible with Buddhism.

• Like 1

The coffins, meant to be those of the Constitutional Court judges, were burned in order to put a curse on the judges' lives, following a Thai folk tradition.

It would be interesting to get an explanation from the participants, if this medieval tradition is part of their thainess and how it is compatible with Buddhism.

Something that according to that moral beacon Fab4 is "no more violent than blowing a whistle and waving handclappers." :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Well at least they are only burning coffins, not shopping centers, or killing innocent kids. But you would have to have the mentality of a watermelon not to see what this "ceremony" represents. A complete and utter disregard and lack of respect for Thai law. I can understand your average ThaiRouge gunslinger not realizing this, but the posters on TV should know what is really happening here. Unless they are at the same intellectual level as the reds.

I thought the red political experts on TV were so smart they would not need to be "enlightened". cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And a Judicial Coup has got to be better than a Thaksin style coup, which usually results in the deaths of scores of people, from both sides. Sorry, no link to support this, so take it any way you like.

I must be bored, I clicked on those amazing links that fabio posted in an earlier post, why I will never know. Typical red flavored rubbish, he must spend hours looking through the net for this tripe.

Anyway, one of his links was to a Wall Street Journal site, and I could not read the story because you have to be logged in, and I could not be bothered signing up.

However I did get to the "Comments" page and had a good laugh reading these -

................."I am disappointed at the way the WSJ Editorial Page, once one of the finest pieces of Journalism in America, has shown itself captured by individuals as corrupt as the Shinawatras............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Mr. Gigot, you're better than this poorly-researched caricature of Thailand. Tell your editorial staff to do more homework than reading a Wikipedia article."........................

....................................."Did the WSJ tet this from the PR firms representing the corrupt Thaksin family? Probably.".................................

......................"They won't cough up the writer's name, since he's obviously a Thaksin stooge, and paid well for this piece (not by the WSJ!).".............................................

Keep them links comin' fabio, they are good for laugh if anything. biggrin.png

Something that according to that moral beacon Fab4 is "no more violent than blowing a whistle and waving handclappers." rolleyes.gif

Another person who prefers the drama queen approach to posting. Do you understand the meaning of Symbolic?

Oh and Lupatria, Animism underlies Buddhism in Thailand. An obvious manifestation is the Spirit Houses all around you (if you live here that is), they're not there because of Buddhism. Animistic practices were being carried out here before the arrival of Buddhism.

Edited by fab4

The take-over of Bangkok in 2010, the burnings, the destruction of government property around the country, the deaths of many innocent people since then, they were all "symbolic" gestures too, I suppose. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Animistic practices were being carried out here before the arrival of Buddhism.

Thaksin and his cousin cover all bases by adding voodoo to the mix:

Thaksin's supporters hold rite to relieve him of bad luck

Ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra's supporters held a rite at a Chiang Mai temple Tuesday aimed at correcting "his sins in the past life" that were believed to have resulted in his bad karma.

The rite, a combination of animism, voodoo, and Buddhism, was performed by the abbot of Wat Umong and eight other monks, as well as a pro-Thaksin trance medium.

It was presided over by General Chaisit Shinawatra, Thaksin's cousin and former Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/homeThaksin-s-supporters-hold-rite-to-relieve-him-of-b-30095937.html

Ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra's supporters held a rite at a Chiang Mai temple Tuesday aimed at correcting "his sins in the past life" that were believed to have resulted in his bad karma.

The rite, a combination of animism, voodoo, and Buddhism, was performed by the abbot of Wat Umong and eight other monks, as well as a pro-Thaksin trance medium.

It was presided over by General Chaisit Shinawatra, Thaksin's cousin and former Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/homeThaksin-s-supporters-hold-rite-to-relieve-him-of-b-30095937.html

Nice one gg, and you provided a link, so in accordance with the rules of the Red Ministry of Propaganda, your post must be 100% true ! biggrin.png

this expression of disgust is a more old fashioned version of the incessant whining on this forum by the yellow shirt Suthep lovers .

nothing more than stress relief

....or "electronic masturbation"....555

this expression of disgust is a more old fashioned version of the incessant whining on this forum by the yellow shirt Suthep lovers .

nothing more than stress relief

....or "electronic masturbation"....555

The world should know that all the protesters get paid for protesting: so the redshirts mobilese all the woman in Isaan, uneducated, to go for protests as they get more money per day they even would get if they would work!

But the problem now for the red shirt ralleys: less and less they find people who follow them; just only some "left overs" will do the work!

But also they have no idea of democracy and thanks for the wise decession the Court has made!!!!!!!!!!

But the problem now for the red shirt ralleys: less and less they find people who follow them; just only some "left overs" will do the work!

Lunatic Red Shirt Leader Kwanchai is a good example of that.

The other paper reported yesterday that he was bringing 1,000 red shirts for the current bangkok rally.

Whereas, just two years ago, he boasted of having 10,000,000 red shirts ready for his commands.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Govt-must-block-plans-for-red-shirt-welcome-for-Th-30178403.html

Nice one gg, and you provided a link, so in accordance with the rules of the Red Ministry of Propaganda, your post must be 100% true ! biggrin.png

With the link in the previous post, it is 100% true that red shirts have dropped 4 zero's from their number totals in two years.

Edited by gangrel
  • Like 2