filipina GF can't leave to Thailand because of martial law

all manner of people and departments can say its ok to travel, but you still have to get through philippine immigration. its a bit like playing russian roulette, never know if you will get through or not. if traveling alone makes it harder. in fairness they are just trying to protect their citizens, bit over protective if you ask me , and it makes it difficult and frustrating for the honest ones. best we can hope is this martial law ends soon, and things get back to normal. remember the first time i took my gf to thailand, was leaving together from clark, i was worried she would get stopped, but in the end it was me they wouldnt let through , forgot about the exit clearance thats required after being in the phils just over 6 months, had to forego those tickets ,as couldnt pay it at the airport anymore, pissed about that.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you check your girlfriends intentions This sounds fishy

nono.gif

Not at all. Read, some other opinions in the thread, from posters, who know what they are talking about the difficulties of Philippine women to fly out of their country,

leave the Philippines.

* Guarantee letter from you, taking full economic responsibility for her abroad, and her return flight.

* 1000$ cash in her wallet, many have been asked to show their money, and turned away when they only have a few 100$.

* Re route as mentioned before.

* Alternative: You join her in Philippines, and travel together. Have been reported easier in many situations, in local forums.

If she's young, not much cash, no guarantee letter - questions are likely to be asked.

Asia2000

Cebu/Pattaya

Under the best of circumstances it would be difficult for your GF to leave the Philippines (50-50 chance, almost zero chance

if she has been married) Under the present circumstances you should be prepared for the worst. Best of luck.

Saw this on the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs website...

https://www.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/2013-06-27-21-50-36/dfa-releases/2914-dfa-raises-alert-level-2-for-thailand

20 May 2014 – The Department of Foreign Affairs has raised the Alert Level for Thailand from 1 (Precautionary Phase) to 2 (Restriction Phase) in view of recent political developments in that country.

Alert Level 2 is issued when there are real threats to the life, security, and property of Filipinos arising from internal disturbance in or external threat to the host country. Under Alert Level 2, Filipinos in Thailand are instructed to restrict non-essential movements, avoid public places and prepare for evacuation if necessary.

Under Alert Level 2, the Department of Labor and Employment allows only overseas Filipino workers with existing contracts (balik-manggagawa) to return to their host country.

The Philippine Embassy in Bangkok advises Filipinos residing in or traveling to Thailand to avoid the rally sites and large gatherings and to refrain from taking part in the protest or other political activities. Everyone is advised to continue exercising extreme caution and vigilance and to closely monitor developments. END

It doesn't seem to affect travelers who are tourists...

Yeah, I posted that earlier. It has the exact answer to the OP's question in it. Can no one see my posts or what?

I'm here in Boracay now and just read this good news...

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/05/24/14/dfa-no-travel-ban-yet-thailand

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well it doesn't help much, because PI Immigration ask many questions at airport, and have been doing so for at least last 2 years.

Most Filipina who want to leave Pi, will be asked questions at airport,

and if the lady are insecure in her replies, don't have much cash, don't have a visa, etc = many get denied to leave.

Real life.

Check out PI forums.

Edited by Asia2000

@ Asia 2000... I was only refering to the DFA's decision to allow travel to Thailand. Philippines Immigration is another story. It is common knowledge what is required for Filipina's to travel outside the country as this information is usually given at the time they apply for their passport. All common questions asked of any SE Asian immigration officer.

Its Not just The who they make Problem also The GUys.

My boyfriend Almost cant Board The airplane due to their question And Otter stuffs.. 5minutes beföre our plane go.

Good that My bf Said to them that we are just visiting to Thailand for religiöus purpose only And they let us go...

Clark Airport ALWAYS PROBLEM WITH FILIPINO WHO WANTS TO TRAVEL OUTSIDE

THE COUNTRY

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Knowing Philippines the airport staff probably want a little money

No.

Don't try to do that. smile.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well, not me but a Filipino

There are 1000s over filipinos here and it happens quite a lot. They got a work contract to come to another part of the world. Sometimes the people in charge of letting you get out want a little something, something

I think you can get in their face a bit and refuse and they back down though so it depends how forceful you are. It's the 'pines

Edited by Razzler1973

- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights -

Article 9.
•No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.

Article 13.
•(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
•(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

Edited by RandomSand