Thai-Eng certified translation of documents - quick service needed

I am looking for recommendations for places where I can get Thai documents (maybe some Laos) translated to English.

Needs to be certified translation accepting for supporting documents evidence in the application of a UK visit VISA.

I need them done preferably same day. If anywhere is open on a Sunday for this?

I arrive in Bangkok early evening next Saturday.

I can book an appoint with VFS on Tuesday but will be a nightmare waiting times (heard the 5 hour waiting horror stories).

I'd prefer to book a VIP service so no waiting. They don't do this Tuesday or Wednesday. So would have to be a Monday.

So I am stuck with getting documents translate from 5pm Saturday till end of Sunday.

At a push till Monday dinnertime but that would be stressful if left till then.

Anyone able to help please?

My only other option is the standard VFS appointment and getting there for first appointment first thing in morning Tuesday. Still need documents translated by close of business Monday. Prefer not though as still bet my fiancee and daughter would be waiting hours with me outside sweating in the rain with no mobile phone contact getting stressed out!

I'm just gonna open another bottle of wine now. lol

Suggest you do a Google for: bangkok translations

Here's a few that popped up:

http://www.bangkoktranslation.com/

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/translators_photographers.pdf

http://www.translations.co.th/en/index.html

Reckon you'll be paying a good rate for expedited service. Anyway, email for rates and you could probably scan and email the documents, too.

Mac

I've used Express Translation Service in BKK. You could get the stuff scanned and email to them so they can get started. There's s s woman there called Jammaree who's very helpful and will answer emails. Details in PM

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Tapatalk

• Like 1

She is in Laos at present having to wait till Monday to get some documents.

I've been at her for 2 or 3 months now to get these documents.

Translation has been an issue till her sister in Holland translated for me.

I will not see the documents till I arrive in Bangkok. Prob be 5 pm next Saturday.

I am hoping to get a VIP appointment with VFS to hand in the documents on Monday.

So time will be short.

My only other option is getting my fiancée to hand in the documents to a respected company for translating.

She will be in Bangkok a day before me so can hand in on the Friday.

But I'd rather be there. Knowing my fiancée something will go wrong if left to her own devices.

I've used Express Translation Service in BKK. You could get the stuff scanned and email to them so they can get started. There's s s woman there called Jammaree who's very helpful and will answer emails. Details in PM

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Tapatalk

Thanks. Will email them now. I really could do with somewhere open on a Sunday that will do same day translation. Drop off in morning. Pick up end of business. Don't like look of there website but seem to be what I am looking for name wise lol. Assuming their translations are certified. How are they certified? Stamped?!?

All the translation services are fully aware of the requirements for certified documents.

Mine have a stamp which says "Certified Correct Translation" along with their name, company name and contact numbers.

They sign and date it too.

I had my marriage certificate, registration and wife's birth certificate translated in less than 2 hours, but do not know about Sunday service.

I used a small shop in the mall opposite the British Embassy.

Edited by The Fat Controller
  • Like 1

Lao and English certificates coming from Lao police and Nai Baan(government/council) so looks covered. WooHoo.

You got me worried posting those links. Yeah read them numerous times. But not since clicked as I assumed we'd get the docs translated in Bangkok. Was cutting it short with visa appointmentand arrival Iin Bangkok on a Saturday evening, but my fiancée is a smart cookie.

Got all supporting documents covered now according to the guide. Yes!!! Hopefully not get some stupid reason for refusal. Fingers crossed

It just occured to me her cover note... it could be in thai so can I translate or just type in english for her? Or is that another certified translation cost?

Just make it up yourself. Any old story will do.

I'm sure half the time nothing gets checked or even read.

It just occured to me her cover note... it could be in thai so can I translate or just type in english for her? Or is that another certified translation cost?

Just make it up yourself. Any old story will do.

I'm sure half the time nothing gets checked or even read.

shock1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Q3XOm0fuQs.png