Thai ambassador to UK ordered home

Lite Beer

Hahaha.

This is becoming a complete and utter circus. How many heads are they going to cut, until there is a backlash?

depends on who you are.

im a pro RPG kinda guy, i know, if the quest was to slay the hydra. some people will go straight for the middle head. and finish it. receiving their XP points.

a PRO... well.. they would go for maximum XP. id keep choppin as the heads keep growing. just to toy with it. and max out that XP

just like how thaksin has toyed with thailand. THailand is toying back.

thailand is NOT THE SHINAWATS PLAYGROUND.

and yeah. it is a circus, so sit back and enjoy the show.

• Like 1

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wonder if he will fly direct or take a stop over somewhere in the middle east en route?

Is it just a coincidence that all UK flights stop off in the UAE, before heading to BKK? biggrin.png (There are no direct flights from BKK to UK )

I am guessing that you don't travel very often Fat Haggis?! BA and Thai would be the first two that would spring to mind...

Hahaha.

This is becoming a complete and utter circus. How many heads are they going to cut, until there is a backlash?

Ignoring politics - try hard for a minute.

Was this man really suitable for the job and was he carrying out the duties of an ambassador to a major country to the required high standard?

I have no idea, do you? But I suspect the Thai Foreign Ministry do, and are probably free to voice that opinion based on facts now Thaksin's cousin has been removed.

Doesn't look like a circus - that was a good description of what was happening before, with all the cabinet reshuffles and doling out of plumb jobs to relatives and cronies. Look more like a very well planned operation to return to reality.

Ignoring politics for a minute... the guy Yingluck got removed for appointing as Pol Chief was the most senior cop in 2009, and politics aside, would've been appointed to the top job then instead of having to wait until 2011. But that's if we subtract politics from all this...

The question wasn't the suitability of Yingluck's ex-sister-in-law's brother's suitability for the role he was moved into. It was the moves she and her cabinet approved to make it. The incumbent police chief had to be moved to make way and accepted the job of a senior civil servant who was moved to what was an effectively non active role to make way. All so a "friendly" face could be placed in a key role. The suitability, qualifications, experience, seniority never came into it. The PTP cabinet simply moved people around to suit themselves without any regard for the rules and procedures in force at the time. Stupidity, arrogance, a belief they could do just what they wanted, or a calculated guess they poor guy outed would not do anything as close to retiring? Who knows.

She was removed for the way she did it and that in ignoring the rules did something that was beneficial. You know he was the best candidate for the job in 2009 do you? Or had he previously been fast tracked into pole position thanks to a bit of nepotism?

But...but..they won the election, they could do what they wanted...

• Like 1

Karma...Love it.

What was it when he was moved from Dubai to be ambassador in London. Was that not karma? I'm not so sure as you that karma requires armed intervention and a junta order.

Not karma, in that case cronyism. Just requires a top-notch autocrat.

Hahaha.

depends on who you are.

im a pro RPG kinda guy, i know, if the quest was to slay the hydra. some people will go straight for the middle head. and finish it. receiving their XP points.

a PRO... well.. they would go for maximum XP. id keep choppin as the heads keep growing. just to toy with it. and max out that XP

Don't be deluded. The shinawatras aren't going anywhere. They will be back. It just takes time.

The Thai junta do not know how to use telephone, e-mail, fax, and things like this. They want to jail the man. That`s the reason. Maybe he can get asylum in Norway or another European country ?

The purge by the Military Dictatorship continues.

Except when it doesn't. From the horse's mouth, rather than a second-hand press report:

The NCPO yesterday rushed to clarify confusion surrounding a report that Pasan Teparak, the Thai ambassador to the UK, has been ordered to return to Bangkok on the NCPO's orders. NCPO spokesman Winthai Suvaree insisted the council did not issue any order for Mr Pasan to return from London.

Hahaha.

Well considering he is a general and used to obedience and a no nonsense leader it could be quite a few. Not like there is a shortage of guilty parties in Thailand.

edit

Just realized did you have specific number in mind?

Edited by northernjohn

Hahaha.

depends on who you are.

Don't be deluded. The shinawatras aren't going anywhere. They will be back. It just takes time.

Do you think they will be in irons when they come back?

To be honest with you I don't think Thaksin will ever come back. He knows there is a bullet here for him and if he doesn't let up possibly one over sea. He has pissed of a lot of people.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hahaha.

It is unbelievable and blatant.

Hahaha.

depends on who you are.

Do you think they will be in irons when they come back?

To be honest with you I don't think Thaksin will ever come back. He knows there is a bullet here for him and if he doesn't let up possibly one over sea. He has pissed of a lot of people.

You don't understand face. He will have his time in Thailand , no doubt. He believes he is entitled.

Wonder if he will fly direct or take a stop over somewhere in the middle east en route?

Is it just a coincidence that all UK flights stop off in the UAE, before heading to BKK? biggrin.png (There are no direct flights from BKK to UK )

"There are no direct flights from BKK to UK"

Really, are you sure? Does not TG still fly BKK LHR direct, twice a day?

Either its sarcasm? or he doesnt know that Eva Air also fly direct BKK to LHR Direct.

Ignoring politics for a minute... the guy Yingluck got removed for appointing as Pol Chief was the most senior cop in 2009, and politics aside, would've been appointed to the top job then instead of having to wait until 2011. But that's if we subtract politics from all this...

I think this happened before when a relative was promoted because they were next in line but it was pointed out that Thaksin had fast tracked them to that position in the first place. I don't know if that's the case here though.

Yeah, that was Chaiyasit when he became army commander-in-chief . Not the case with Priewpan though, I think it was widely agreed he was most senior and next in line for the job in 09, had it not been for political interference (welcome to correction if I'm wrong).

This happens the world over though. How often is the most senior cop given the top spot in the London Met? Hardly ever. At that level, it is a political job and the hirer is the current government - there is always going to be "political interference" just as there is "business interference" when promoting a senior executive. Face has to fit - an employer has the right to chose who to hire and promote - and people get promoted over other longer standing people all the time, everywhere. What YL did was against the rules and she knew it - no excuse. She could have done it properly, but then their man might not have got the job (again).

i think all thais should come home asap

i can take over a thais house he bought in my home country

Most probably have citizenship in their adopted country - unlike here it's often not so hard to get after a time - hard to get them to go anywhere!

Funny that he was promoted by Thaksin's unphotogenic cousin from being lowly consul-general is a small country to be ambassador to London, one of the most important positions in the Foreign Ministry.

''One of the most important positions in the Foreign Ministry''..??

Have you actually SEEN the Thai Embassy in London..??

My garden shed is bigger!

Queen Mary's Gate - it has 4 floors and old Georgian House around the back of Buckingham Palace - been there many times (wife used to play for the Thai National Music Circle based there). At least 5 other Embassies in the same road in very similar buildings - probably worth upwards of 5 million. Not such a shack!

The UK is one of the G7 countries - therefore it IS one of the most important jobs of an Ambassador - also one of the most sought after. Just look at the USA Ambassadors that have been Ambassador to the UK over the years - impressive list.

Hahaha.

Your responds is insensible, it is far to early to make such comments about the junta because their current activities are sensible in order to sort out problems., what will politically happen in the next few months is impossible to forecast now.

The junta is still engaging top professional advisers to sort out the long lasting political problems and create a new democratic setup in order to provide a new solid democratic administration for the country, and then a new election will take place.

Top professional political advisors?

The most successful.politician in Thailand is in Dubai. Where does one get a top adviser to discuss purging people from govt under a military coup?

Afghanistan?

Government type makes little difference to the worth of the advisor - especially with relevant to foreign policy.

Also, Thaksin can hardly be called the most successful politician now, can he? Just how many electoral seats did he personally win - erm, none. He lost the only election he ever stood in - and that wasn't even a national one. He was appointed to the role as PM with no political experience or direct mandate from the people - his party were successful, and remain to have been since, but not him personally.

Hahaha.

Franco governed for 36 years in Spain.

Ending when he died in 1975

Meanwhile the opposing team became educated.
It wont matter what this General does.
It doesn't matter how long the elite drag it out.
How many human rights are trampled.
History shows us, that one day in the future, the ''people '' always win!

Looks like they are winning right now - ask any rice farmer that's eventually been paid - or ask in thirty years how happy the people are they are not still saddled with a 2. trillion baht loan and high-speed trains that are hardly used (cheaper and faster to fly!) and a have proper government thanks to the seeds of reform that are happening right now. This was not a power hungry megalomaniac's grab for power, it was a good man pushed into auctioning a plan of last resort, since warning after warning was ignored, and military weapons were hitting the streets in an escalation of 7 months of grenades and gunfire; when the only two sides that could make it right , had no intension of doing that. Look around you, ask the people on the street - if you live here - you can feel the relief!

• Like 2

There a lot of Hahaha , LOLs and cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

in response to this serious situation in Thailand.

So I wonder are most exp-pats in Thailand idiots or only the ones contributing to these threads?

This thread is not about the situation in Thailand - it's about an Ambassador in the UK being told to come home for some undisclosed reason. Maybe the idiots are the people that can not follow the context of a thread, eh?

Karma...Love it.

What was it when he was moved from Dubai to be ambassador in London. Was that not karma? I'm not so sure as you that karma requires armed intervention and a junta order.

"What was it when he was moved from Dubai to be ambassador in London. Was that not karma?" - no we have another word for that, 'nepotism'.

Karma in a purely Buddhist sense makes no sense here anyway - it is obviously used in the western sense, of a come-uppance (which is NOT karma); and therefore the means are not important, only the result (universe's payback) is.

There a lot of Hahaha , LOLs and cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

in response to this serious situation in Thailand.

So I wonder are most exp-pats in Thailand idiots or only the ones contributing to these threads?

Explain your thoughts regarding posts........thumbsup.gif

There are many proverbs regarding those who argue with fools, , a simple Google search on the subject will bring back many returns.

Any explanation ,or thoughts on my part regarding said posts, I am afraid will make me party to such proverbs.

Ah you mean, "Better to be thought of as a fool, than to open one's mouth and prove it" - got it

Hahaha.

Franco governed for 36 years in Spain.

Ending when he died in 1975

Meanwhile the opposing team became educated.
It wont matter what this General does.
It doesn't matter how long the elite drag it out.
How many human rights are trampled.
History shows us, that one day in the future, the ''people '' always win!

Looks like they are winning right now - ask any rice farmer that's eventually been paid - or ask in thirty years how happy the people are they are not still saddled with a 2. trillion baht loan and high-speed trains that are hardly used (cheaper and faster to fly!) and a have proper government thanks to the seeds of reform that are happening right now. This was not a power hungry megalomaniac's grab for power, it was a good man pushed into auctioning a plan of last resort, since warning after warning was ignored, and military weapons were hitting the streets in an escalation of 7 months of grenades and gunfire; when the only two sides that could make it right , had no intension of doing that. Look around you, ask the people on the street - if you live here - you can feel the relief!

Don't forget the cancelled cable car for Chiang Mai he promised and all the animals that died in CM Safari. He's like Trotsky in Stalinist Russia now all failings can be traced back to his devilish and uber-venal ways.

"Whenever anything went wrong it became usual to attribute it to Snowball. If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Snowball had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Snowball had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after the mislaid key was found under a sack of meal."

George Orwell , Animal Farm

• Like 2

The most successful.politician in Thailand is in Dubai. Where does one get a top adviser to discuss purging people from govt under a military coup?

Afghanistan?

The most successful politician in Thailand is in Dubai?

You mean the one who wrecked the kingdom's reputation as the biggest and best rice producer in the world for nearly half century and through his own self serving incompetence caused his hopeless government to bring Thailand perilously close to becoming a failed state only for it to be rescued by another military coup.

There was a time when Mussolini was considered by his supporters to be the most successful politician in Italy too but that didn't last either.

Accept it. He would still win tomorrow.

That's the reality. I don't bother to get dragged into the semantics, the reality and what the consequences might be are the important issue.

Mussolini was appointed by the way.

So was Thaksin. each time:1. PDP, 2. under Chavalit, 3. TRT - all appointed positions - which seat did he hold?

Edited by wolf5370

No direct flights except for; British Airways, Thai Airways, Quantas, Eva air.. then of course there are non direct flights that don't go UAE, Jet Airways, Air India, KLM, SAS, Finnair, Norwegian, Aeroflot, Vietnam Airlines, Sri Lankan Airlines, China Airlines -- and these are just the ones I've flown with; There's also Egyptair, Turkish Airlines, Austrian Ailines, Royal Jordan, El Al, ... I'm getting bored now..

As my post sums it up--incidentally I have not looked it up, any USA airlines stopping at LHR then fly on to BKK ???

Doubt it - that would mean going the long way around.

The Thai junta do not know how to use telephone, e-mail, fax, and things like this. They want to jail the man. That`s the reason. Maybe he can get asylum in Norway or another European country ?

And you know this how? Or just your knee jerk reaction - remember the rules about rumour mongering!

Afghanistan?

The most successful politician in Thailand is in Dubai?

You mean the one who wrecked the kingdom's reputation as the biggest and best rice producer in the world for nearly half century and through his own self serving incompetence caused his hopeless government to bring Thailand perilously close to becoming a failed state only for it to be rescued by another military coup.

There was a time when Mussolini was considered by his supporters to be the most successful politician in Italy too but that didn't last either.

Accept it. He would still win tomorrow.

That's the reality. I don't bother to get dragged into the semantics, the reality and what the consequences might be are the important issue.

Mussolini was appointed by the way.

So was Thaksin. each time:1. PDP, 2. under Chavalit, 3. TRT - all appointed positions - which seat did he hold?

He was elected prime minister

Is that so hard to understand. One is normally either appointer or elected. Mussolini was appointed , Thaksin was elected. Strewth.

This shouldn't be this hard.