HQ Professional Photo Printing

dmitri

Hey guys,

I am looking for a high-quality paper, canvas or exotic material printer in CM.

There were some posts about printing here and I've seen couple of places that print on photo paper and on canvas (although they do not stretch). What I am looking for though is a bit more specific:

Bamboo or cotton paper (i.e. eco-friendly stuff) and giclee inks (i.e. inks which are rated to last 100+ years). These choices are very easy to find anywhere in the west, but I can't tell whether it is available here.

A bonus of course would be some really cool options like printing on wood.

Thank you so much!

-d.

You're not in the best of places for high-quality digital printing studios.

About the best in town, near Chang Puak Gate is Pattrara Prepress, 242/2 Maneenoparat Rd., Sri Poom. Tel. 053-210896.

This is the one that most of the design studios use for Hi-res fine art scans and digital [Giclee] prints. Whether or not they print on exotic materials, I don't know. I have my own work printed on 270 gram archival paper which is just about as good as anything I can get in the US. They are efficient and courteous people to deal with as well.

Good luck with what you're working on.

• Thanks 1

Awesome, thanks so much man!

Anytime, bro.

Incidentally, and not to insult your intelligence, things related to fine art printing [ink, paper, etc.] that are supposed to last 100+ years are referred to as "archival", not Giclee.

Giclee is a print from a high-quality ink jet printer, or occasionally the printer itself.

Again, good luck with your work, and welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Bloom in Bangkok is considered the best in Thailand:

Bloom Pro Lab
2/5,2/6 Soi Silom 19,
Silom Road, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand

Tel. +66 (0) 2 635 1130-1
Fax. +66 (0) 2 635 1132

Email <removed>

Edited by onthedarkside
email removed as per forum rules

Hey guys, I've tried the canvas print shop at the airport mall and the quality is really not that good. I went to the Pattrara Prepress shop but the maximum size they would print is 8x12. Bloom Pro Lab doesn't have a website and only "may" accept bank transfers.

Any other suggestions?

Hey guys, I've tried the canvas print shop at the airport mall and the quality is really not that good. I went to the Pattrara Prepress shop but the maximum size they would print is 8x12. Bloom Pro Lab doesn't have a website and only "may" accept bank transfers.

Any other suggestions?

If Pattrara Prepress can't do what you want done, then forget Chiang Mai.

As already noted, Bloom is considered the best in Bangkok, but you might also try: IQ Lab. 9/33-34 Sukhumvit, Soi 63 [Ekamai].

It's a short walk from the BTS Ekamai Station.

Choke Dee.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks so much guys, I'm trying IQ Lab right now, I'll let you know how the print looks once I get it in the mail.

BTW, IQ prints on wood relief plastic not the actual thing.

The photo to wood video is awesome! Thanks. However, it won't work for a lot of colour photos requiring bright whites.

Cheers,

-d.