Renew bike registration: Pattaya location

kap

My registration for my four year old bike is up in early July. Rather than ride out to the Motor Vehicle Department, isn't there a place in Pattaya that I can go to? Please advise. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do you mean the annual road tax? This can be renewed at Big C South on Saturday mornings there is also a sub office near to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. The former prints your new disc there and then , the latter take the paperwork to the main office and you go back to them after 1630 to collect. (Mon to Friday)

Do you mean the annual road tax? This can be renewed at Big C South on Saturday mornings there is also a sub office near to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. The former prints your new disc there and then , the latter take the paperwork to the main office and you go back to them after 1630 to collect. (Mon to Friday)

I assume "annual road tax" is the same as what I refer to as annual registration/insurance renewal (when I have to buy insurance[?] from the little shop across from the motor vehicle office).

For the Saturday morning only option, where exactly is "Big C South" and what is the exact times that it is open? Do I buy the insurance there too?

With respect to the M-F option, where exactly (near BPH) is the sub office located and what is the timing for the morning paperwork drop off? Do I buy the insurance there too?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

I renewed my motorbike tax and insurance about three weeks ago.

On Saturday morning beginning at 9:00 a.m. (until 1:00 p.m. ? I think) the motor vehicle department sets up a table at the Big C (South Pattaya Rd & Sukhumvitt Rd). You go upstairs and as you are entering Big C go along the aisle between the cashiers and the small retail shops and you will see the table.

They couldn't sell me insurance and they sent me over across the street to AA Insurance (also opens at 9:00 on Saturdays) to get the insurance. AA charged me the actual price plus a 20 baht service charge. I then went back to Big C and purchased the tax sticker. Save time and go to AA Insurance first.

Very easy.

I assume "annual road tax" is the same as what I refer to as annual registration/insurance renewal (when I have to buy insurance[?] from the little shop across from the motor vehicle office).

For the Saturday morning only option, where exactly is "Big C South" and what is the exact times that it is open? Do I buy the insurance there too?

With respect to the M-F option, where exactly (near BPH) is the sub office located and what is the timing for the morning paperwork drop off? Do I buy the insurance there too?

You assume correctly - question, how can you renew the registration as it is already registered ? As long as you have the registration book the vehicle is registered period - what you need every year is the Road Tax.

• Like 1

On Saturday morning beginning at 9:00 a.m. (until 1:00 p.m. ? I think) the motor vehicle department sets up a table at the Big C (South Pattaya Rd & Sukhumvitt Rd). You go upstairs and as you are entering Big C go along the aisle between the cashiers and the small retail shops and you will see the table.

They couldn't sell me insurance and they sent me over across the street to AA Insurance (also opens at 9:00 on Saturdays) to get the insurance. AA charged me the actual price plus a 20 baht service charge. I then went back to Big C and purchased the tax sticker. Save time and go to AA Insurance first.

Very easy.

Exactly what I was looking for...thanks!

You assume correctly - question, how can you renew the registration as it is already registered ? As long as you have the registration book the vehicle is registered period - what you need every year is the Road Tax.

...in the US, or at least in the ones I know about, vehicle "registration" is considered to be for one year only and thus must be renewed annually...simply a matter of semantics. Cheers.

Very easy.

Exactly what I was looking for...thanks!

AA do the tax for me as well, I think for a service charge of 100 Baht. Registration book returned in 1-2 days.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Any update on this topic.?

This AA is still way to go and they take care of everything.?

I was just told that my taxstamp or whatever that sticker is, is already a month late.facepalm.gif

Middleman like this AA can handle my bike also ?

Edited by thaitero

Remember that if the bike is over three years old then you also have to get a test certificate. It used to just be an etching of the chassis number but the last two years I've had to take it to a proper government test centre and they've checked the brakes and emissions. I renewed the tax last week and was very happy with the service provided by Boss Service which is a government registered test centre. For 690 Baht they will do the test and get the por-lor-bor (tax disc) and pra-kahn (compulsory government insurance) for you. I went there last Tuesday and all was ready on Thursday morning. They are located on the west side of Sukhumvit, before the MacDonalds near Pattaya Klang as you drive from South Pattaya Road. Look for this sign to spot Boss Service, it's the official sign for a government test centre:

Vehicle-testing-station-thailand.jpg

Thanks for the "boss" tip.

I quess it would be useful next time since my bike has 3 -year birthday about next oct/nov

Someone at local bar told that bike has to be over 5 years and after that inspection is needed?

I yesterday left my greenbook at AA-office. Girl there said i can collect my sticker and book next saturday..

At AA-office i saw also somekind of map and info also about this "boss"-place

Edited by thaitero

I've got the test certificate, insurance and tax service done between P. Klang and Nua, left hand side, about where the bridge leads to BKK/Rayong highway.

They charge a small service fee like ~50 baht, which won't let me make drive alternatively to the transportation office.

I've got the test certificate, insurance and tax service done between P. Klang and Nua, left hand side, about where the bridge leads to BKK/Rayong highway.

They charge a small service fee like ~50 baht, which won't let me make drive alternatively to the transportation office.

Yes, I use this one. Great service for 50B extra. If people need more directions then look out on the left as you pass the new Home Pro & it's before the next PTT station.

• 1 month later...

I went to Big C South last week and paid the annual tax registration for my scooter.

The info is only 1 week old and is accurate from start to finish. It was organised and also a very easy task to complete.

http://pattayatravelblog.com/renew-motorcycle-registration-pattaya

Make sure you have your green book, copy of insurance and 100 Baht and your all good.

Good, but could be good to add the fact you also need the inspection certificate if your bike is 5 yo or more. (see posts above)

I went to Big C South last week and paid the annual tax registration for my scooter.

The info is only 1 week old and is accurate from start to finish. It was organised and also a very easy task to complete.

http://pattayatravelblog.com/renew-motorcycle-registration-pattaya

Make sure you have your green book, copy of insurance and 100 Baht and your all good.

Good, but could be good to add the fact you also need the inspection certificate if your bike is 5 yo or more. (see posts above)

Thanks, i'll be sure to add it. I read this ThaiVisa post before I went to Big C South and to confirm the information is up to date as end of April 2015. They are open Saturday morning 9 AM - 12 PM. There is a desk opposite the Bag Drop counter and the registration cost is 100 Baht. You need to have a copy of the compulsory insurance that can be bought outside at AA Insurance for 323 Baht. I didn't have experience with the inspection certificate because my bike is 2 years old, but good to know. Thanks.

Edited by ptbinfo

Yes, I use this one. Great service for 50B extra. If people need more directions then look out on the left as you pass the new Home Pro & it's before the next PTT station.

How long do you need to leave the bike with them for - as I presume it cannot all be done "in-house"?

You may wait there until they finished the inspection. It just lasts about 15 minutes.

After that leave only the green book with them. Pick it up two days later with all of the required documents and the tax sticker.

Very convenient!