Russia expects 'straightforward' extradition of alleged mob boss captured in Thailand

webfact

Russia Expects "Straightforward" Extradition of Alleged Mob Boss

14037758581403775881l.jpg
Alleged Russian born mafia leader Alexander Matusov ® attends a press conference with police at the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok, Thailand, 25 June 2014 (DPA).

BANGKOK (DPA) — Russia does not foresee problems in extraditing a suspected mob boss that was captured in Thailand, an embassy official said Thursday.

"We are just waiting for Interpol officers to come to Bangkok and begin the extradition process," said Alexander Myrkin, a press officer at the Russian embassy in Bangkok.

Alexander Matusov was captured on Wednesday in the city of Chonburi, 100 km east of Bangkok.

He is of accused of leading a criminal group in Russia that has been responsible for over 60 murders and other criminal activity.

Matusov entered Thailand in 2009 using a fake passport and has been living in the country on a retirement visa ever since, Thai immigration police in Chonburi said.

"This (extradition) will not be a long process like the Viktor Bout case. We expect it to be straightforward," Myrkin said.

Arms dealer Viktor Bout was at the centre of a long extradition battle between Russia and the United States.

He was extradited to the US in 2010 after spending two years in a Thai prison.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1403775858&section=00

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-06-27

Well fashion went out the window with that shirt! At least the mafia in the USA dress with a little more class......but not much!

And Matusov is wearing the same shirt in the picture on the board behind him. Which makes me wonder how long he has been wearing it? sick.gif And underwear....OK lets not go there!

• Like 1

It has not been stated that he's been involved in any criminality here in Thailand, except if he really did enter on a fake passport.

And it is stated that he is "accused" of being the leader of a criminal gang,

So all I can gather from that is that he's entitled to be considered innocent until proven otherwise.

Amazing, never saw a Ruskie in my days there...

I guess Thailand has their? what together...

So let us see... What did they trade?

Good against the bad? Thailand needs to rethink...

Just in my humble opinion....

Support the good expats, and screw the rest....

kilosierra

Was not 100% sure but was on the BTS from Nana a few weeks back and the guy standing right next to me sure did look like the ugly melon head ruski wanted for the decapitated murder down on Samui a few months back.He got off at Siam station!

I don't know what the fuss is about. he was on a Retirement 'Extension', requiring he have 800,000 baht in his bank account, which is what Thailand wants. Lots of High End (read wealthy) expats? What's the problem?

Well fashion went out the window with that shirt! At least the mafia in the USA dress with a little more class......but not much!

And Matusov is wearing the same shirt in the picture on the board behind him. Which makes me wonder how long he has been wearing it? sick.gif And underwear....OK lets not go there!

Groundhog day?

Well fashion went out the window with that shirt!...And Matusov is wearing the same shirt in the picture on the board behind him. Which makes me wonder how long he has been wearing it? And underwear....!

Ever hear about the deadly, freezing cold winters in Russia - they last 5-6 months!

Was not 100% sure but was on the BTS from Nana a few weeks back and the guy standing right next to me sure did look like the ugly melon head ruski wanted for the decapitated murder down on Samui a few months back.He got off at Siam station!

Might be hard to believe, but this is probably the wrong place for an anonymous report to most wanted.

Do the Russians realise they are dealing with Thai ' law ' where things are not always so straightforward ?

Not this time my friend.

With all the bad press Thailand has received lately, the junta will jump on this opportunity to portray its cooperation in fighting crime and commitment to being a responsible world citizen :)

Why is nobody pointing the dreaded finger at him, is he getting special treatment already?

I'm sure he is. I won't be too surprised if see him living free again in Thailand or Cambodia or in a few months time. Probably on a retirement visa again but under a different name and perhaps on an Uzbek (or some other part of CIS) passport?

Groundhog day?

Someone should tell him his camouflage isn't working but he may have figured it out by now.

Yes please, a straightforward extradition would be good. what would be even better is if they rounded up all his friends and sent them back as a group package. Good riddance !

Thai Police would need an entire new division just to round up and extradite all the foreign criminals who slip through the sieve-like farang land borders and incompetent "hands" of foreign police.

The tea money collected in Europe and America alone from arrested, convicted and incarcerated criminals who miraculously board flights to Thailand unhindered by immigrations or the police in those countries would probably rival some third world GDPs.

There should be a separate immigrations queue at Suvarnabhumi for incoming foreigners fleeing incompetent western police on false passports and another for outgoing prisoners being extradited and accompanied by foreign police on free holidays sent to collect them.

POLICE+24MAR14.jpg

post-145917-0-87453000-1403850863_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Alexander Matusov ® attends a press conference with police.

Did he have a choice? Wouldn't it be more like "Alexander Matusov is paraded before the media by the police."

Sounds as though they are choosing their words; Alex doesn't look too fussed in the picture. What if he comes back?

One guy in Oz at this guys level? had a whole wing for himself: guards loved it as it was drug free wing, plus they got rib eye on Fridays.

this guy can use some years in a thai jail, he will shed the pounds like it is icecream in the sun on a bangkok prison diet

just wondering, do you have to do visa extentions on a fake passport ?

loooooooool

Edited by belg