Dead Bruda whale washed ashore in Samut Prakan

webfact

there are old whale skeletons on display in the yard of a monastery at the peninsula near Sattahip Port. They must have always been around here even in warmer waters

If this is actually a Brydes Whale, and not some made in Thailand rip-off, then a brief wiki search will reveal that they inhabit a band around the entire earth, (the wet bits anyway), that stretches between the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn. Quite a capacious area. (If it's the cheap Thai knock off version, they probably only exist on amulets and in the septic waters of the Gulf of Thailand, extracting oxygen from plastics bags and devouring the corpses of other unrecognizable oceanic/humanoid species. Cut down the mangroves... they just get in the way of these poor beasts. God bless.

There appears to be a trend , die offs are way to common these days The test results will be interesting, Radiation , pollution, lack of food.

Suicide.

Things live and things die.

Ever heard of old age.

At 11m that was a full adult and could well have come to the end of its natural life.

They will have taken all the usual samples and will be able to determine if there is any unnatural causes.

In todays world, it seems whales seldom die of natural causes, this death appears to have been from a fishing net:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/739810-fishing-net-may-have-caused-whales-death-chulalongkorn-university/

would it already have been dead before it reached where it lay?

or would the settling of it down upon that sharp-looking mangrove/bamboo-looking bed of spikes - be the final shock?

Are the brydes whales the only species you see?

-*I typed this myself*-

For whales, Bryde's are the only ones we have spotted in the Gulf. There is other marine life like Dolphins, Whale Sharks and Dugongs as well.

...it's always the good-guys get netted/beached, like the whales etc

They like the dolphins etc get caught in nets...

why just why can't it be the sharks? but, I guess with walnut brains, sharks don't need to think, or suicide - all they do is eat their way out

...it's always the good-guys get netted/beached, like the whales etc

They like the dolphins etc get caught in nets...

why just why can't it be the sharks? but, I guess with walnut brains, sharks don't need to think, or suicide - all they do is eat their way out

You can almost hear those whales singing just before they beach

Eternal father, strong to save

whose arm hath bound the restless wave

who bidd'st the mighty ocean deep

its own appointed limits keep

Oh,hear us when we cry to thee

For those in peril on the sea.

Are the brydes whales the only species you see?

-*I typed this myself*-

For whales, Bryde's are the only ones we have spotted in the Gulf. There is other marine life like Dolphins, Whale Sharks and Dugongs as well.

Thanks. I enjoyed those photos at the site.

-*I typed this myself*-