Chinese French Italian or Westen food in Ubon ratchathani

Arthur Jones

I know about the Japanese restraunt and KFC in Tesco and Peppers the TC bar McDonalds, can anyone

recomend any other restraunts that provide Westen food in Ubon

These are all good places to Dine but I think there must be others worth a visit if you know of any please give directions and a name I think this could be of interest cheers

I like Sizzlers in Central Plaza

Sizzlers freaking s-cks.

And you don't hear the Italian owner speaking a similar English:

One day an Italian Man went to a restaurant in Ubon Ratchathani and wanted two pieces of toast, and the waiter gives him one, and the Italian man says "I want two piece" The waiter said "go to the toilet" The Man says "You no understand I want two piece on my plate" then the waiter says "You better not piss on the plate you son of a bitch!" The man says "I did not even know her and she calls me a Son of a Beach?" Then he goes to a bigger restaurant and finds himself with a spoon and a knife but no fork, he says "I want a fock" the waiter says "Everybody wants to fcku " and he says "You no understand I want to fock on the table" and the waiter says "You better not on the table you son of a bitch!" Then later he goes to a hotel and in bed he doesn't have a sheet "Call the manager im telle him i wanna sheet!" says the Italian man, then the other guy says "Go to the toliet" and the Italian man say "You no understand I wanna sheet in my bed!" and the other guy says you better not shit in the bed you son of a bitch!" and the Italian man goes to the check out corner and the check out says "Peace on you" and the Italian man says "PISS ON YOU TOO, YOU SON OF A BEACH! I'M GOING BACK TO ITALY!" 

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 2

Have a try : http://www.weloveubon.com/ubon-international-restaurants.html

A tad out of date. How about peppers opposite the wing 21. Excellent food, beer, wine and cocktails. The best breakfast anywhere.

Well John, Peppers may very well have the best breakfast anywhere, but in my experience it has never been opened at breakfast time. Not once. I have tried popping in at 6 am, 6:30 am, 7 am and even as really late as 7:30 am. Never once has Pepppers been open for breakfast. As far as I am concerned Peppers is a no-go for breakfast for us workers.

Have a try : http://www.weloveubon.com/ubon-international-restaurants.html

A tad out of date. How about peppers opposite the wing 21. Excellent food, beer, wine and cocktails. The best breakfast anywhere.

Well John, Peppers may very well have the best breakfast anywhere, but in my experience it has never been opened at breakfast time. Not once. I have tried popping in at 6 am, 6:30 am, 7 am and even as really late as 7:30 am. Never once has Pepppers been open for breakfast. As far as I am concerned Peppers is a no-go for breakfast for us workers.

Hello Michael, Nice to hear from you. I was in Peppers in May, not early as 6.00am as I was preparing for my wedding. I went in around 9.00 and the breakky was great. I just opened my new business in Prachuap Khiri Khan and we also serve a great breakfast here. When you can drag your self away from working please come and pay a visit. www.twiggsbakeryandcafe.com. cheers for now. John

• Like 2

Geeeze mate, your a glutton for punishment aren't ya! Fancy going back to the same joint four times only to always find it always closed. Bit silly eh?

• Like 2

Geeeze mate, your a glutton for punishment aren't ya! Fancy going back to the same joint four times only to always find it always closed. Bit silly eh?

Silly isn't appropriate. Is it really that difficult to ask them, when they open up? I'm sure they'd offer their nice breakfast already at six o' clock, if more than one customer would want to have breakfast at this time.

Sorry, the no go for workers doesn't make sense, as most workers don't have the time, or money to have such an opulent breakfast.

I'm concerned Peppers would be a "yes go", if you'd ask them. And it's free.As far as I remember do they speak quite a few languages, as well.

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

So are there any Ubon western stlye breakfast places open at 6 am? Last time I was in Ubon that early no one not even thai places were open. this is not to complain, I really want to know so I have someplace to ride to before traffic get scary.

Please don't be so hard on them. And if/when you do so, then tell them 6 am. It would make sense to have a breakfast place on the weekend.

I don't think too many guys would show up from Monday to Friday to have breakfast at 6 o' clock. Wait, there was one.

The guy who's whining that he'd to wait outside three times and nobody had let him in. You guys at Peppers are so mean...Talk soon. Cheers

• Like 1

I like Sizzlers in Central Plaza

Sizzlers freaking s-cks.

And you don't hear the Italian owner speaking a similar English:

One day an Italian Man went to a restaurant in Ubon Ratchathani and wanted two pieces of toast, and the waiter gives him one, and the Italian man says "I want two piece" The waiter said "go to the toilet" The Man says "You no understand I want two piece on my plate" then the waiter says "You better not piss on the plate you son of a bitch!" The man says "I did not even know her and she calls me a Son of a Beach?" Then he goes to a bigger restaurant and finds himself with a spoon and a knife but no fork, he says "I want a fock" the waiter says "Everybody wants to fcku " and he says "You no understand I want to fock on the table" and the waiter says "You better not on the table you son of a bitch!" Then later he goes to a hotel and in bed he doesn't have a sheet "Call the manager im telle him i wanna sheet!" says the Italian man, then the other guy says "Go to the toliet" and the Italian man say "You no understand I wanna sheet in my bed!" and the other guy says you better not shit in the bed you son of a bitch!" and the Italian man goes to the check out corner and the check out says "Peace on you" and the Italian man says "PISS ON YOU TOO, YOU SON OF A BEACH! I'M GOING BACK TO ITALY!" 

Sorry, am I  missing something or is this a true story

You're missing something that it's a true story. Happened at Sunne Grand Hotel a few moons ago...

• Like 1

Great info from Julian above.  I'll add just a couple more...

Y Loft-  New restaurant just opened in May, located behind the McDonalds in Ubon Sqaure (near Big C).  Varied menu with lots of Italian, American, and European food.  I've been there 3 or 4 times and all entrees I've had have been good to excellent, depending on the dish.  Sangria is excellent.  Cocktails- some are great and some are over-sweetened & under-boozed as is often the case in Thailand.

Risotto- The other Italian option in town.  Not as well known as Spago, but its been around a long time and has a loyal following.  They just moved to a new location on some soi (don't remember which one) off of Chaiyakong Rd (Hwy 24).  They have been closed for the build out at the new location- not sure if they're open yet or not.

Oshin- New, high-end Japanese restaurant located in the city, about 0.5 km from Thung Si Muang park.  Ate here once, food was pretty good but a questionable value as quite expensive for what you get.  They have rolls like you find in Sushi restaurants in the States and other countries (ie Dragon Roll, Volcano Roll, etc.) though they're just OK compared to home, not great, and pricey at over 300 B a roll.  Portions are fairly small too.  Had some eel that was really good, but 500 baht for a very small appetizer portion.  They have sashimi kobe steaks for prices of 6000 B & more (200 grams)- didn't try those.  Expect to spend at least 1000B per person here to get full, and possibly be underwhelmed for the amount you spent.

Cheers,  Brent

Did anybody try the Sushi restaurants in Central Plaza? Was there with a colleague, the one takes 390 baht for eat all you can in 90 minutes for 350 baht.

It was good, but I personally prefer food at Peppers. Love the Mexican food as well as the European and Italian. 

But if I want to eat Italian food, I surely go to Spago. 

The OP asked about Chinese restaurants. Has anyone ever been to Hongfah? I must have driven past it a few hundred times but have never dropped in.

https://plus.google.com/117367316607802546014/about?hl=en&gl=au

I've been there a couple of times, and to me the food is tasteless. Waste of time! wink.png

• Like 1