Bangkok: Husband confesses to killing wife, 7-months pregnant

webfact

Husband confesses to killing wife, 7-months pregnant
By Digital Content

14048078687027.jpg

BANGKOK, July 8 -- Police have taken the husband of a slain pregnant government official into custody after the suspect's mother went to the authorities.

Polprom Watcharasirinan, husband of senior Office of Insurance Commission (OIC), confessed to his mother to killing his wife, Pisutthinee Watcharasirinan, who was 7 months pregnant.

Mrs Pisutthinee was found dead in her apartment with multiple stab wounds on Saturday.

Police presented evidence indicating the last person to have seen the victim alive was her husband, Polprom Watcharasirinan, who disappeared with the couple's two daughters after the victim was killed.

The husband, now suspected by officers from Phahonyothin Police Station as the killer, has been taken into police custody for interrogation, but he was unable to speak coherently.

Earlier today, the suspect's mother, Chantanee Watcharasirinan, went to the Phahonyothin police to inform them of her son's confession.

She said her son told her that he had killed his wife on an impulse, and did not know what he was doing.

The victim's mother told the police that 20 years ago, the suspect was addicted to strong sleeping pills, Domicom, and was hospitalised before getting married.

Afterward, the suspect lost all contact with his family.

Meanwhile, a talk with the victim's two daughters showed that the girls thought that their mother had been asleep.

The suspect has been taken to the Forensics Department for fingerprint samples and DNA verification. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-07-08

first the train incident and now this in the space of a few days - I feel sorry for the female population of Thailand with such frequent incidents of violence against them

Yep, there is just no end to it here. Thank God the 2 girls were ok.

first the train incident and now this in the space of a few days - I feel sorry for the female population of Thailand with such frequent incidents of violence against them

Happens in every country in the world mate. not just Thai women.

Lock the offenders in a room with the victims family. Let them do what they want. killing the f'ers is allowable.

What country do you live in? happens all over the world my friend, has nothing to do with Thailand! For the life of me I can not understand why people are so down on Thailand?

If I hated a country so much that I had to degrade it at every opportunity I'd sure as hell not be wasting my time on one of their websites. I happen to think Thailand is a great country and enjoy spending as much time as I can there. Sure it has problems....But I haven't seen any other place who doesn't.

• Like 1

Killer found incoherent with a history of addiction to Dormicum (Midazolam)?

Side effects of taking midazolam include anterograde amnesia (unable to recall or remember anything that happened AFTER taking the drug)

"In susceptible individuals, midazolam has been known to cause a paradoxical reaction, a well-documented complication with benzodiazapines. When this occurs, the individual may experience anxiety, involuntary movements, aggressive or violent behavior, uncontrollable crying or verbalization, and other similar effects."

Despite the reported side effects I would think you need motive.

Edited by smileydude

Coincidence. I know this guys brother. He is a neighbor of my sister in law. Actually not a nice guy...always angry if someone parks to near his house... most neighbors are scared of him...

Safe to say the guy has some serious issues. I wonder if the psychological/medical community here is advanced enough to pick up on things like this? Sounds like this might have been a fairly functional individual if he was properly medicated? Biploar? Schizophrenia? Manic depressive? Is that kind of diagnosis relatively uncommon here? You just do not hear about many Thais that are on meds for psych disorders. Is it a financial issue? Or does the state not take these kinds of things seriously? Anybody with info on this area?

graig shuler , where do you get Thailand is a great country from ?? do you live here emmmmmm NO , your just a visitor who comes and goes so you have no clue on living here , comment on the facts of what makes Thailand so great , give us some examples , you will be struggling to find any , it certainly wont be thai peoples winning personalities !