Using A Visa Service For Fiance Visa

I am an American in the process of getting a fiance visa to bring over my Thai girl. She is really sweating the whole procedure and she has to do most of it alone as I am over here working stateside now. I have sent her are the paperwork that I could (including the support form and supporting documents). Also, she has photos of us together, paperwork for a car we bought with both our names on it, and also a house we rented with both our names on it. Is it worth using one of those visa services companies or keep going it alone? I see a few of them charge over 40,000baht. She is really scared that she will screw something up or that they (the embassy folks) won't treat her well. Her sister went through the Australlian embassy and I guess was just torn apart and made to feel like trash by their Thai staff. So much so, that her sister's husband finally used a visa service agency out of Ozzland. Any wisdom will be appreciated.

I did the US K1 visa by myself with no problem at all. Your girl has nothing to worry about until the interview with the consular officer at the very end, after her application has already been approved by US immigration. I suggest you make a trip to BKK to be with her for the interview... to be honest I seriously doubt the visa would have been granted had I not been there by her side. The officer spoke primarily to me and only asked my GF a couple of simple questions.

You need to properly fill out the application and supplementary forms, gather all the supporting evidence, then doublecheck and make sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed. Your girl will need to fill out a portion of the application in Thai and sign it, but other than that there's really nothing for her to do in the initial stage of the process. After you mail in the completed application, it's just a matter of waiting for them to notify you that they've received it, and then waiting for the approval/denial.

Once the application is approved your GF will need to get her police report and medical exam in BKK and put together the package of information for the US embassy, including your affadavit of support. As I said, the only part of the process it is really critical for you to be there for is the interview. You will get the interview date, I believe, when she submits the packet to the embassy.

I could write lots more but rather than waste time and bandwidth, just ask if you have any specific questions.

Good luck... just do your due diligence, prepare and be with your GF for the interview, and you should have no problems.

Hi gb71fa,

I would suggest at least having a bash yourself, if you get into any difficulties post on this forum.

If you are still in difficulties and are set on using an agent, give Scouse a shot, he is accredited with the OISC.

One difficulty maybe is he is UK based and not US, but maybe thats not a problem, maybe it is.

There is a lot of trusted knowledge on this forum, I would tend to use and have done so several occaisions.

Regards

Moss

Is the interview where they give her the visa or is that later on down the road? How many days in advance will she get about the interview date? Thank you for all the info.

Usually the visa candidate is given a month (or more) notice about their appointment. I believe if the visa is approved, it is given the day of the interview.

I recommend that you attend the interview with your fiance. It adds more validity to your relationship.

One thing I can say that s*cks about the US Embassy (in BKK), is that they send the Packet 3 to the visa candidate (your fiance), and not to the petitioner (you). If your fiance is not fluent with English, I recommend that she send you the forms for you to complete (with information she provides you when needed). When you arrive for her interview in Thailand, have her complete anything that requires Thai script and her signature prior to going to the Embassy.

Is the interview where they give her the visa or is that later on down the road? How many days in advance will she get about the interview date? Thank you for all the info.

Usually the visa candidate is given a month (or more) notice about their appointment. I believe if the visa is approved, it is given the day of the interview.

I recommend that you attend the interview with your fiance. It adds more validity to your relationship.

One thing I can say that s*cks about the US Embassy (in BKK), is that they send the Packet 3 to the visa candidate (your fiance), and not to the petitioner (you). If your fiance is not fluent with English, I recommend that she send you the forms for you to complete (with information she provides you when needed). When you arrive for her interview in Thailand, have her complete anything that requires Thai script and her signature prior to going to the Embassy.

Right, as I recall there was about one month's notice for the interview. They will grant the visa at the interview but will not issue it on the spot anymore, it will be put in your GF's passport and then mailed to her within a couple of days.

Regarding the Packet 3, she can pick it up at the embassy after your application is approved by USCIS. The form you will need to fill out at that point (the affadavit of support) you can download from the US government website.