Suthep becomes a monk

webfact

Excuses, my dear chap, if all the nonsense here makes it look like my orientation becomes clear, let me help you.

With all those posts suggesting k. Suthep is 'hiding', 'trying to escape justice' and more of that I simply wonder how that came to be. Unlike some k. Suthep always stated to stay to face any charges against him, even ridiculous ones.

Unlike some k. Suthep always stated to stay to face any charges against him, even ridiculous ones.

Well apart from the time he resigned as an MP from parliament to avoid facing charges for violating the constitution by holding shares in a media firm which received concessions from parliament , do you mean?

• Like 1

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this earlier and the pics.

Hes well qualified to walk the streets

I just won a another bet of a beer from one of my friends since I said he would as soon as I saw his kid had ordained and  was told to shut up by the Junta biggrin.png

If he starts going around and blessing houses or cars etc ill win a full blown meal thumbsup.gif

After he was detained did you notice his arm was in a sling? I saw that on the news and they didn't mention it of course, I wonder why he had to have it in a sling..

Anyway also I saw him in robes with 2 other monks nearly a month ago, so this is old news but still something to smile about.

It's an injury caused by writing cheques to pay the rice farmers apparently. OK, that's obviously not true.

Apparently the real reason is because of that ridiculous fist shaking routine suthep and the faithful did whilst playing Luang Wijit's patriotic song, Ton Trakul Thai (Thai ancestor), the one that the PDRC image makers had adopted as a theme tune.

I kid you not coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Excuses, my dear chap, if all the nonsense here makes it look like my orientation becomes clear, let me help you.

With all those posts suggesting k. Suthep is 'hiding', 'trying to escape justice' and more of that I simply wonder how that came to be. Unlike some k. Suthep always stated to stay to face any charges against him, even ridiculous ones.

Unlike some k. Suthep always stated to stay to face any charges against him, even ridiculous ones.

Well apart from the time he resigned as an MP from parliament to avoid facing charges for violating the constitution by holding shares in a media firm which received concessions from parliament , do you mean?

I didn't know we were allowed to dig up such relevant items. 

"party's secretary-general Suthep, who stepped down as a Surat Thani MP following an Election Commission ruling that shares he (and many other MPs) held violated the Constitution. Suthep's resignation led to the by-election."

Note the "following" there ?

"Mr Suthep was one of 28 Democrat MPs investigated for the alleged offence.

The EC has recommended the disqualification of 13, including Mr Suthep, for breaching the shareholding ban.

The charter prohibits MPs from holding stakes in media and telecom firms and from holding shares in firms granted state concessions. The recommendation will be forwarded to the Constitution Court.

Mr Suthep said he had decided to quit as an MP because he did not want to get involved in an imminent drawn-out court battle."

http://thailandjumpedtheshark.blogspot.com/2009_07_12_archive.html

So, it would seem he made use of a legal possibility. Maybe the NRC and/or CDC should be made aware of the possibility to use laws in this unintended fashion? 

I didn't know we were allowed to dig up such relevant items. 

"party's secretary-general Suthep, who stepped down as a Surat Thani MP following an Election Commission ruling that shares he (and many other MPs) held violated the Constitution. Suthep's resignation led to the by-election."

Note the "following" there ?

"Mr Suthep was one of 28 Democrat MPs investigated for the alleged offence.

The EC has recommended the disqualification of 13, including Mr Suthep, for breaching the shareholding ban.

The charter prohibits MPs from holding stakes in media and telecom firms and from holding shares in firms granted state concessions. The recommendation will be forwarded to the Constitution Court.

Mr Suthep said he had decided to quit as an MP because he did not want to get involved in an imminent drawn-out court battle."

http://thailandjumpedtheshark.blogspot.com/2009_07_12_archive.html

So, it would seem he made use of a legal possibility. Maybe the NRC and/or CDC should be made aware of the possibility to use laws in this unintended fashion? 

At the risk of drawing this out unnecessarily, can you tell me how anything in your post above makes one iota of difference to my statement that suthep did not stay to face charges - he resigned to avoid those charges being made.Those charges of violating the constitution could only be made by the Constitutional Court on the recommendation of the EC. suthep resigned before that recommendation for investigation could be made.

So despite all your bluster, my statement is correct, yours,  "Suthep always stated (stayed?) to stay to face any charges against him, even ridiculous ones" was not.

Edited by fab4

One can only hope he engages in some contemplation. There is a lot of room for improvement in this shallow, greedy, power hungry man child. He was responsible for bringing a lot of instability to his country, for a very long time. He is a poor example of a leader. His list of personal qualities is probably very small. Being a monk could do this man a lot of good, if this is something he takes as seriously as destabilizing his nation, or extracting money from his home province of Surat Thani. 

he achieved what many said he could not getting rid of vile shins and i my thai wife family and many this are truly grateful to him

well done Suphet and thank you from me my this wife her family and many many Thais

and Taksin red shirt brainwashed idiots can just go and sulk because bo ho your hero lost and thank goodness  

• Like 1

One can only hope he engages in some contemplation. There is a lot of room for improvement in this shallow, greedy, power hungry man child. He was responsible for bringing a lot of instability to his country, for a very long time. He is a poor example of a leader. His list of personal qualities is probably very small. Being a monk could do this man a lot of good, if this is something he takes as seriously as destabilizing his nation, or extracting money from his home province of Surat Thani. 

he achieved what many said he could not getting rid of vile shins and i my thai wife family and many this are truly grateful to him

well done Suphet and thank you from me my this wife her family and many many Thais

and Taksin red shirt brainwashed idiots can just go and sulk because bo ho your hero lost and thank goodness  

Yes he (in cahoots with the judiciary and military) got rid of the vile shins, and handed power back to the equally vile amart.  Don't be fooled by a couple of short-term PR stunts.  

At the risk of drawing this out unnecessarily, can you tell me how anything in your post above makes one iota of difference to my statement that suthep did not stay to face charges - he resigned to avoid those charges being made.Those charges of violating the constitution could only be made by the Constitutional Court on the recommendation of the EC. suthep resigned before that recommendation for investigation could be made.

So despite all your bluster, my statement is correct, yours,  "Suthep always stated (stayed?) to stay to face any charges against him, even ridiculous ones" was not.

Completely agree, risky drawout.

Stay cool and consider a few months in 'retraite' to contemplate the state of being.

BTW there is a difference between 'stating to stay' and actually doing or not doing so. 

• Like 1

Yes he (in cahoots with the judiciary and military) got rid of the vile shins, and handed power back to the equally vile amart.  Don't be fooled by a couple of short-term PR stunts.  

The 'power' is in the hands of the NCPO, posters here tell me.

Of course if you would be able to explain what and who you mean by the 'evil amart' we could judge if that the same.

• Like 1