Well Run Condos

Hi, With all the condos that are available in Jomtien and Pattaya can anybody recommend a condo development that is

1. Built

2.Well managed

3. Reasonable priced 1-4m Baht

4. Good position

5. Min 1 bed

the View Taley list is so big and really the places are a bit over populated.

Many thanks :o

"the places are a bit over populated."

Huh? Do you mean there are too many buildings, and you're looking for a smaller development? Or, are you concerned that there aren't enough empty apartments available for sale in a building?

I would recommend the Baan Suan Lalana complex in south Jomtien off Soi Chaiyapruk. It is a beautiful gated community with great security. It is a housing community as well as having condos. The condo buildings are low rise at five stories. There are six condo buildings. The whole complex is very well maintained and the Olympic size swimming pools are sparkling clean. It is less than a kilometer from the beach.

The last time I checked the condos were only 20 percent farang owned so it should be no problem getting one in your own name. And yes, I have a corner unit there but it is NOT for sale. The maintenance cost is 10 baht per square meter. My unit is 60 square meters so I pay 600 baht per month. The maintenance fund is very fat and the past two years they have given back some to each owner. I got back 2,000 baht. If I remember correctly there is about 20 million baht in the fund.

"the places are a bit over populated."

Huh? Do you mean there are too many buildings, and you're looking for a smaller development? Or, are you concerned that there aren't enough empty apartments available for sale in a building?

Hello,

Having been in View Taley they are just to big a building , to many floors ect.Looking for a smaller complex.View taley also has the shops, cleaners ect on the ground floor, for me thats not so good.Security is also pretty poor there from what I saw of the guard sat on a stall chatting to his friends.

I would recommend the Baan Suan Lalana complex in south Jomtien off Soi Chaiyapruk. It is a beautiful gated community with great security. It is a housing community as well as having condos. The condo buildings are low rise at five stories. There are six condo buildings. The whole complex is very well maintained and the Olympic size swimming pools are sparkling clean. It is less than a kilometer from the beach.

The last time I checked the condos were only 20 percent farang owned so it should be no problem getting one in your own name. And yes, I have a corner unit there but it is NOT for sale. The maintenance cost is 10 baht per square meter. My unit is 60 square meters so I pay 600 baht per month. The maintenance fund is very fat and the past two years they have given back some to each owner. I got back 2,000 baht. If I remember correctly there is about 20 million baht in the fund.

Hi, Many thanks,

Do you know what price they are fetching and if anybody/agent has any available? :o

Catalina condo on Jomtien second road corner soi 7 (Mermaid) looks like a small reasonably priced developement. Construction was real slow for a while, but now sems to have picked up.

Another developement to check out is the Jomtien beach Resident Condominium located on Jomtien Beach Road soi 9, opposite Maesriruen restaurant. Construction is nearly finished, and the place is managed by the same folks as Resident Gardens and Jomtien Boathouse

Very, very, few well maintained buildings.

Managing a building is a position to exploit for profit.

Doing the actual managing comes in low on the priority list.

It's 'how much can I steal" that's important.

Thanks,

The question was do you know of any good managed properties, not theusual ans that always seems to appear on this site... `No but I know of lots that are poorly managed!.. So do I, I just want the good ones!!!!!!!!

Sounds great! Approximately, how much for a one bedroom condo?

Thanks!

The single studios are 41 square meters and are now selling for about 1.2 million baht. They are too small for a bedroom so you will need a double or corner unit. The corner units are 60 square meters. Some have a separate bedroom and some don't but making a separate bedroom is fairly easily done. Those go for about 2 million baht. The double studios about 2.4 million. Once in a while there will be a corner unit with a studio attached. Those are really nice and go for about 3.0 million. Pattaya Mail Classifieds usually has a few advertised on their web page. If you go to Lalana there is a separate office for the three blocks of two buildings each. Ask anyone where the office is. The girls in the office know what's going on and will tell you what is available. You shouldn't need any agents. The front buildings especially the first street side (TA) building will have the most expensive units because they are a little more conveniently located. The minimart is directly across the street.

Sounds great! Approximately, how much for a one bedroom condo?

Thanks!

Edited by Gary A