Proper Rain Coat, where to buy? who sells?

Pralaad

Trying to find a place that sells decent, proper rain coats full length.

Somethin like Drizabone or similar, just not the cheap plastic which rips after 1 wear.

Anyone know a place to purchase in Pattaya or may be on line but mailed from Thailand.

I would need XL or XXL , full length.

Thanks in advance

I think I have seen them in Super Sports (2nd floor Big C Second Road) but if you have a few days I will have a look and report back, as I need to pick up my new glasses in one of the opticians on the first floor

Edit: Just reread your post and I don't think they have the real good quality you are looking for, but still will have a look.

Edited by MJCM

I really wouldn't wear a full length rain coat in Pattaya, I'd give it half hour before you're arrested.

Are you planning to wear anything underneath it?

cheesy.gif You one track dirty mindtongue.png

I take my dogs out twice per day, so i need full length when i drive and walk in the park

I think I have seen them in Super Sports (2nd floor Big C Second Road) but if you have a few days I will have a look and report back, as I need to pick up my new glasses in one of the opticians on the first floor

Thank you.

I think i have seen what they have, from memory its PVC type. Lasts about 1 week and starts to rip.

Also with dogs jumping and pulling need something stronger.

But thank you in advance if you report back on what they have.wai.gif

The way the weather has been lately, it is unlikely that said garment would ever get wet.

Anyone know where I can buy a rain dance suit?

If you cut back on alcohol and spend little time outdoors, not inside bars, you might notice rain every day

Ah! you mean the black gaberdine belted type,the ones so favoured in the 1940s,1950s type. For that also you have to be wearing the round wired NHS type goggles and a black beret,something like the "some mothers do 'ave em "type.

Definitely the way forward,can see the bar girls down New Plaza especially at Mickeys British beer bar having a interest in you

• Like 1

Sorry bout that. From my phone I can't see if it is from sections. Apologize.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes you can, if you slide all the way to the Top, you still can see the sections where a topic has been posted. I see them both on my iPad and my iPhone.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

> Trying to find a place that sells decent, proper rain coats full length.

Not sure exactly the quality & type you want,

but you find some rather good ones 100-150 baht in most BigC and similar shops.

You may find the 20-30 baht ones too, like in 7/11, but agree they are more of the one-use only type.

Edited by Pattaya46

> Trying to find a place that sells decent, proper rain coats full length.

Not sure exactly the quality & type you want,

but you find some rather good ones 100-150 baht in most BigC and similar shops.

You may find the 20-30 baht ones too, like in 7/11, but agree they are more of the one-use only type.

I was referring to the good ones which are 1000 baht up. Something lIke drizabone ,not made from plastic and do not fall apart after 1 week.

The ones in big c, are plastic and do not last more than a week.

I was referring to the good ones which are 1000 baht up. Something lIke drizabone ,...

Ok. I don't know. But I don't understand the need in Thailand ?? It's not UK here. wink.png

The ones in big c, are plastic and do not last more than a week.

What do you do to them? I have one in my motorbike box in case of the rain arrive.

I bought it about 100 baht at bigC the day I bough my box... 3+ years ago! wink.png

Thank you.

I think i have seen what they have, from memory its PVC type. Lasts about 1 week and starts to rip.

Also with dogs jumping and pulling need something stronger.

But thank you in advance if you report back on what they have.wai.gif

Just came back and Super Sports (Big C 2nd Road) doesn't have any. I looked at the other shops there and if they have any the only have the "el cheapos"

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

The way the weather has been lately, it is unlikely that said garment would ever get wet.

If you cut back on alcohol and spend little time outdoors, not inside bars, you might notice rain every day

FYI I'm not much of a drinker and didn't move to Thailand to get laid. It was a joke that I guess flew over your head.

Sent from my iPad

Drizabone etc are not sold in Thailand - too hot to be practicable would be my guess why.

For something similar as in good quality I would firstly have a look in the export shops. 71 and Export in Central, and 71 is in shopping mall on second row next to the Big C near to Pattaya Klang. they will have your size and always have a range of rain coats etc.

Further to that if there is nothing there, then you have a few places like NorthFace in Central that might have something for you.

Good luck

FYI I'm not much of a drinker and didn't move to Thailand to get laid. It was a joke that I guess flew over your head.

Sent from my iPad

Yeah, thread where to buy rain coat must be really amusingrolleyes.gif

Drizabone etc are not sold in Thailand - too hot to be practicable would be my guess why.

For something similar as in good quality I would firstly have a look in the export shops. 71 and Export in Central, and 71 is in shopping mall on second row next to the Big C near to Pattaya Klang. they will have your size and always have a range of rain coats etc.

Further to that if there is nothing there, then you have a few places like NorthFace in Central that might have something for you.

Good luck

Yeah, drizabone is too hot for Thailand, but as you said, something of good quality.

I was going to buy one from Australia but they want $ 80 postage and i am certain customs will also want their share.

Checked out Northface catalog and no full length sad.png

Will check out 71 store

Cheers