Form TM.86 Change of Visa type - Tourist to Non-Imm O for Divorce Court Case

I am currently on a 60 day double entry tourist visa but am now involved in a September court case for the divorce of my Thai wife. Being involved in a court case appears to qualify me to apply for a Non Immigrant O visa.

With the current issues of tourist visas, I thought it may be a sensible move to try and get my current tourist visa changed to a non-immigrant O visa if I can.

I notice that someone on this forum recently reported successfully using the MT.86 form which is used for changing Visa type to get a tourist visa changed to a Non Immigrant O visa based on marriage at Chaengwattana, Bangkok. (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/192826-tm-86-application-for-change-of-visa/). The form looks valid for general visa changes so I think I should eb able to use that together with my court documentation.

So does anyone have experience of getting a Non Immigrant visa for attending a court case and/or using the TM86 form. Or do I have to try to get it at a neigbouring country or maybe wont be able to get one at all

Any known issues with this?

Thak you in advance.

If your wife is cooperating, you can easily get a non-O multiple visa in Savanakhet (Laos) with the correct paperwork.

If you have your marriage certificate, copy of wife's ID card and her household registration you should be able to get a single non-O visa in a neighbouring country.

Extension based on a court case are given with proof of being involved in a court case, in your case a document form the court clerk should do. There is no need to be on a non-immigrant visa. You could get the extension on your current tourist visa.

Which issues? Tourist visa are OK, they just did a little of a show at south land border, that from most recent report largely ended already.

You should use your current visa and 30 days extensions to the most, then worry about the next move only once it gets close to expire.

You asked a similar question earlier today in another topic.http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/744161-will-i-be-refused-entry-with-an-ed-visa/?p=8126131#entry8126131

You cannot do a change of visa status unless you qualify for certain extensions of stay. One being marriage but you have to have a valid marriage and the financial proof.

You can get an extension of stay because you are involved in litigation in a court. See the post I made earlier for info.