Tourist Visa For Belgium

My GF asked last january a touist visa for 3 monthes in the Belgian Embassy.

After 3 weeks we get a negative answer.

She asks last week a tourist visa for 1 month.

She is not working, but I add a copy of my last 3 monthes salary, i write a letter telling that I paye all the expenses of her stay in Belgium included the flight ticket, I had some pictures of me and Her, a copy of my flight ticket to Thailand a copy of Thai immigration at my passport.Do I need something more?

Bye

Giorgio

hi giorgio

you can have her come over when you garentee for her for A year. You need to pickup first a paper for this at your local city hall. You will need to document income of yours supporting that you can support her.

When i checked it was 1200 euro a month minimum. You need to send this to the belgium embassy who may take up to two months for an answer. It also helps if you take out a health insurance for her ( 125 euro monthly !!)

You need to register as "Samenwonend" at the city hall and you'll have equal rights to married couples now.

It also helps if you come to thailand and make an appointment with the embassy yourself to present your papers. They will allow you to come in the afternoon.

This is a foreigner tempary visa for 1 year, not a tourist one.

If you insist on having her visit with a tourist visa , there is not much else you can do. She can of course apply to holland or germany and then walk across the border to your house :-)

Holland is less strict but needs a supporting letter from a dutch citizen.

I'm a belgian citizen in thailand now so if you need some more info PM me.

Zendesigner 2004-03-13, 17:21:32

holland or germany and then walk across the border to your house :-)

Holland is less strict but needs a supporting letter from a dutch citizen.

Zendesigner, I am totally disagree with your idea that Holland would be easier to get a visa. I am currently resident here. More and more they will make it harder for foriener to come in. Belgium embassy is the less strict than all other European embassay in Thailand. You should keep trying there with more document from your side. Trying Holland or Germany will be waste of your time and money.

Goodluck

totally disagree with your idea that Holland would be easier to get a visa. I am currently resident here. More and more they will make it harder for foriener to come in. Belgium embassy is the less strict than all other European embassay in Thailand. You should keep trying there with more document from your side. Trying Holland or Germany will be waste of your time and money.

I agree with you, Estrella, the Belgium embassy is one of the most "understanding" one, whatever understanding means,...

But whatever the country, embassies are staffed by people who have their prejudices. So the way you dress, behave or talk is quite an important factor in the decision,...

all above advices are actually helpful

and here are additional some more or less:-

pls, do keep trying to the Belgian emb.

like some already did say, would be wasteful indeed if u would switch to ask Schengen visa from other emb.

1. u are presently staying in Belgium and u r going to be her guarantor

2. from (1) this will be solid reason in the future if u & ur gf will be more than the bf/gf relationship afterall

what ur gf needs are:-

1. if she's the student, the letter from her college/uni whatever will be appropriated helpful for the reason why she's not working

2. if not, one of her family's bank statement will be another hope but he/she should have the same surname as hers

3. to go and return flight reservation

what documents u need to be as her guarantor:-

1. a copy of ur whole passport

2. a copy of ur Belgian ID or resident permission (in case if u r not Belgian)

3. letter of invitation, telling about ur relationship b/t u & ur gf (sensible) - yesss, just 'make' IT UP! as long as the story still makes 'sense' UR CREATION IS WELCOME!!? (ha-ha)

4. proof of ur income, employment, bank statement, etc.

5. NOT SURE OF THIS - legalised letter of guarantee

do not hesitate to ask them the questions, when she's taking the application at the embassy.

they might or might not 'bite' her back, nobody knows every-thing!

keep smilin

and do not give up

GOOD LUCK.

GFB-

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
all above advices are actually helpful

and here are additional some more or less:-

pls, do keep trying to the Belgian emb.

like some already did say, would be wasteful indeed if u would switch to ask Schengen visa from other emb.

1. u are presently staying in Belgium and u r going to be her guarantor

2. from (1) this will be solid reason in the future if u & ur gf will be more than the bf/gf relationship afterall

what ur gf needs are:-

1. if she's the student, the letter from her college/uni whatever will be appropriated helpful for the reason why she's not working

2. if not, one of her family's bank statement will be another hope but he/she should have the same surname as hers

3. to go and return flight reservation

what documents u need to be as her guarantor:-

1. a copy of ur whole passport

2. a copy of ur Belgian ID or resident permission (in case if u r not Belgian)

3. letter of invitation, telling about ur relationship b/t u & ur gf (sensible) - yesss, just 'make' IT UP! as long as the story still makes 'sense' UR CREATION IS WELCOME!!? (ha-ha)

4. proof of ur income, employment, bank statement, etc.

5. NOT SURE OF THIS - legalised letter of guarantee

do not hesitate to ask them the questions, when she's taking the application at the embassy.

they might or might not 'bite' her back, nobody knows every-thing!

keep smilin

and do not give up

GOOD LUCK.

GFB-

i havent had any problems when i applied for tourist visa.

but i would like to share my experience.

i went to belgium 2 times with tourist visa which my visas was granted in 3 days.

I applied for co-habitation visa on 8th March 2006

They said i will know the result in 1 month.

on 8th April i called embassy of belgium in bkk.

he said my papers were sent to belgium and now they are waiting for decision.

So i wait one more month but they still havent contacted me so i told my bf to call foreign affairs in belgium.( a friend of his mom work there)

PPL who work at AF said they still havent recieved my papers.

Then they call ppl who work at belgium embassy in bkk to Fax my papers.

They faxed my papers on that day.

4 days later the one who work at belgium embassy call me that i wil have visa when i fax my reservation ticket and he asked home come i have visa in 4 days ??? :o

I told him i know someone who works at AF in belgium.

now they feel guilty that they didnt send my papers rihgt away.

so if u applied for visa and u havent recieve a result in a month then call foreign affairs in belgium.

u cant trust ppl who work in bkk.

they dont do their job like they should.