Adsl Down In Pattaya?

raro

Since Saturday afternoon no ADSL in central Pattaya. We subscribe with TOT. Is it only me, or do others have problems as well?

TOT admits to some unspecified :problems: which will be resolved "very soon", this is the status since my first call on Saturday...

Since Saturday afternoon no ADSL in central Pattaya. We subscribe with TOT. Is it only me, or do others have problems as well?

TOT admits to some unspecified :problems: which will be resolved "very soon", this is the status since my first call on Saturday...

No problems my way!

East Sukhumvit near Underwater World.

Which seems funny as I type this with the rain just pouring down!

The problem is that they have a rota to when it's your turn to be put offline, happend to me twice and both times I called round to see them at the office it's been the same answer after she makes a quick phone call! We turn you back on today or tomorrow. :o:D

No problems here in South Pattaya. Had some slowdowns for a period just after that transformer blew a few days ago, but everythings been fine for the last couple of days.

I am interested to know what the cost of ADSL is for one month.

I've got the 512 cheap-charlie package @ 700 Baht a month. Speed is ok considering what I pay.

adsl is back on today, by the way. Will cut three days from the invoice, let's see what they say.... :o

I am interested to know what the cost of ADSL is for one month.

T.o.T. was offering 4 different rates.

256 kbps - 500 baht/month

512 kbps - 700 b/m

1024 kbps - 1,000 b/m and

1024 kbps (business) - 2,700 b/m.

I'm on the 1024 kbps (1,000 baht/month) plan. For the most part, I've had no complaints over the last 6 months.

Other providers will offer different packages for different prices of course. Not all services are available in all areas either.

Raro,

I didn’t have any ADSL service with TTT Maxnet512/256home most of Saturday night and all day Sunday. Tried calling the help line many times without success, apart from a message saying there was a tech problem with the help line and to call later, LOL.

Called into the TTT Carrefour office and they said they were not aware there was a problem and to call the help line. :o

Came back online Monday and varied from fast, 440 kbps, to very slow and timing out, also was shut off again for short periods through the day.

Today it seems up and down, but at least I can get online.

Well, I could. Just as I went to post this I lost the service again. Will try later.

Mike.

I am currently using the Ipstar service here at Natheekarn Park View Mabprachan and it is not very reliable.

Yesturday I called in to the TTT at Carrefour to plead with them to provide an ADSL service for Mabprachan which up to now has not been available.

Surprise they have upgraded something and are now able to offer adsl to the Mabprachan area so I have ordered the Max 1024/512 home package for 1000 +tax baht per month. They advised me after much prompting that they believe I should get better than 400kbps download speed.

My ipstar service 512/256 gives me under 300kbps in the early morning dropping to under 100 in the evening and costs 4000+tax baht per month.

So as my ipstar contract has a few months left to run I will be able to swap between the two services and compare the performances.

Hope this will help fellow suffers at Mabprachan who only have ipstar.

It seems we are neighbours Tony, maybe we actually know each other. Anyway, TT&T have been messing me about for ages now, telling me I can have ADSL then saying I am too far away. When I asked at the shop in Carrefour they said the problem was the new staff didn't know what they were talking about. Later TT&T called again to ask if I was still interested. They promised to call as soon as I could get ADSL. I'm still waiting! Please let us know when you get it installed and how good the quality is. Pete.

adsl is back on today, by the way. Will cut three days from the invoice, let's see what they say.... :o

Did this a while back in America. Calculated how many hours per month I used the service and subtracted the downtime. Attached a note with my remittence explaining my position, and, no problem. They accepted it. Maybe if more people did this, there would be less downtime.

As far as I know at Natheekarn there is no ADSL...

The phone exchange is located close to soi crocodile farm, which I guess is over 10 km away from you guys....

I was lucky to persuade them to hook me up (at the junction with the road towards the 36 highway), but I'm at the absolute limit distance, resulting in my adsl modem not connecting faster then 256/128, and the connection dropping when windy/rainy...

Unless your phone line is coming from the other side (Siam country club road) there will be no chance!!! The closest to your place from that direction where they hook up adsl is VJ land and house...

Hope they put an extra exchange in for the area soon, since even phone lines are very hard to get...

Oh, and until then you're always welcome at my place if your iPSTAR is out again :o:D

http://www.mabprachanresort.com/facilities/internet.htm

And if you don't own a laptop, I have a spare one for use by customers...

Cheers,

Monty

The phone exchange is located close to soi crocodile farm, which I guess is over 10 km away from you guys....

I was lucky to persuade them to hook me up (at the junction with the road towards the 36 highway), but I'm at the absolute limit distance, resulting in my adsl modem not connecting faster then 256/128, and the connection dropping when windy/rainy...

Unless your phone line is coming from the other side (Siam country club road) there will be no chance!!! The closest to your place from that direction where they hook up adsl is VJ land and house...

Hope they put an extra exchange in for the area soon, since even phone lines are very hard to get...

Oh, and until then you're always welcome at my place if your iPSTAR is out again :o:D

Cheers,

Monty

They have ADSL at Laurel Park/Delibean - I saw a sign saying they are just about to install wireless into the cafe and when I asked the girl in the coffeeshop she said all the houses have ADSL as well. Unfortunately she did not seem to know much about it, but the guy that runs it was not around so I just left it at that. I am amazed they have it that far out. I'll ask him if he is around when I pop in for some bread at the weekend if he is around. Oh, she did say all their lines are with TT&T.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers,

Monty

Monty,

There is a service available now to Natheekarn Mabprachan and I have tested it for about 2 weeks. I have the TTT Maxnet 4 home service 1024/512 and have had some success.. In the early morning with my phone/fax disconnected I have been getting over 800kbps per the maxnet speedtest dropping to 250kbps by 10.00am. The Thaivisa test also has been giving me speed readings of over 700 kbps . The evening sometimes I cannot get a connection for several minutes but thanks to you helping me by giving me information on another thread this is possibly due to having my filter at the incorrect socket.

Not particularly good but compared to my IpStar 512/256 service a big improvement. I can now download successfully program upgrades and not get the dreaded IpStar related message download corrupt try again.

Thanks for all your help.

• 3 weeks later...
Which one is better mfor install time and service

Tot or TTT ?

Where are you located ?

It's not an easy question, because most people will have only used one or the other, not both, so it can be hard to compare.

It took quite awhile to get my phone hooked up through ToT, but it was also over the Christmas/New Years period. My landlady recently applied for a line and they came withing 2 weeks to hook it up (but the wangkers cut my line and hooked it up in her place. Good news is that they were back the next day to fix the problem).

Other than that, I've had no problem with ToT's service.

Seems TT&T is the most efficient one, usually installs phonelines within 1 week (depending on availability in your area of course)

Also a bit easier on the ADSL part, rather efficient office staff, can easy choose between several ADSL ISP's (KSC, Csloxinfo, Ji-net,...) apart from their own offerings under the Maxnet name...