Timeframe for Mailed 90 Day Report?

sante

Interesting. I always mail in my reports (Bangkok) but have never registered or EMS the return envelope - just a 10 baht stamp. Never had any issues.

I just affixed a 5 baht stamp as advised by the pinned information here. Maybe that's for the extra slow service. But now, after my experience, I've learned to wait at least a month after mailing for the return slip to arrive. Probably the late penalty would be waived if you have a registered mailing receipt to show.

Interesting. I always mail in my reports (Bangkok) but have never registered or EMS the return envelope - just a 10 baht stamp. Never had any issues.

I just affixed a 5 baht stamp as advised by the pinned information here. Maybe that's for the extra slow service. But now, after my experience, I've learned to wait at least a month after mailing for the return slip to arrive. Probably the late penalty would be waived if you have a registered mailing receipt to show.

Sante, my 90 day is due 1 September and I was going to do this one in person until reading your post on the crowd you encountered. Based on that, do you think I could still send in my paperwork tomorrow (Friday) or am I maybe too close to the report date to do it by mail?

Sante, my 90 day is due 1 September and I was going to do this one in person until reading your post on the crowd you encountered. Based on that, do you think I could still send in my paperwork tomorrow (Friday) or am I maybe too close to the report date to do it by mail?

tyznd, I really can't advise you because this is my first time using the mailing option. Hopefully others who are more experienced can answer your question. But I do remember reading a recent post from Immigration that suggests mailing the documents 20 days before the due date. That seems excessive to me. I mailed it 14 days before and now my next due date is 9 days earlier that it was previously. Mailing it 20 days in advance would lose even more time.
I'd think mailing registered or EMS even three days in advance would be okay since we have an extra 7 days to file after the due date. But I really don't know--that's just my opinion. It's logical but sometimes logic doesn't jibe with bureaucracy.

tyznd, I really can't advise you because this is my first time using the mailing option. Hopefully others who are more experienced can answer your question. But I do remember reading a recent post from Immigration that suggests mailing the documents 20 days before the due date. That seems excessive to me. I mailed it 14 days before and now my next due date is 9 days earlier that it was previously. Mailing it 20 days in advance would lose even more time.
I'd think mailing registered or EMS even three days in advance would be okay since we have an extra 7 days to file after the due date. But I really don't know--that's just my opinion. It's logical but sometimes logic doesn't jibe with bureaucracy.

Seemed like 15 days is OK. The immigration forum had a thread where they said 20 days. I think that was more an error in understanding or the language difference. If it got there 17 days early it might be useless.

Edited by northernjohn

still time to do it by post. i've sent it the day before in the past. there is a 7 day grace period.

i too, recommend registered post, not EMS. in fact you can't do EMS yourself like you can with registered post. i just hand the postman the envelope when he comes round the house. i never have to even set my beer down when i "do my 90-day report". laugh.png with EMS, it's more expensive and you have to actually go to a post office, wait in queue....might as well go to immigration. the P.O. will give you registered stickers, 8 will last you a year. you do have to show your ID and sign for them. they will not give you EMS stickers. and...registered post is quicker than EMS because it does not have to go to Lamphun first.

yes there have been times when it takes 3 or 4 weeks for the return but mai bpen rai as you can track it. i've never once had a return go missing in years.

Can you post a photo of this registered sticker so I can show it to the post office clerk to let her know what I want?... Thanks

i too, recommend registered post, not EMS. in fact you can't do EMS yourself like you can with registered post. i just hand the postman the envelope when he comes round the house. i never have to even set my beer down when i "do my 90-day report". laugh.png with EMS, it's more expensive and you have to actually go to a post office, wait in queue....might as well go to immigration. the P.O. will give you registered stickers, 8 will last you a year. you do have to show your ID and sign for them. they will not give you EMS stickers. and...registered post is quicker than EMS because it does not have to go to Lamphun first.

yes there have been times when it takes 3 or 4 weeks for the return but mai bpen rai as you can track it. i've never once had a return go missing in years.

Can you post a photo of this registered sticker so I can show it to the post office clerk to let her know what I want?... Thanks

sure. done.

mods, if illegal to scan and post (even though number has been cut) please remove.

post-145128-0-33610300-1409197537_thumb.

Thanks!... Can these be tracked via a website?... Also how much are they?

you're welcome. yes they can be tracked here ---> http://track.thailandpost.co.th/tracking/default.aspx

stickers are free but of course you have to pay for the postage.smile.png honestly it depends on the weight. i can't remember exactly the cost to send (about 6 sheets of paper + return envelope - sometimes 22 Baht, sometimes 25 or 26 Baht - use a gram scale and check the cost on Thai Post website), but the one-page return 90-day slip only costs 16 Baht, registered. affix 20 to be safe...