Honda Big Bike Course

rambling

For those who expressed interest, there's a more advanced course coming up on Sunday Sept. 28th, held at Honda. It's a one day event and costs 1,000 Baht. If interested you can call Honda at 027353999 #0 to register.

A few people from the previous big bike day and myself will be going.

Cheers.

Rambling, change your tires to better ones if you didnt maybe a set pirelli as it will make you learn faster on these advaced courses with better grip, lean angle, control, feedback and confidence.

ll2, it's tempting but there's still so much thread left on these tires, they did only 1,900 KM, it feels like a waste to get rid of them so soon.

Did you have the Diablo Rosso 2 in mind?

I'm thinking about staying with touring type, so was eyeing the Michelin Pilot Road 4 (equivalent to Pirelli Angel GT). They're about 14K for the pair. I'll have to think about it :-)

rosso2s or rosso corsas. both will make you learn faster.

and rosso2s are at 5000 km now on my cbr650f and still lots of tread. and they are also good for touring - actually rosso2 s are real world tires for touring, commuting etc. - durable and sure more grip than michelin pilot 4s which will make you feel a lot confidence. Wet performance of rosso2s are also cool, i can confirm it 100 percent nowadays!

Michelins pilot 4s are also good tires though, better wet performance than rosso2s and a bit more durable. but that is it.

you can sell your stock tires to offset the price of the new set. just my humble opinion rambling.

Been doing a bit of research on these and found a couple of comparative tests from Motorrad you may also be interested in. I linked to the summary ranking:

Test 1: http://www.motorradonline.de/motorradreifen/motorrad-reifentest-2012-sportreifen-12070-zr-17-und-18055-zr-17-endwertung/412984?seite=13

Test 2: http://www.motorradonline.de/motorradreifen/sportreifen-12070-zr-17-und-19055-zr-17-endwertung/548082?seite=17

There are also comments on the individual tests and tyres. Looks like the Pirelli do very well in the track portions of the tests but less so in the wet and tread (not surprising given the strength in the track).

Just thought you might be interested in checking these out.

I'm not completely decided yet but since I'm not a track/speed demon I'm still inclined to the Michelin, probably the Pilot Power 3 which took the first place jointly with the Metzler M7 RR in the second (and more recent) test.

• Like 1

post-43886-0-75198600-1409627711_thumb.j

Are they serious? Not just sitting on a big bike that has it's side-stand down, but leaning off it as well? Amazing Thailand!

it is for learning the body position.

but it has to be better done when the bike is on a stand of course.

Yeah I know what it's for but it should never be done on the side stand. Typical Somchai laziness.

I remember giving a earful to a security guard at a pattaya hotel trying to spin my bike on it's stand. Total ignorance and disregard for other's property.

Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 1