Non-immigrant B Visa

I quite fancy buying a car here (and registering it in my own name) so i have set about trying to get a non-immigrant B visa. I went to see a lawyer and he has written a couple of letters for me indicating that i am looking for an investment in Thailand (this is not completely untrue) and told me i now need to go to the Thai embassy in Singapore. I need to take nothing more than my passport and his letters.

I currently live in Thailand on visa on arrival stamps. I am 27 years old and have been here for 14 months and i do not have a work permit. My income comes entirely from from online trading, i am NOT working in Thailand without a work permit.

I would be grateful if someone could let me know what the requirements are for the non-immigrant B and if i do go to Singapore if i have a good chance to get one.

Thanks.

I quite fancy buying a car here (and registering it in my own name) so i have set about trying to get a non-immigrant B visa. I went to see a lawyer and he has written a couple of letters for me indicating that i am looking for an investment in Thailand (this is not completely untrue) and told me i now need to go to the Thai embassy in Singapore. I need to take nothing more than my passport and his letters.

I currently live in Thailand on visa on arrival stamps. I am 27 years old and have been here for 14 months and i do not have a work permit. My income comes entirely from from online trading, i am NOT working in Thailand without a work permit.

I would be grateful if someone could let me know what the requirements are for the non-immigrant B and if i do go to Singapore if i have a good chance to get one.

Thanks.

Without a Work permit, you will need a Certificate of Residence (proof of Address) with any Non-Immigrant visa.

Edited by Noel

Thanks.

Without a Work permit, you will need a Certificate of Residence (proof of Address) with any Non-Immigrant visa.

Thanks for the input Noel. I have been told by a lawyer that i will not need this so if the lawyer is incorrect i will be rather annoyed.

Can anyone else confirm what Noel has said? Is a certificate of residence definitely required?

Yes to register the car in your name you need the official note from Immigration confirming your address. The owner of the property also has to ensure they have registered you with immigration so that they (immigration) can issue the letter.

I went to see a lawyer and he has written a couple of letters for me indicating that i am looking for an investment in Thailand (this is not completely untrue) and told me i now need to go to the Thai embassy in Singapore. I need to take nothing more than my passport and his letters.

Thanks.

Also would like to know. MartinBKK which lawyer did u use and how much did that cost you? Have you worked out the approximate cost for the whole deal? Lawyer, trip to singapore, VISA, etc?