Prachuap Khiri Khan Province

SidJames

I would list the following:

Bangkrud/Bangkrut/Bangkrood beach, good for a weekend getaway. Would recommend that you have transport available as there are many small beaches and village around to explore.

If you want to go for a little more expensive Koh Talu just off the coast at Bangsaphan.

Picnic at Pa-lu waterfall on the way you can visit the big monk and Huahin hills vineyard.

You can visit the beach at Prak Nam Pran - Pranburi.

Eat sea food on Cha-am beach and have a foot massage.

Visit the markets: Chatchai, tarrad grand (next to the Grand hotel), floating markets (don't have high hopes), or take a day trip to James Bond floating market.

You can take the kids to Black mountain water park (there is a new one opening sometime on the old road to Pranburi.

If you have boys that like to do some fishing, you can have a mens day out fishing at one of the fish farms around HH, the girls can have a girly day.

Go bowling at Market village with the kids and book your wife in at a spa. BIG POINTS ACTIVITY.

Visit the elephant village.

Visit the artist village, on the road to the big monk, justafter you go over the mountain and close to the big yellow baloon.

Visit Cicida market (only open at night over the weekend), very different from the other markets. Just off from the market there is a restaurant that have entertainment during dinner, a little pricy depending on your budget.

• Like 1

I went to Ao Manao bay for the first time recently, lovely spot. Very nice beach just over 1hr south of Hua Hin

+1

Run by the Air Force, it's a relatively unspoilt beach and only minutes from the center of town. The sand bar goes out a long way so it's great for small kids. Free petting zoo at the Southern end also.

I imagine you have your reasons but I can't think of anything that they would enjoy there or, almost anywhere in Thailand. Actually I can' t think of anything even an adult would do there for such an extended period. Remember that Christmas as you probably know it, is not celebrated in Thailand, new alcohol drinking hours are in forced, no gathering of 5 or more people, no smoking almost everywhere, no gambling everywhere. and very limited Thaiglish !

Are you okay since you've been released ?

I imagine you have your reasons but I can't think of anything that they would enjoy there or, almost anywhere in Thailand. Actually I can' t think of anything even an adult would do there for such an extended period. Remember that Christmas as you probably know it, is not celebrated in Thailand, new alcohol drinking hours are in forced, no gathering of 5 or more people, no smoking almost everywhere, no gambling everywhere. and very limited Thaiglish !

well I would n't think his children are worried about the drinking hours, and with kids he probably will not be out partying all night ?

I would hope the kids are not smoking at their age either ! (or gambling !!)

Families can celebrate xmas together anywhere, and there are plenty of fairy lights and trees put up anyway ...never been to Ratchaprasong at Xmas/new Year ?

And most people actually in Thailand know that the "no gathering of 5 or more people" is only for political gatherings.

So do you have any valid reasons why the OP should not go ?

Personally I think it would be a nice spot for a quiet family holiday

• Like 1

I went to Ao Manao bay for the first time recently, lovely spot. Very nice beach just over 1hr south of Hua Hin

The beach is in Prachuap, head for the Air Force base it's on their land, about five k further south a very good aquarium with lots to see.

The beach is in Prachuap, head for the Air Force base it's on their land, about five k further south a very good aquarium with lots to see.

Also in jan a festival with free outdoor show and a great market.

You lack any imagination whats so ever.As your type of holiday revolves around drinking,smoking,gambling and xmas as you know it i suggest you stay put.As Op is looking for family oriented holiday,PPK and surrounds would be great,as mentioned above.Just sitting under a tree watching the kids play and interact with Thai kids is great fun.

• Like 1

I second that suggestion. A very beautiful bay. If you have a car, there is lots to see driving the road out from the waterfront. If you climb the mountain to the temple, its a long steep climb, probably going to carry the youngest kids, so carry only water and camera. Dont trust the monkeys. Dont leave shoes at the entrance to the temple, the monkeys steal them. It is worth the climb if youre into photography. The view is awesome. Another spot farther down the highway is Ban Krud, spelled 5 different way on the signs. Its a fishing village, the locals are very friendly, and a lot of places to eat. There is an impressive temple on a mountain overlooking the ocean, and you can drive right up to it.