International Moving Company

saramsland

I have had quotes this month from 3 and the best any of them can do is around 14,000 Baht per cubic meter (sometimes +VAT), the cheaper ones don't include a lot but don't tell you that.

This is a door to warehouse delivery (Melb). They insist on sending a team to pack you. This of course means lots of space (cubic meterage) they can garner with newspaper, no thanks. Its a jungle out there, be sure of what you are getting with each quote, or it may cost you just as much when you arrive as it did to ship in the first place.

SERVICES EXCLUDED by some cheapies:

- Quarantine Inspection approx. AUD165-200

- Terminal Handling Charge at Destination approx. AUD120-180/cbm

So if you find any better, make sure you get back to here. I will look at the two suggestions above as well.

Oz

PS. edit: Most of them do not handle automotive as well, only household and min of 5 cubic meters, you will have to ask

Edited by ozsamurai

I have had quotes this month from 3 and the best any of them can do is around 14,000 Baht per cubic meter (sometimes +VAT), the cheaper ones don't include a lot but don't tell you that.

This is a door to warehouse delivery (Melb). They insist on sending a team to pack you. This of course means lots of space (cubic meterage) they can garner with newspaper, no thanks. Its a jungle out there, be sure of what you are getting with each quote, or it may cost you just as much when you arrive as it did to ship in the first place.

SERVICES EXCLUDED by some cheapies:

- Quarantine Inspection approx. AUD165-200

- Terminal Handling Charge at Destination approx. AUD120-180/cbm

So if you find any better, make sure you get back to here. I will look at the two suggestions above as well.

Oz

PS. edit: Most of them do not handle automotive as well, only household and min of 5 cubic meters, you will have to ask

Ozsamurai,

Which company did you get that quote from? This week I am planning on finding out rates/destinations/items that can be shipped so wouldn't mind adding the company you found onto my list.

Agility is one

Blue Fox (nick) is another

ABS Relocations

I am waiting on Wridgways (Santa Fe) since I saw it here

looked at QANTAS Freight, they never contacted me back, don't seem to care.

The wife found a Thai crew doing it by the kg, but that's a bit of a lark. 5-6cbm 2x2x1.5 could easily run a tonne depending on what you were sending.

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai

Agility is one

Blue Fox (nick) is another

ABS Relocations

I am waiting on Wridgways (Santa Fe) since I saw it here

looked at QANTAS Freight, they never contacted me back, don't seem to care.

The wife found a Thai crew doing it by the kg, but that's a bit of a lark. 5-6cbm 2x2x1.5 could easily run a tonne depending on what you were sending.

Oz

Cheers. I found one online called PT Cargo (the PT part sounds like its an Indo company) but their website seems like they only ship to Adelaide.

In Oz I have things in NSW and WA and will be heading to Mackay so i have a bit of a run around to pick everything up.. The WA items I may just disregard as any in country freight may cost me an arm and a leg. So that being said I am trying to have my stuff arrive to Sydney for an easy pick up, visit some family and drive up North.

• 3 months later...

Completely agree with the most vociferous of admonitions about ABS. I had a HORRIBLE experience with ABS movers! I received quotes from all the other competitors and chose ABS because of the reasonable quote and affability of the representative, initially. In the end, they were very late in my deliver, they would NEVER respond to any emails or phone calls. If I asked friends in Thailand to call they would answer the phone but they would screen my calls. I finally received a reply from them, after they delayed shipping by over 1 month, only because I threatened to file a police report and contact politicians I knew in Bangkok. DON'T MOVE YOUR POSSESSIONS WITH THIS TERRIBLE--BORDER LINE CRIMINAL--COMPANY!

• 7 months later...

I think Blue Fox is Swedish owed. We have used ABS Relocations twice and 40ft. container each time. No problem what so ever with them. Nothing broken and good and friendly staff and arrived on time.

I have a quote from Wridgways (Santa Fe) for $7,400 (Aus) for 10'x10' worth of household belonging SYD-BKK (door to door service) - told me they would have to use a 20' container, too. This amount does not include insurance.

I moved into BKK using AsianTigers - excellent service but I imagine the company paid a pretty penny for them!

And thanks everyone for your suggestions, I too will look at a couple of the others mentioned here.

Edited by DirtyDan

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

Ill move from Bangkok to Lyon in France and end of August, and i already short listed few companies.

I've got 3 quotes, 2 similar price but one is cheaper, i'm a bit worry because i can't see any feedback or reviews about this company in this discussion. Here is the company: https://siam-relocation.com/

I would appreciate to get some help !

Kob Khun Krap!

Antoine.L

• 2 weeks later...

Antoine, I am French too and considering relocating in the future (no defined date yet). Just out of curiosity, what were your quotes like for what volume ? (i have about 8-10m3 of stuff

I had a look some time back and the cheapest I could find was from SevenSeas and their "movecube" system. I heard it was cheap (~3000 EUR?) from a friend who moved back to the UK. Issue is they mostly do UK - they were OK to deliver in french Britany but not much further within the country (I think that movecube is not quite registered in France)

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:23 PM, Antoine Legrec said:

Hi All,

Ill move from Bangkok to Lyon in France and end of August, and i already short listed few companies.

I've got 3 quotes, 2 similar price but one is cheaper, i'm a bit worry because i can't see any feedback or reviews about this company in this discussion. Here is the company: https://siam-relocation.com/

I would appreciate to get some help !

Kob Khun Krap!

Antoine.L

Having looked at the video they use on their own website I would choose to use someone else. 

Not a sign of the name anywhere. No vans. Probably use the cheapest contractors they can find at packing and also delivery end. 

Pickford's do door to door. Not the cheapest but they certainly know the business inside out. 

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread.  Moving to Japan soon. Anyone know a Japanese mover?  With all the Japanese expats there most be some big ones here.  So far I've got Nippon Express, although when I look at their website it looks more like a logistics firm.

Edited by ChidlomDweller

6 hours ago, ChidlomDweller said:

Bumping this thread.  Moving to Japan soon. Anyone know a Japanese mover?  With all the Japanese expats there most be some big ones here.  So far I've got Nippon Express, although when I look at their website it looks more like a logistics firm.

Pickford's as above are worldwide. https://www.alliedpickfordsthailand.com/

Edited by berybert

To update, Nippon Express seems to have two websites, so anyone ever needing them, the relevant one is not the (very poor) logistics one but this one:

http://www.nipponexpress.com/moving/standard.html

I think this is a global site but they forwarded it to a local agent who got back to me very quickly.  Very good English and seems very professional and thorough (in the space of 1-2 hours they had already contacted Japanese customs for me).

Now beeg plomblem for me because I have 25 guitars and customs told them no more than 3.  Nippon Express won't even handle the shipment saying customs will hold it, etc.  I suspect they're being a bit too rigid, rather refusing the job than having a problem down the road.  Even with Thailand, I was able to ship 8 here in big boxes and about 5 more disassembled in smaller boxes among my other goods.  I also think once customs there are faced with 10 guitar boxes they'll be more accommodating than giving a quick, thoughtless answer "3" on the phone.  Or maybe not, but I'd take that risk.

Waiting to see what Crown tell me today, and I'll try Pickford as well.  I understand about household goods vs. commercial intent, and that shipping 25 is pushing my luck a bit far, but 3?  How many have more than 3 luxury watches, golf clubs, handbags,....?   Even 10-12 would make a big difference and then the others I can bring over bit by bit, quickly sell off a few others, etc.  

Edited by ChidlomDweller

And to add info to this thread, when I moved from Singapore to Thailand I used Seven Seas to ship about 10 guitars and some personal effects to my mother's house in Belgium.  I did spend three months in Belgium then so they treated me as a repatriating expat.  Went without a glitch.  Good service, super-fast (day's notice), cheap, no customs charged.  I may have to do that again, but it sucks because I want the guitars in Japan and my employer will only pay for what I ship to Japan.  

Just mentioning it as a tip for others who might want to offload some of their excess goods back home.

Edited by ChidlomDweller

• 2 months later...

Seven Seas is good from Australia to Thailand provided you can wait 3 months for your goods.

Depending on what volume you want to send from Thailand and provided you can pack it in cartons of 20kg or less compare Thai Post as they use SAL.  I've sent plenty of stuff back to Oz with them.  Very quick too as the goods fly to Oz and then by road to the final destination.  You can buy suitable heavy duty cartons from Thai Post so you don't use oversize cartons.