What would happen to you and to Thailand if we have a crash like the 2008 crash?

It's already bad here in Thailand, few job , low pay, people in debt because they borrowed millions of bahts to buy cars....

What will happen after the September 2015 crash. Are you ready?

Pension gone!

401k gone!

SSN gone!

Saving gone!

Stocks gone!

Your thai lady gone! :)

Profit of your days left, music will stop soon!

Wouldn't be too bad for me.

Gold and silver bought at prices less than half of current spot rates. Held in vaults in Hong Kong and Geneva. Nothing in London vaults

Mining stocks bought at rock bottom and enough baht income from local trading accounts to not have to worry about poor sterling/baht exchange rates.

I have never and WILL never lower myself to paying a stipend to any woman - Thai or otherwise - so pretty much a non-issue.

• Like 1

OP says . . .

What will happen after the September 2015 crash. Are you ready?

i say/ask/beg/plead . . .

Pop back into your DeLorean time machine, smash 88mph again and then PM me next weeks lottery numbers. Maybe (together) we can avert disaster? ..rolleyes.gif

There wasn't a crash here in 2008. The Asian Economic crisis was back in 1998. The asian curriences have been getting stronger for the last 10 years not weaker.

I believe the OP was talking about the 2008 US Subprime Market Crash not the 1997 Asian Economic Crisis although he is a little confusing.

When you look how well the Thais managed the 1997 crash I wouldn't worry.

Thailand has enough food. People get poor in matters of new cars and iPhones, but they won't be hungry.

Some crash from time to time might be even healthy.

• Like 1

Thailand has enough food. People get poor in matters of new cars and iPhones, but they won't be hungry.

It's not what I heard from expats who lived there at the time. Serious poverty and homelessness. Edited by MJP

September 2015? You're not a Martin Armstrong fan by any chance?

Jeopardy Question ...

Who is 'Martin Armstrong' ?

The forgotten Brother astronaut who didnt got the short straw on day of departure........I think????laugh.png

• Like 1

It's not what I heard from expats who lived there at the time. Serious poverty and homelessness.

Well i am an expat ,so are my friends and i was here when it happened ,it was party time 91 baht to the pound fanbloody tastic

It was the Thai people I was talking about. The suffering was bad.

It's not what I heard from expats who lived there at the time. Serious poverty and homelessness.

Well i am an expat ,so are my friends and i was here when it happened ,it was party time 91 baht to the pound fanbloody tastic

It was the Thai people I was talking about. The suffering was bad.

oh sorry ,i thaught you meant us , then i did not have a lot to do with Thai people although the ones i did know seemed ok.

Thai people will probably suffer less thanks to their free local market system (Street food, Chick kebab,....)

Farangs will get a pissed off attitude , lower income from their nany state, to a point some will have to go back home or lower their life style to a thai style life (1 room at 3000 bahts, street soup, bus baht or gelato scooter with go-go sitting on the back, and flip-flop with white socks)

Edited by Digitalnomade

Please give me another stock market crash like we had in '08. I was buying quality stocks for 1/2 price and they've recovered.

Please give me another housing crash so I can buy more rentals.

I wish gold would go to $100.

I wish baht would go to 100 to the dollar.

Anything else on your wish list?

A yacht.