Motorcycle parts a restricted item.

yankee99

Here is my latest tracking of a package from china.

"September 4, 2014

08:55:39 AO UDOM Out for Delivery

September 4, 2014

09:00-11:59 AO UDOM Delivery Status International ( Unsuccessful Attempt)

September 4, 2014

08:57:12 AO UDOM Item held,addressee notified due to Importation restricted - Item not delivery"

So i called laem chabang customs and asked what the import duty is? They informed me that the boss wants to open the package with me. This is something new as i brought in over a 100 packages without going to the port. fyi this was ems/hong kong post.

A hidden and intentional burden for people importing things from abroad?

Maybe but j can tell you i was the only falang there. My tax was based on $200 usd from china. They said a similar package came the day before from Japan valued at ฿37,000

A hidden and intentional burden for people importing things from abroad?

Maybe but j can tell you i was the only falang there. My tax was based on $200 usd from china. They said a similar package came the day before from Japan valued at ฿37,000

i mean, if someone frequently import items, maybe they start to call them to customs office especially if you are farang?

maybe they just want to see your face.

Edited by ll2

What a nightmare! I live in Phitsanulok and have had things come in through customs and have paid the tax by bank transfer. Christ, if they required me to come show my face over $200 worth of stuff, I'd probably just walk away from it. One thing if you live there. But make you come down there form another part of the country? Insane!

Normally, I just have things shipped directly to my Thai brother-in-law, who is also named as the buyer. Not only is he in BKK, but it takes my white face completely out of the equation.

Just curious, Yankee, what bike parts did you get from China???

Im back already ;0) no issue finding it and tax was 30% + 7% vat of the invoice which i brought with me. Silly as it really should be delivered to my house, Still not sure why it went there and not my house!

Why have you had things in the past come to your house & the delivery guy collect the taxes?

The only things that have ever come directly to me were the ones that slipped thru without being import taxed.

Anytime I had to pay I had to go down & pay

I've had to go to the customs house (rather than the post office) twice to pick stuff up- as that's where the taxes are actually assessed, they sometimes want more information from the receiver before making the final call. Both times I was able to negotiate a lower rate than I had expected to pay.

Im back already ;0) no issue finding it and tax was 30% + 7% vat of the invoice which i brought with me. Silly as it really should be delivered to my house, Still not sure why it went there and not my house!

Why have you had things in the past come to your house & the delivery guy collect the taxes?

The only things that have ever come directly to me were the ones that slipped thru without being import taxed.

Anytime I had to pay I had to go down & pay

Normally i go to the post office although sometimes when no or small tax is do they come to my house. Two weeks ago a welding helmet came to the house and 7 baht was due. This is the only time in 4 years i had to go to the port.

I've had to go to the customs house (rather than the post office) twice to pick stuff up- as that's where the taxes are actually assessed, they sometimes want more information from the receiver before making the final call. Both times I was able to negotiate a lower rate than I had expected to pay.

My rate was fine once i handed them the paperwork i printed. I am sure it would have been higher without it but i am purely speculating. They verbally asked how much i paid but my guess is they assume everyone fibs.

What a nightmare! I live in Phitsanulok and have had things come in through customs and have paid the tax by bank transfer. Christ, if they required me to come show my face over $200 worth of stuff, I'd probably just walk away from it. One thing if you live there. But make you come down there form another part of the country? Insane!

Normally, I just have things shipped directly to my Thai brother-in-law, who is also named as the buyer. Not only is he in BKK, but it takes my white face completely out of the equation.

Just curious, Yankee, what bike parts did you get from China???

I am not sure how they determine which packages are directed to the port as opposed to the post office but i highly doubt it has anything to do with skin color.

I ordered a set of aftermarket fairings as my last set faded from the sun.

Normally i go to the post office although sometimes when no or small tax is do they come to my house. Two weeks ago a welding helmet came to the house and 7 baht was due. This is the only time in 4 years i had to go to the port.

Sorry I messed that up as that is what I have always done too...Meaning pay at post office

I have never been called to customs offices.

I just meant they never deliver to my residence if it has a tax due.

But I did try to argue the amount on a helmet at the post here in CM

& they said well customs Bangkok set the price & if I dont like it they can send the helmet back to Bangkok

& I can then show why it should be less. No alternative like call Bangkok wink.png

Edited by mania

Sorry I messed that up as that is what I have always done too...Meaning pay at post office

I have never been called to customs offices.

I just meant they never deliver to my residence if it has a tax due.

But I did try to argue the amount on a helmet at the post here in CM

& they said well customs Bangkok set the price & if I dont like it they can send the helmet back to Bangkok

& I can then show why it should be less. No alternative like call Bangkok wink.png

Thats correct..... you send a copy of the ad and your method of payment to bkk and they will adjust the tax according to your paperwork.