Advice on shipping large, framed painting to USA?

Pleas

Hi all,

The framed art-work is 26 inches wide by 38 inches tall. With the non-reflective glass, it weighs 20 lbs. or so...

I'm thinking it will cost more to re-frame it in USA than having it shipped home, insurance, included.

I'm also thinking it would be wise to remove the glass and ship it at a lower weight.

Who to contact for an estimate in Chiang Mai, and which shipping company to trust?

Thanks for your valued thoughts...

I often take paintings of about the size you mention as check-in luggage after packaging them well. If you know someone who is going back to the States. then that would be an option.

Otherwise, Chiang Mai has many shipping companies. The big internationals like FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. would probably be the fastest but also the most expensive.

There are also many local companies as well. You might try the area around Ban Tawai near Hang Dong. They ship furniture and smaller things via surface and air.

Whatever you do, I would advise removing the glass. It will reduce the weight and it may very well get broken in transit.

Good luck.