Laundry service in Chiang Mai

glamalt1

Hi, as I am new to Chiang Mai and have limited mobility I am hoping to find a laundry service to pick up and return my laundry on a regular basis. I also have a few items of dry cleaning that need taking care of.. I live quite near the night bazaar so if any one can help with this inquiry it would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

There are laundry services located on just about every block in Chiang Mai apart from the housing estates. Ask someone to help you locate one near you and I am sure at least one neighboring laundry would be happy to provide pickup and delivery as well.

• Like 1

For the past two years I have used a laundry service operated by Sopha Thavonr and her family. She picks up and delivers--and does a beautiful job with the ironing. Sopha also speaks English fluently, although she doesn't read or write it. Give her a call at 0817960210. She's a valuable resource on many fronts for a newcomer to Chiang Mai. Say that Monte recommended her...

Incidentally, I give her a thousand baht in advance, and she charges against that deposit. That way, she can drop off laundry without having to collect money each time--and I don't have to hang around to pay her following each delivery. Her accounting is always meticulous.

• Like 2

For the past two years I have used a laundry service operated by Sopha Thavonr and her family. She picks up and delivers--and does a beautiful job with the ironing. Sopha also speaks English fluently, although she doesn't read or write it. Give her a call at 0817960210. She's a valuable resource on many fronts for a newcomer to Chiang Mai. Say that Monte recommended her...

Incidentally, I give her a thousand baht in advance, and she charges against that deposit. That way, she can drop off laundry without having to collect money each time--and I don't have to hang around to pay her following each delivery. Her accounting is always meticulous.

Where is this laundry located please ??

G'day glamalt1. I have lived in Chiang Mai for about 1 and a half years and tried numerous services, The one I use now (because it it the best I have found) is "Em's Laundry Service. Phone 0821801303 and the website is http://www.chiangmailaundry.com/ . The lady speaks good English, picks up, then delivers your laundry from your chosen location. Forty (40) baat / kg and charges per item for ironing. I highly recommend this service, I won't be going anywhere else. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Where is this laundry located please ??

At Sopha's home. It's a family business...

Hi Glamalt,

Try Em's laundry service. They pick up and deliver and have never let me down. you can call them on 082 180 1303 or email from their website chiangmailaundry.com. I tried several laundries before finding Em's laundry and had a few disasters, like getting pink t-shirts back instead of white!!! Not a good look!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much to all that replied to my inquiry re laundry ChiangMai. I have now tried several of the suggestions and have to say that I am using Ems laundry on a regular basis. Where as a couple of the laundry's gave great results I have found that all round ie pick up, delivery, ease of communication, good quality and consistency, has best been served by Ems. I know that it's a fairly mundane subject but due to my temporary mobility issues it becomes quite important in the scheme of things. As you can also tell from this post I am so impressed with Ems that I am more than happy to recommend the service and blow her trumpet for her (if that's allowed): Ems laundry service 082 180 1303. Once again, many thanks to all. clap2.gif