DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

webfact

Speaking from personal experience in the U.S. I once tried to send a book I had written to Kelly McGinnis who had shot his ex wife's lawyer. The authorities did not want Kelly to have my book in his hands so I was summoned by the country sheriff at the jail where Kelly was incarcerated. There I was interrogated by a Sergeant Ketchum who produced the book I had tried to sent to Kelly. Sergeant Ketchum then produced a small plastic evidence envelope that contained a Marijuana leaf claiming I had tried to send narcotics to Kelly.

So if the American police authorities could try to frame me by planting Marijuana in one of my books, there is not a shadow of doubt in my mind that this was done here in Koh Tao. Incidentally, even a lot if not most Thais are not buying this one. Apparently there is a THai expression that means: "Sheep". And that's what the Thais are calling these Burmese, "Sheep" (Patsy's)

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the word on the street from the Thai & Expat locals down on the islands, who agree that the real culprits are the local mafiaso families, and are at frustration point because they seem to wielding enough power to push the boys in brown & in green around. (and the media) That's scary!, I really hope we are all wrong, but there is a big stinky rat in there somewhere.

Yep, this is what I am hearing too. Reports of locals being too scared to come forward with information basically confirms this. It makes no logical sense why the locals would be too scared to come forward with information on a lowly Burmese bartender.

It makes sense to me. Would you be willing to have your name As a witness in a Case that involved the hells angels, even if you didn't see any hells angels?

People don't want to even accidentally testify against the mob.

• Like 1

This! Repeat 100 times.

Is there any journalist in this country willing to ask the blatantly obvious questions or do they all just print whatever the higher ups tell them?

The FBI confirmed that the semen was from an Asian correct? To put a rest to all this (and to prove that the police are just massively incompetent rather than horribly, horribly corrupt), let the FBI visit with these three men, collect DNA samples, and tell us all if there is a match.

Until then, this appears so wrong in so many ways.

Why the FBI, what's so bloody good and uncorrupted about that organisation?

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=542e2c5cbe047017db8b469a#.VC46fIGM7qB

BANGKOK, Oct 3 -- National police chief Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmoung is scheduled to take two Myanmar nationals suspected of murdering two British tourists nearly three weeks ago for a reenactment at the crime scene on Ko Tao, the small island in the Gulf of Thailand and off the coast of the southern province of Surat Thani, on Friday.

More than 200 anti-riot and plainclothes police will be deployed during the reenactment which will be held after a press conference.

(MCOT online news)

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy

Sexual voyeurs are sad timid misfits who run away when confronted. I wonder if there has ever been another case in the world where a peeper has slain in the most brutal and violent way possible the couple he was spying on.

And then inexplicably waited around with his two fellow murderers to be arrested for three weeks when they could easily have slipped away, Thailand has sunk to new depths of lies, corruption and injustice over this case.

Sitting next to my Thai gf and I tell her of the latest arrests and "released proof" . Her reply priceless.......

You farang silly if u believe this bulls**t. They can no have Thai do this. This bad for Thailand if Thai do this bad thing. They find someone else........etc etc

I always say she is clever

She doesn't sound it.

• Like 1

No murder investigation is going to be 100% perfect. There will always be some amount of doubt. All anyone can ever do is look at all the evidence, and see which way it points. And right now most of it points to the 3 suspects in custody.

The problem is one of public confidence as much as the veracity of the evidence.

Unfortunately, despite the clueless British Ambassador praising the professional and exemplary police work, the other 15 billion people in the world can see the utter shambles that was the police work shown to the world. From failing to secure the crime scene, contamination of evidence, failure to DNA test certain influential people, the publication of crime scene photos by the police and on and on ..... It was the antithesis of exemplary police work to the point that almost no one believes what the police are saying anymore.

The Ambassador can sing his Lorelei song but he is singing solo.

There will be no closure on this case unless the British Police Force - a very good an honest police force by and large though certainly not perfect, are invited to take their own DNA samples from the accused and compare with the DNA they have from the repatriated bodies.

If they do that and the samples match then there will be closure. The only reason this would not be done would be because the accused are innocent and some other scumbag is being protected.

If not then the Thai Police will he viewed as corrupt and incompetent by anyone with half a brain.

' other 15 billion' so what planet are you currently inhabiting ?

Edited by jonesthebaker
  • Like 1

What goes on in this forum is so disgusting. Why don't you guys just sit and wait and don't spread more and more conpiracions.

No one here in this forum knows if the couple where killed a Thai, Burmese, Cambodians, Farang, Aliens or what ever. It is true that the police made a ruff comment that they can't imagine a thai would do such a crime. Yes we all know that is wrong and a Thai could do such a crime but we also know a burmese could do it and also farang could do something like this. So where is the point that everyone here bashing the whole country. Things like the happen in Europe and America and guess what the murders were also Europeans and Americans.

We have a lot of hobby cops here who think they are so smart. I don't understand what these guys still doin in Thailand...!?

According to my thai friends all thai people also talk about this and they all agree these are scapegoats.

So by speculating and not believing that the real killers are caught it turns out I am on the side of the average thai person.

Also noticed that thais were super friendly to me at the market today.. maybe a sign of guilt..or probably all in my head lol they are always friendly.

Sexual voyeurs are sad timid misfits who run away when confronted. I wonder if there has ever been another case in the world where a peeper has slain in the most brutal and violent way possible the couple he was spying on.

And what makes you think they are "sexual voyeurs"?

So does this mean that they weren't tested the first time around? When they tested so many Burmese? They didn't test three Burmese that worked in the bar where the deceased had been right before they were murdered??!!!?!! Why wasn't there a match the first time around??

This! Repeat 100 times.

Is there any journalist in this country willing to ask the blatantly obvious questions or do they all just print whatever the higher ups tell them?

The FBI confirmed that the semen was from an Asian correct? To put a rest to all this (and to prove that the police are just massively incompetent rather than horribly, horribly corrupt), let the FBI visit with these three men, collect DNA samples, and tell us all if there is a match.

What does the FBI have to do with any of this ??? The victims were British, for goodness sake !!!!

They sent the semen to FBI to confirm ethnicity. Right? That's what they have to do with it. And even if I am wrong - then choose your country where police don't so easily cower down to those in power - Singapore or UK would work,

No murder investigation is going to be 100% perfect. There will always be some amount of doubt. All anyone can ever do is look at all the evidence, and see which way it points. And right now most of it points to the 3 suspects in custody.

The problem is one of public confidence as much as the veracity of the evidence.

Unfortunately, despite the clueless British Ambassador praising the professional and exemplary police work, the other 15 billion people in the world can see the utter shambles that was the police work shown to the world. From failing to secure the crime scene, contamination of evidence, failure to DNA test certain influential people, the publication of crime scene photos by the police and on and on ..... It was the antithesis of exemplary police work to the point that almost no one believes what the police are saying anymore.

The Ambassador can sing his Lorelei song but he is singing solo.

There will be no closure on this case unless the British Police Force - a very good an honest police force by and large though certainly not perfect, are invited to take their own DNA samples from the accused and compare with the DNA they have from the repatriated bodies.

If they do that and the samples match then there will be closure. The only reason this would not be done would be because the accused are innocent and some other scumbag is being protected.

If not then the Thai Police will he viewed as corrupt and incompetent by anyone with half a brain.

' other 15 billion' so what planet are you currently inhabiting ?

Just over exaggerating having been living here for so long - just like Thais do! Pickety Pickety Pick

Ask yourselves a question. Why is Thailand the only country in the world that has to have a dedicated ''Tourist Police'' force..??

Even the guide books warn you not to go the Thai Police..!!

What on earth are you on about ... dedicated tourist police are in dozens of countries... just to name a few: Costa Rica, Malaysia, Egypt, South Korea, Turkey, Sri lanka, Indonesia... list goes on

Amazing how they have only just found her phone. Surely they could have tracked that a few weeks ago

Not if it was turned off.

Would anybody be stupid enough to keep it and not use it. It's quite a vital piece of evidence don't u think??

??? I thought tere was previous statement from Police that Blonde Hair (part of the recovered Evidence for use to get DNA) was found with her Phone!!! At the time the bodies were discovered!!!

Edited by davidstipek
  • Like 2

So does this mean that they weren't tested the first time around? When they tested so many Burmese? They didn't test three Burmese that worked in the bar where the deceased had been right before they were murdered??!!!?!! Why wasn't there a match the first time around??

This! Repeat 100 times.

What does the FBI have to do with any of this ??? The victims were British, for goodness sake !!!!

They sent the semen to FBI to confirm ethnicity. Right? That's what they have to do with it. And even if I am wrong - then choose your country where police don't so easily cower down to those in power - Singapore or UK would work,

By the way Ambassador Kent is acting, looks like the Uk want it finished expediently too!

• Like 1

I hope that they let British Forensic confirm the DNA

So that we know its not just a FIT UP.

These guys might have been paid 1 mil THB each to take the fall, do some time in jail and be let out the back door in a years time when the heat is off..

• Like 1

This! Repeat 100 times.

Why the FBI, what's so bloody good and uncorrupted about that organisation?

There are corrupt police worldwide. But I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the FBI wouldn't risk blatantly lying about DNA results in this case in order to protect some a55hole hi-so mafia island Thais. The Thai police on the other hand...

How is the investigation going of the officers who beat up the taxi driver who refused to implicate the other poor scapegoats just 2 days ago? Fired from the force. Sitting in jail awaiting a court hearing right?

• Like 2

"I think the tourist confidence will improve," Kobkarn Wattanavarangkul, Minister of Tourism and Sports told AFP, hours after the apparent confessions.

Wishful thinking. Why would tourist confidence improve because three migrant workers have been fitted up to take the fall? In fact, quite the reverse.

No,...if you continued to the last sentence,..."On Tuesday tourist authorities announced plans to give holidaymakers wristbands carrying their personal details in an effort to ensure the safety of tourists."

Wristbands carrying the tourists personal details will improve confidence. And of course, a new tourist fee to pay for the bracelets and their administration. Thailand is in good hands under the NCPO.

"Before martial law was declared, Gen Prayuth told me Khun Suthep and your masses of PDRC supporters are too exhausted. Its now the duty of the army to take over the task, Mr Suthep said."

Edited by Ve37