3->5 SIM card mobile phones. Experiences/reviews?

hermespan

Can't find any major review sites unlike for all the 1 and 2 SIM phone manufacturers and their fans/critics.

I get the impression that these super multi-SIM phones are all the rage in the third world especially China and India. Thing is *how good are they*?

Here in Cambodia my steady vendor recommended only name-brand sturdy stood the test of time Nokia 2 (count them, two) - SIM phone, either the cheapo ($30, no internet?) or the moderate one ($45, internet) for my basic needs.

She ha a LG 3-SIm used but said she gets many complaints about them. There are a couple of vendors who sell off-brand 4-SIM phones but she says they actually don't work. What does she mean? I don't need to have the White House, NASA and my babysitter calling me 24/7 from anywhere in the world - just store ASEAN SIMs so there is less work after borders as I travel the region. Geez, I met a Chinese businessman in Jakarta two years ago who was upgrading his 4-SIM to a *five* SIM. Who cares if all can work at the same time. I wouldn't even want that (well, maybe two)

All I care about in a phone is that it doesn't break down, quality of sound, a clock/alarm, calculator, that it isn't including criminal software, battery time and number of SIMs. But manufacturers keep adding silly features like Facebook, Twitter and 'Snakes and Ladders'.

Edited by hermespan