Stolen / Missing classic car alert

wino47

"Inerior and sound system - K. Wanchai - Turbo sound - Banglamung. Excellent English "

Dear OP,

Do you contact details for me< iam in Pattaya an looking for some upgraded sound system.

Thanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a Thai friend to post an ad for you on Thaiscooter.com classified section. Post a wanted add with pics saying its stolen and reward is offered. You can post wanted adds. I think that would help. Also head to the following classic car websites which has a big group of enthusiasts, many are rich folks, they may keep an eye out for you.

http://www.bangkokclassiccar.com/forum/index.php

http://www.thaiclassiccar.com

May I ask which shop you used to work on your car and engine? Thanks

Good suggestion - thanks

BKK classic - K.Bhunn already informed - yes I am already a member.

Engine - speak to Don - American MD of PPS thailand near Sattahip. - custom built to my specification - top class ngineering - all parts supplied ex Tr-Bitz - warrington uk.

Gearbox - Gordon Barber - total expert in all car / bike mechanics - parts supplied by owner. This guy leaves no stone unturned and needs not give a gaurantee - he is so good.

re-build - Self

Paint : Contact me for details

Inerior and sound system - K. Wanchai - Turbo sound - Banglamung. Excellent English - custom specification / inerior copy od original panels - there is none better

I vouch 100% for all the assistance.

Thanks for the leads. Are Don and Gordon working side jobs as a hobby? They sound like down to earth folks, I'm actually located around Bangkok, so perhaps these folks won't be suitable for me. But if you don't mind, please message me their contacts, I will keep it for future reference. Thanks and good luck with your car.

Don is MD for PPS - large engineering outfit - they will collect / deliver.

Gordon - will ask his permission and post his details - but believe he will only allow direct email - he is not on here.

No hobby - professional - Don is 50/50 Thai / American and duel passport.

Gordon fully legit with company / work permit . my <email address removed>

Interior / sound system = Thai biz = Turbosound - Banglamung

post-93020-0-29513600-1414584281_thumb.j

post-93020-0-58514600-1414584343_thumb.j

Edited by SeaVisionBurma
Contact details removed. Please use the PM function

"Inerior and sound system - K. Wanchai - Turbo sound - Banglamung. Excellent English "

Dear OP,

Do you contact details for me< iam in Pattaya an looking for some upgraded sound system.

Thanks

Come off the roundabout at 2nd road heading west to Banglamung - his shop is located about 2 Km on the right hand side - will post his number if needed

Get a Thai friend to post an ad for you on Thaiscooter.com classified section. Post a wanted add with pics saying its stolen and reward is offered. You can post wanted adds. I think that would help. Also head to the following classic car websites which has a big group of enthusiasts, many are rich folks, they may keep an eye out for you.

http://www.bangkokclassiccar.com/forum/index.php

http://www.thaiclassiccar.com

May I ask which shop you used to work on your car and engine? Thanks

Good suggestion - thanks

BKK classic - K.Bhunn already informed - yes I am already a member.

Engine - speak to Don - American MD of PPS thailand near Sattahip. - custom built to my specification - top class ngineering - all parts supplied ex Tr-Bitz - warrington uk.

Gearbox - Gordon Barber - total expert in all car / bike mechanics - parts supplied by owner. This guy leaves no stone unturned and needs not give a gaurantee - he is so good.

re-build - Self

Paint : Contact me for details

Inerior and sound system - K. Wanchai - Turbo sound - Banglamung. Excellent English - custom specification / inerior copy od original panels - there is none better

I vouch 100% for all the assistance.

Thanks for the leads. Are Don and Gordon working side jobs as a hobby? They sound like down to earth folks, I'm actually located around Bangkok, so perhaps these folks won't be suitable for me. But if you don't mind, please message me their contacts, I will keep it for future reference. Thanks and good luck with your car.

Don is MD for PPS - large engineering outfit - they will collect / deliver.

Gordon - will ask his permission and post his details - but believe he will only allow direct email - he is not on here.

No hobby - professional - Don is 50/50 Thai / American and duel passport.

Gordon fully legit with company / work permit . <email removed>

Interior / sound system = Thai biz = Turbosound - Banglamung

Does PPS have a website? interesting to see what types of engineering work they do. Sorry to deviate from the original thread, if you prefer you can PM and we can talk from there. thanks

I love these motors, used to get to ride in brand new one's regularly as a kid - a neighbour was the MD of a group of Leyland agents.

The ad states the rebuild (In Thailand?) cost over Thb 5m. Is that correct? GB£100,000 ?? I can't see it.

Don't need a sound system in a TR6, listen to the exhaust!

The non original trimmed dash and seats would lower its value in the UK somewhat.

Some very nice examples about at <£20k

How did it attract 285% import duty? According to http://tinyurl.com/l5gyjj9 it should be 213% less age related discount of at least 70% ?

Nice car. Hope you get it back.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a gentle reminder to stay on topic please.

I have removed a personal email address from a couple of posts - please do not post your personal contact details as spammers are evil and all-watching

Use the PM function.

All members

I am offering 50,000 THB for information that leads me to my car.

The Blue book is with me.

I have an ignition key.

50K will be paid cash to anyone who leads me to the car !!!! ON THE SPOT THE MOMENT MY HAND TOUCH"S THE CAR !!!!

PM me

Edited by wino47

• 3 weeks later...

Just a gentle reminder to stay on topic please.

I have removed a personal email address from a couple of posts - please do not post your personal contact details as spammers are evil and all-watching

Use the PM function.

All members

I am offering 50,000 THB for information that leads me to my car.

The Blue book is with me.

I have an ignition key.

50K will be paid cash to anyone who leads me to the car !!!! ON THE SPOT THE MOMENT MY HAND TOUCH"S THE CAR !!!!

PM me

Reward now doubled to 100,000 THB

Japan? That would take some series connections not likely those of a small village local and probably would have happened some time ago anyway, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Impossible to export to Japan due the cars age.

Remember that Japan cars at three years old are virtually stripped down and rebuilt for the road test - hence they EXPORT cars at 3 years old!!

On top of that - the blue book is held by myself as is the VN5 document (English ""Keepers"" log book).

So an import license to any country would be extremely difficult unless a fake or copy book was issued.

They would probably (Any country) want the original VN5 doc as well.

Further - officially the car was never exported from the UK - this so as it will retain its original reg plate MND818P signifying its a 1976 registration making it slightly more valuable as they stopped production in 1975 !!!

A TR6 on a ""P"" plate is very rare.

get phuket classic car site to put a sticky up - i mentioned the theft and posted this link on their FB page etc already

Thanks FF - very much appreciated. If this leads anywhere you and your family get a free night out and dinner on my account.

Sorry for your loss. Will keep my eyes wide open in lower northeast. Ain't many of them around.

Cheers - I think there is one in Phuket - Have seen a Stag at the Bang Saen rally - but that's it for triumphs - go get the 100000 reward my friend !!!!

Japan? That would take some series connections not likely those of a small village local and probably would have happened some time ago anyway, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Impossible to export to Japan due the cars age.

Remember that Japan cars at three years old are virtually stripped down and rebuilt for the road test - hence they EXPORT cars at 3 years old!!

On top of that - the blue book is held by myself as is the VN5 document (English ""Keepers"" log book).

So an import license to any country would be extremely difficult unless a fake or copy book was issued.

They would probably (Any country) want the original VN5 doc as well.

Further - officially the car was never exported from the UK - this so as it will retain its original reg plate MND818P signifying its a 1976 registration making it slightly more valuable as they stopped production in 1975 !!!

A TR6 on a ""P"" plate is very rare.

I've worked for quite a few Japanese companies in the freight forwarding biz

One of the biggest earners was sending concour standard Healy sprites (frogeyes) to Japan

I could be out of date but don't think so

Little bit older than a p reg . Japanese love them frog eyes due to the size

Sorry for your loss

I'm not trying to disrespect just saying it could go to Japan.

But I wouldn't think so as they were seriously strict o the paperwork

Hope this helps to rule in or out Japan

Wishing you luck on recovery

Sparkey

Edited by sparkey

Cute little motors

To me the original hair dressers car

I think the Japanese like them is there is some law on the size of the car you can park on the street outside your house

The point I was trying to make is there is a market in japan for classic motors and the three year thing quoted is not correct

At least to the last of my knowledge

Yes the Austin Healey Sprite Mk I aka frog eye was quite a bit earlier.

I owned one and it was a 1959 model.

At a guess I would say production of the frog eye ended around 1961.

That's what I was thinking, I thought they were quite a bit earlier then 70's, here in the states there are plenty of them in racing in the vintage classes and even a few in the prepared classes, those people seem to be masochists tongue.pngwhistling.gif . I was thinking the TR6 was more like the 70's myself..

Update - the car may be hidden inside one of the numerous Wats in Sri Racha.

Maybe the Wat just off Soi Nonge Boo that runs alongside Soi summation.

It will be under a silver rain cover.

Remember - 100,000 THB for information leading to the cars recocery.

• 1 year later...

Dear All - update - according Sattahip - car is still registered in my name.

reward for concrete information leading to the cars recovery is now 250,000. (Cash). Providing not discovered as scrap or burnt out.

She is in court for theft - BKK - in September.

Almost certain it is in Saraburi / supanburi region

I highly recommend posting on Kaidee.com , and the numerous facebook in thai dedicated to used cars. I've listed some, but there are more. Good luck

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThaiBritishCarMarket/?ref=group_browse_new

https://www.facebook.com/groups/689273757831299/?ref=group_browse_new

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1215211545185781/?ref=group_browse_new

https://www.facebook.com/groups/964212560283758/?ref=group_browse_new

With 250k as reward, bet you will find a lot of local help

Edited by mike324

• 3 months later...

Dear All

Reward is 250,000 THB to find this car.

If found in good condition - an additional 250,000 will be paid.

My lawyers are informed of the reward and a Criminal case has been brought against the suspected thief.

Total reward is now 500,000 THB

Dear All
Reward is 250,000 THB to find this car.
If found in good condition - an additional 250,000 will be paid.
My lawyers are informed of the reward and a Criminal case has been brought against the suspected thief.
Total reward is now 500,000 THB

I'm guessing it's been parted out.
Women and greed care less about sentimental value.
One day you'll come to terms with the loss and marvel at the ridiculous magic beans price she sold it off for.