Koh Tao murders: Parents of alleged killers take the case to Attorney General

webfact

Their mothers say, they didn't do it!!

Eureka!! Then they must be innocent!!

The parents would be much more credible, if they didn't allow themselves to be part of all this staged nonsense!!coffee1.gif

"Staged nonsense"?????

Which staged nonsense, the one being performed by the RTP.....for sure, right?

And, what else are they supposed to do.....go home, have a few teas and forget it ever happened?

You are extremely insensitive. But, you might not know it.

Anyway, you're in good company with 'head in the sand', JDIA....now he is Master Troll here, second only to JTJ.

You guys are doing a pathetic job of trying to convince everyone that these Burmese boys did it.

About as pathetic as the RTP. You guys are soulless.

Well, after reading one of your earlier posts, I apologize for saying that you are trying to

convince all of there guilt, and would not put you in the same company with JDIA/JTJ,

but still I think your comment about their parents was insensitive. Peace.

The parents would be much more credible, if they didn't allow themselves to be part of all this staged nonsense!!coffee1.gif

What do you expect them to do? Just sit quietly and do nothing? If they truly believe their sons are innocent then they have every right to kick up a fuss

Again what do you expect them to do? What would you do if it were your sons and you thought they were innocent?

Exactly so. And what the more cynical posters responding to this news is that not only does the Attorney General go through everything with a very fine tooth comb (believe me, I know), he does not discriminate regards ethnicity AND, hello! w00t.gif A 'Not sufficient evidence' call from such office would be the sigh of relief the RTP are now desperately looking for.

Of course this will fly right over the heads of the majority here whose only brush with corruption is a bloody traffic ticket coffee1.gif

"The parents then left the Attorney General office to hand over the petition to National Human Rights Commission."

Unfortunately for them, Thainess restricts the term "human" to a select population on this planet. Being Burmese falls way outside those parameters, and even though you might be right, you will be treated as wrong. wai2.gif wai2.gif wai2.gif

Whenever I have at the NHRC mentioned the word "oxymoron" pops into my head sadly.

I wouldn't put any trust in this organisation whatsoever.

Wolves in charge of the sheep pen.

Gee...I forgot all about the "oxy" part.

Good luck. All but a few lofty Thai officials and a psychopath or 2 are with you.

Last time I checked there were around 370,000 people following on the facebook site that was discusses this crime often with many posts every day.

I think he meant that everyone are with them BESIDE a few lofty thai officials and a psycopath or 2 ;p

"They trusted in the justice system of Thailand that could ensure fair treatment of the case and also called for the revision of the case file."

Looks like a deliberate translation error...after beating the kids to confess, I doubt that the parents would have any trust.

The best, they can hope for justice.

Will they get that in Thailand, when so much face involved, and the Thainess is questioned...that is another matter.

• Like 2

Good luck. All but a few lofty Thai officials and a psychopath or 2 are with you.

Last time I checked there were around 370,000 people following on the facebook site that was discusses this crime often with many posts every day.

I think he meant that everyone are with them BESIDE a few lofty thai officials and a psycopath or 2 ;p

Not only Thais need English lessons

"They trusted in the justice system of Thailand that could ensure fair treatment of the case and also called for the revision of the case file."

Looks like a deliberate translation error...after beating the kids to confess, I doubt that the parents would have any trust.

The best, they can hope for justice.

Will they get that in Thailand, when so much face involved, and the Thainess is questioned...that is another matter.

Wrong on so many levels. The OAG are very well aware of the gnats that form the majority of the RTP in tourism areas. Do 'cease and desist' with the oft quoted 'Thainess' bleated by those whose interest lies solely in maintaining the status quo through Nationalism. I disliked (and still do) Taksin but never heard him use this silly nomenclature. Reserved for the other lot who wish the feudal system back as opposed to mere fodder for the ego and the trough.

"Staged nonsense"?????

And, what else are they supposed to do.....go home, have a few teas and forget it ever happened?

Anyway, you're in good company with 'head in the sand', JDIA....now he is Master Troll here, second only to JTJ.

You guys are doing a pathetic job of trying to convince everyone that these Burmese boys did it.

Well, after reading one of your earlier posts, I apologize for saying that you are trying to

convince all of there guilt, and would not put you in the same company with JDIA/JTJ,

No worries mate!!

Let me make very clear, that I believe those two guys are innocent, and hope for nothing more than for them to return safely to Myanmar soon!!

But!!

I try to stay cool-headed in the emotional frenzy showed by many posters on this thread.

And I still think that the parents are being used by HRW's, lawyers and media, who are just trying to get their minutes in the limelight in a highprofile case. And in reality don't care very much about the two scapegoats!

That in my book makes a show like the visit to the OAG a distraction from the real issue: The malpractice of the RTP. On the other hand I must admit (been thinking!!) this might put further pressure on the prosecutor!!

As for being insensitive and unempathetic, oh no I am an old softie, just trying not to get carried away!!

Perhaps we as TV members need to suggest a few ways that the RTP and country can get out of this mess. We know they are now stuck and we also know how it works here and that they will not retract statements easily as they need to save face.

I say blame it on some faulty DNA testing equipment and then open the case backup and get the real murders and rapists. One department takes the blame and someone gets transferred to an inactive post and everyone else saves face and we get our murders and rapists. Thailand also rids itself of this scum... Win win win ....

Any suggestion ?

• Like 2

"Staged nonsense"?????

No worries mate!!

Let me make very clear, that I believe those two guys are innocent, and hope for nothing more than for them to return safely to Myanmar soon!!

But!!

I try to stay cool-headed in the emotional frenzy showed by many posters on this thread.

And I still think that the parents are being used by HRW's, lawyers and media, who are just trying to get their minutes in the limelight in a highprofile case. And in reality don't care very much about the two scapegoats!

That in my book makes a show like the visit to the OAG a distraction from the real issue: The malpractice of the RTP. On the other hand I must admit (been thinking!!) this might put further pressure on the prosecutor!!

As for being insensitive and unempathetic, oh no I am an old softie, just trying not to get carried away!!

You're wrong. Don't believe everything that is said here about the Thais. They have as many shades of grey as you and I do. The black and white of the thing is just a tad more delineated.

Burmese judicial system and police force is as corrupt as the Thai one. Burmese press and readers will be surprised by nothing here.

The only difference is the bottom of the heap in Thailand is Burmese, the bottom of the heap in Burma is Mon, Karen, Rohingya and other non-Burmese and non-Chinese ethnic minorities. Senior Burmese officials, military, police and politicians will identify and empathise much more closely with their Thai equivalents than with their compatriot peasants.

Senior Burmese officials are Chinese. And so are the drug lords in Burma

• Like 1

I can only imagine how this is being reported in Myanmar.

Murder suspects say they confessed because they were threatened Published on Sunday, 26 October 2014 00:12

logo.png

Two Myanmar migrant workers, who are suspects in the killing two British nationals in Thailand’s Koh Tao, told their parents, a special delegation from the Myanmar Embassy in Thailand and human rights lawyers at Koh Samui Prison on October 24 that Thai police and an interpreter had threatened them into confessing to the killings, sources say.

Lawyer Aung Myo Than from the Myanmar Embassy told the Daily Eleven on October 24: “They cried when they were reunited with their parents. They said they hadn’t committed the killings and that they had confessed to the murders only because there was a threat to their lives.”

“We were allowed to meet with them for about two hours. They said they didn’t kill them [two British].

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy
  • Like 1

Burmese judicial system and police force is as corrupt as the Thai one. Burmese press and readers will be surprised by nothing here.

The only difference is the bottom of the heap in Thailand is Burmese, the bottom of the heap in Burma is Mon, Karen, Rohingya and other non-Burmese and non-Chinese ethnic minorities. Senior Burmese officials, military, police and politicians will identify and empathise much more closely with their Thai equivalents than with their compatriot peasants.

evidence not BS please!!

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/curfew-migrant-workers-islands-surat-thani-may-imposed/

an other racist blow by thai authorities...just to remove any doubt..

i cant find this thread on thaivisa ..why?

more racist statement by Surat governor on the BP

Try here:

Curfew for migrant workers on islands in Surat Thani may be imposed

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/curfew-migrant-workers-islands-surat-thani-may-imposed/

an other racist blow by thai authorities...just to remove any doubt..

i cant find this thread on thaivisa ..why?

more racist statement by Surat governor on the BP

Yeh aint that a joke..Muppets.

Foreign workers includes all foreigners then?

Guess we will see a lot of bars closing at 10pm! :lol:

Perhaps we as TV members need to suggest a few ways that the RTP and country can get out of this mess. We know they are now stuck and we also know how it works here and that they will not retract statements easily as they need to save face.

I say blame it on some faulty DNA testing equipment and then open the case backup and get the real murders and rapists. One department takes the blame and someone gets transferred to an inactive post and everyone else saves face and we get our murders and rapists. Thailand also rids itself of this scum... Win win win ....

Any suggestion ?

1. The DNA samples were inadvertently mislabeled (avoid being too specific).
  2. Most important: the confessions were all the fault of the Rohingya interpreter who had it in for the Rakhine suspects and wanted to frame them. He was the one who planted the false phone evidence. This should work well as none of us will care about him being falsely accused. After all, he really was a part of the attempted framing.

There really is no way they can keep up this bs for much longer, their thin blue line is becoming more like thread by the day.

I quite like idea number 2 as his pancakes were bad anyway when i lived there.