Car insurance

alanrchase

My son went to the local car dealer on Saturday to renew the car insurance. The old insurance expired yesterday so today I was searching in the car for some paperwork to prove it had been re-insured, (called a cover note in the UK), but could find nothing. Contacted my son and apparently you pay and get nothing in return until the insurance company processes the paperwork. Is this correct? If stopped by the BIB how do you prove the car is insured? Bought a bike a few months back and was given a piece of paper to say it was insured to cover me till the policy was fully processed. Not too keen to drive the car at the moment.

we just renewed our car insurance online, they sent details by email with a copy of the government insurance, the complete set came through the post by recorded delivery about a week later

No problem with the wait for the policy to be processed just unsure how I prove the car is insured when no temporary cover note was issued.

we just renewed our car insurance online, they sent details by email with a copy of the government insurance, the complete set came through the post by recorded delivery about a week later

No problem with the wait for the policy to be processed just unsure how I prove the car is insured when no temporary cover note was issued.

You should have got a receipt stating how much monies were paid and what for from the dealer. That's what they all should do. In my case the insurance come through some two + week's later. You won't get a cover note they the insurance peeps don't seem to issue same here.

Just pop along and demand one, I don't know of anyone that hands out cash monies without some sort of paper work.

You should have got a receipt stating how much monies were paid and what for from the dealer. That's what they all should do. In my case the insurance come through some two + week's later. You won't get a cover note they the insurance peeps don't seem to issue same here.

Just pop along and demand one, I don't know of anyone that hands out cash monies without some sort of paper work.

My son does apparently.

You will have Government compulsory insurance anyway or should have if you have a road tax disc.

The insurance you are relating to is extra cover from an insurance company from what you state.

Thanks for that. That will be why the wife kept pointing at the tax disc.

• Like 1