Bangkok: Prisoner maintains narcotics network with Line

webfact

Prisoner maintains narcotics network with Line
By Coconuts Bangkok

lineyaba.jpg

BANGKOK: -- With Line, mobile device users can keep in touch, trade distinctive stickers, track their favorite brands and find great shopping deals.

In fact they can also maintain a grip on their narcotics syndicate from behind bars, a little-known feature until Bangkok police announced the arrest of two teen drug dealers Friday who sourced methamphetamines from an inmate at a high-security prison.

Natdanai Sangpetcharat and Siwapon Ruadraew, both 19, were arrested in the capital’s Prawet district, and police said they found 76,000 speed pills, nearly 30 grams of crystal meth, a couple of pistols and various ammunition at their nearby residence, the Bangkok Post reported.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/10/prisoner-maintains-narcotics-network-line

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-11-10

Come on now. This is a surprise that drug dealers use mobile phones for their business...and Line happens to be very popular all across Asia...and allows for free private calls...gosh.

Learn something new each day.

why announce it, instead monitor the activity and arrest all involved

I think that sometimes it relates back to the inability of some Thais to keep anything told to them in confidence, confident. Before anyone gives me a rev about Thai bashing, just think about it. Has anyone told someone not to say anything but because it is important and will make others see them in a different light, they cannot help themselves and blurt it out, even to total strangers.

Have seen and heard it many times and as I am able to speak and understand the language I know when what I have told someone is being passed on. It nearly always relates to something that will make the teller look good or above those to whom they are relaying the matter. And even after I have shown my disdain they still persist in telling the storey.

So if this incident is put in the right perspective you may get the Look at me, Look at me syndrome and let's forget the big guns, that might be too complex or we will have to work too hard or maybe, I hope not, that they just don't understand criminal investigation procedures. Just look at the Police forces in Australia? They conduct covert investigations over months, sometimes years, to ensure they get the Mister Bigs, and these investigations extend world wide, not just to the confines of its borders. A reality check is long overdue here.

Edited by Si Thea01
  • Like 1