Race bike hire available in Thailand?

garryjohns

Hi to all riders

A few bikeriding mates and myself are planning a 3 month holiday in Thailand around New Years

Thought i had read on a thread sometime ago [can't find it now] that you could hire a race bike for the day and maybe the required safety gear

Any links and info regarding this would be appreciated.

We are just regular fairly hard riding guys nearing 50 and whilst here [without our bikes]could let off a bit of steam on a track somewhere.sort of safe.

Is it viable to just rent a bike from a shop and then take it too a track day?

Thanks for any leads.

to be honest mate i would forget about the track you are asking for a whole heap of trouble damage to bike/yourself and getting proper leathers etc etc,just rent some bikes and go on some nice and easy road trips plenty of choice of bikes around bkk,chaing mai and other major towns.

i will be using these guys to rent a bike dec/jan... http://www.bangkokbikesrental.com how ever you really want to be way up north chaingmai for the better biking roads.

i wouldn't recommend renting a bike from a shop and taking it to the track they obviously are not gonna agree to this and if you do it behind there back and you stack the bike well you are gonna end up with a ruined holiday and will probably end up buying the rental company a brand new bike.it also woukldnt surprise me if someone from the track rang up the rental company and advised them that a foreigner had taken their rental bikes to the track.

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 2

^

well never new that place existed if I'm reading there prices right £900 for 3 days including accommodation,not to keen on the part about you not even needing a bike license to go on track,then again safety don't really come into it in thailand.

Edited by taninthai

Hey Garryjohns.... I believe there are places where you can rent a bike in Thailand. I think cycling has become quite popular there now but safety can be a big issue. It should be OK to join group rides.. or races. There are many local road races- possible almost every weekend around Nov-Feb. If you can find a bike- perhaps you and your mates might want to give it a go. We are going to Bangkok at the end of Nov and will be there for two months. I am taking my bike with me and will be doing a 100k road race on 7th Dec at Kaeng Kra Chan- about 2 hours drive from Bangkok. I was born in Thailand but never did any cycling when living there..... If you are interested in doing a local race in Thailand- please let me know otherwise... have fun and ride safe wink.png

Cheers.

Edited by Avantica

Dont waste your time with a sports bike in thailand. They all have been crashed and put back togeather and i wouldnt trust the front end on them. They will also probably ask for your passport for insurance and i wouldnt recomend that. You will also feel very uncomfortable in your full leathers in the heat. Bira circuit isnt an ideal track for bikes. There are a thousand differnt things u can do to get your rocks off. Dont waste your time on a sport bike here. Please

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

^

well never new that place existed if I'm reading there prices right £900 for 3 days including accommodation,not to keen on the part about you not even needing a bike license to go on track,then again safety don't really come into it in thailand.

Do you have a DEATH WISH?

Up to you but NOT in Thailand, of all places!

Dont waste your time with a sports bike in thailand. They all have been crashed and put back togeather and i wouldnt trust the front end on them. They will also probably ask for your passport for insurance and i wouldnt recomend that. You will also feel very uncomfortable in your full leathers in the heat. Bira circuit isnt an ideal track for bikes. There are a thousand differnt things u can do to get your rocks off. Dont waste your time on a sport bike here. Please

a collection of nonsense remarks!

no safety, death wish, dont waste time, crashed bikes blah blah blah!

I been through many track events here and had no safety concerns.

Guys, just if you do not have balls to be on the track or have no idea on what you are talking about just no need such remarks!

Garryjohns wants to do track days and as long as he has experience doing it or experience or riding bikes but want to learn it, there are no problems about safety or whatever.

You dont want to waste your time, that is fine but please let others do whatever they want and please do not try to convince others on not doing track days here just because you scare!

I know the bikes of Highside tours and they are totally fine for track days. What did you expect? a 1,5 million Ducati Panigale?

Always keep in mind, a track is always safer than roads.

• Like 1

Thailand is not equipped to cater for "hard riding guys" on so many levels. You will waste lots of money,you will hate it.Thats if you live.

If you ride steady and enjoy the cruise, then yes its a brilliant place.

really?

Maybe we live in different parts and dimensions of Thailand!

it is one of the best country for motorcycling, hard or soft.

• Like 1

Done many track days and crashed a few bikes. I wouldnt want to deal with that shit in another country. Have seen some awsome riders crash there bikes on track days. Im not scared just smart enough to know i dont want to be in a thai hospital owing some thai person money because i stacked his bike. From my experience there are always one or two people that crash ona track day. Have fun if u r that person here.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

^

Do you have a DEATH WISH?

Up to you but NOT in Thailand, of all places!

a collection of nonsense remarks!

no safety, death wish, dont waste time, crashed bikes blah blah blah!

I been through many track events here and had no safety concerns.

Guys, just if you do not have balls to be on the track or have no idea on what you are talking about just no need such remarks!

Garryjohns wants to do track days and as long as he has experience doing it or experience or riding bikes but want to learn it, there are no problems about safety or whatever.

You dont want to waste your time, that is fine but please let others do whatever they want and please do not try to convince others on not doing track days here just because you scare!

I know the bikes of Highside tours and they are totally fine for track days. What did you expect? a 1,5 million Ducati Panigale?

Always keep in mind, a track is always safer than roads.

Whewee..ask a simple question and get all the wrong replies.

I agree with all you say ll2. I didn't want to say the same and be seen as inapropriately speaking as a noobie here.Thanks for covering that

thanks for concerns of our safety though it is missguided All of us have been riding fast bikes for average 30 years each and also do many trackdays and ride daily transport here at home and cover many k's on bikes.

Life is risky whatever you are doing and where ever you are.

Appreciate the info from those who do understand the question.

• Like 1

Much better to crash on the track than on the road. Bira is a great circuit for bikes, I've always had fun.

Some people are so negative.

They are negative bc of their incompetence i believe

or bc they havr no idea on what they are talking about!

• Like 1

The new track at BuriLam is fantastic, now rated in the top 10 in the world for cars (inc F1) and MotGP will be held there next year +

Hopefully they will be doing track days for bikes soon. They already do for cars.

Maybe www.highsidetours.com can shed some light on this?

Please.

yes I do know how to spell Buri Ram

+ you can watch the foote

The new track at BuriLam is fantastic, now rated in the top 10 in the world for cars (inc F1) and MotGP will be held there next year +

Hopefully they will be doing track days for bikes soon. They already do for cars.

Please.

When did Buriram international circuit get rated in the top 10 race circuits in the world and by whom?

it's only been open 6 months and as far as I'm aware has had NO international events to date!

But I notice it's changed it's name already Chang international circuit!

Please.

Track days are starting at buri ram chang int. circuit.

Check it out. First one coming 6th and 7th of december and rest will follow.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/762424-Yamaha---Pirelli-Track-Day---Buriram-Int.-Circuit---6---7th-December,-2014#entry20473

Edited by ll2

Are you an Idiot Race bike? yes they have a flat track but unless your a very skilled rider then your just another dead farang.ee

Idiots never stop amazing me knucklehead you and your mates grab a couple spinners safer or ladyboys, just noticed Oz reference, know how you Aussie's are a bit freaky well some any way but race bikes your mama have any children born with a brain?

What ???

Is this English ?

• Like 1

Are you an Idiot Race bike? yes they have a flat track but unless your a very skilled rider then your just another dead farang.ee

Idiots never stop amazing me knucklehead you and your mates grab a couple spinners safer or ladyboys, just noticed Oz reference, know how you Aussie's are a bit freaky well some any way but race bikes your mama have any children born with a brain?

What ???

Is this English ?

haha, sounds like monkey language to me too!

• Like 2

Well,thanks to Graham {highside tours] who i have contacted and a couple of other relevant posters i have some info as requested.

The others..what the hell are they thinking?

They are just bored i guess.

Edted..just read Grahams post who came on when i was doing my reply as he says about these others.

I agree mate ,as you say, a lot of>>> uneducated, ignorant, opinionated and just plain wrong "advice"

Edited by garryjohns
  • Like 2

I was refering to the sport bikes on pattaya beach rd. Hired a cbr 600 rr once which was so badly put togeather i had to return it after one hour. I have the same bike at home in my country. I was naieve at the time to hand over my passport as well as a deposit. I argued with the man who then gave me a r6 that was only slightly better. He finally admited all the sport bikes on the beach were generally write offs and put togeather with spare parts ie bent frames etc. I read your website, what bikes do u have for track days?

We use the 2010 Kawasaki ER6N. Bikes have had some small mods, rearsets, handlebars, levers, crash protection. Good to go fast and/or slow and great fun to ride. And before any more tossers come in with comments about "real sports bikes" or "not enough power" or "don't like the front end" or "for that money it's gotta be an R1" just save it. I've heard it all before and I'm not interested.

Bike rentals from beach road can be hit and miss [mostly miss]. Not for the inexperienced. Biggest single problem is not really bent frames or quality of spares but quality of tyres. They normally save money by putting Harley type cruiser tyres on the front which have an inner tube, harden up in the sun and basically offer almost no grip in the dry and zero in the wet. I've also seen sidewall repairs done with black window latex. I still get 2-3 phone calls a year from someone who has crashed at the track on one of these and is looking for a way to get the bike repaired without the rental company finding out. Very difficult BTW. That said, some people have rented 4-5 different bikes from some places and had no issues at all either with deposits or maintenance.

• Like 1

We use the 2010 Kawasaki ER6N. Bikes have had some small mods, rearsets, handlebars, levers, crash protection. Good to go fast and/or slow and great fun to ride. And before any more tossers come in with comments about "real sports bikes" or "not enough power" or "don't like the front end" or "for that money it's gotta be an R1" just save it. I've heard it all before and I'm not interested.

Bike rentals from beach road can be hit and miss [mostly miss]. Not for the inexperienced. Biggest single problem is not really bent frames or quality of spares but quality of tyres. They normally save money by putting Harley type cruiser tyres on the front which have an inner tube, harden up in the sun and basically offer almost no grip in the dry and zero in the wet. I've also seen sidewall repairs done with black window latex. I still get 2-3 phone calls a year from someone who has crashed at the track on one of these and is looking for a way to get the bike repaired without the rental company finding out. Very difficult BTW. That said, some people have rented 4-5 different bikes from some places and had no issues at all either with deposits or maintenance.

i believe, twin cylinder torquey engine of kawa er series are great for tight and short tracks in Thailand.

Kawa er series are good choices for track days here and also to rent.

OP, never rent a bike from a beach road shop and go to a track day. If they find out or if you crash, hard days sure awaits!

• Like 2

Please.

When did Buriram international circuit get rated in the top 10 race circuits in the world and by whom?

it's only been open 6 months and as far as I'm aware has had NO international events to date!

But I notice it's changed it's name already Chang international circuit!

Buriram Circuit haw been accredited with Certificate FIA Grade 1. That means that they can hold events up to Formula 1. They just completed the first SuperGT race which was a total success, as they were under the microscope by the International community. WSBK 2015 has a proposed calendar which also includes a round in March 2015.

post-6366-14165939912227_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i believe, twin cylinder torquey engine of kawa er series are great for tight and short tracks in Thailand.

Kawa er series are good choices for track days here and also to rent.

OP, never rent a bike from a beach road shop and go to a track day. If they find out or if you crash, hard days sure awaits!

I've seen what Graham to do with his ER6. The bikes perform very well and he has more than his share of shredded tyres from bike and tyres pushed to their limits and beyond. :)

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Edited by Garry
  • Like 1