South Pattaya Late Night Restaurants raided by District Licensing Officers

webfact

South Pattaya Late Night Restaurants raided by District Licensing Officers

bar-11.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In response to complaints from local residents in the South Pattaya area, who are being disturbed by local restaurants which open all night and play loud music until Dawn, a raid of the restaurants, located on the South Pattaya Road, took place over the weekend.

Khun Sakchai, the Chief of Banglamung District led the raids on the Hot Pot & BBQ Restaurants located next to the entrance of Soi 1 on the South Pattaya Road at 2am on Saturday.

At the time, many patrons were at the restaurants and consuming alcohol and some were smoking shisha. Checks on patrons and staff were made and 10 people were found not to carrying their Thai ID cards which is a minor offence in Thailand, punishable with a small fine. In addition, 5 people under the age of 20 were found to be consuming alcohol.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/155818/south-pattaya-late-night-restaurants-raided-by-district-licensing-officers/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-24

Half of me hopes this is a sign that pattaya will get serious about stopping businesses making unreasonable noise at unreasonable hours near residential areas.

The other half thinks it's just another "for show" performance using a convenient scapegoat who probably did not pay off the correct officer.

Only time will tell which half is correct although my money is on the second scenario.

:wacko:

• Like 1

If you dont like noise then dont rent near south pattaya rd.

Unfortunately these noisy establishments can pop up anywhere, overnight. I can point to one or two karaoke places in Jomtien that must make the lives of nearby residents a living hell.

Thailand needs to develop serious rules about zoning, and apply them without exception. This should include banning all noise near existing housing areas or condo buildings.

• Like 1

It`s amazing the amount of places like this about, not sure if it`s this one that`s on the corner of pattaya tai and soi khao pai, althougth there`s more further down the road, I have passed there six in the morning and there`s still loads on the old thai whiskey, aand they leave it like a bomb site until late afternoon to start again,

Edited by petercool
edited bold type